The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Yes, that's right, more friggin' nail stickers!

Discussion in 'Cosmetic Mods' started by Automaton, Aug 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Automaton

Automaton Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jun 23, 2010
    US
    So NewLou and I have turned into local vaping buddies. And at our last meet-up, we sat around at my counter, meticulously messing with nail stickers and dressing up our Kr8's.

Unfortunately, I don't have any pics of her handiwork (leave it on, I like it!), but here's mine.

Got a little excited on the black one...

2. suddenly

suddenly Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Nov 26, 2009
    The Secret Garden
    The black one is gorgous. Where do you get your stickers?

3. CtryBoy

CtryBoy Super Member ECF Veteran

Jul 24, 2010
    Texas
    Have you tried putting any of those on the cartomizer directly??

Trying to come up with an easy way to differentiate my plethera of black cartomizers. Thought of using the little peel and stick dots, but worried about the paper absorbing juice and or the glue getting too hot, since I'd put it close to the battery end.

4. Automaton

Jun 23, 2010
    US
    suddenlyno - Walgreens. :) They're Kiss "Cat Walk" stickers.

CtryBoy - Nope, I haven't stuck them on the cartos. It's hard to tell in the pics, but to get them to really stay put, I had to cover the batt with clear nail polish. I re-use and wash cartos, so I don't want to risk that. Also, after washing, or when I try new flavors, I wanted some easier way to mark my cartos that wouldn't rub off, but wasn't permanent.

So, I just bought some of these:
    Non-Latex Spectrum Neon Intraoral Elastics

They're orthodontic rubber bands. They come in what looks like 6 colors, but I can use 2 bands together to get more diversity out of them.

They won't come off until I want them to, and when I want them to they will come off easily, and can be re-used, which was exactly the goal. I reckon this will solve the carto confusion. :)

5. CtryBoy

CtryBoy Super Member ECF Veteran

Jul 24, 2010
    Texas
  6. GoodDog

GoodDog Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 31, 2009
    SF East Bay
    I used these stickers on my eGo battery and on one of my Box Mods just to make them a little more girlish looking. They've stayed on better than I thought they would and so far (couple of months) no problems. :) Next I'm thinking of getting some crystal cabs for my painted mods. :p

7. suddenly

Nov 26, 2009
    The Secret Garden
    Oh great! I have a Walgreens just around the corner.

I know where I am going in the morning.

Thank you:)

8. GoodDog

GoodDog Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 31, 2009
    SF East Bay
    WalMart has a good selection and a few different brands. I was looking at some of the iron-on "jewels" and wondering if the heat from the cartos or attys would make them stick... maybe.

CtryBoy, one of my best finds was a toothbrush holder for my eGos. I like having several flavors to pick from and the one I bought holds 4 perfectly for $2.99!

9. suddenly

Nov 26, 2009
    The Secret Garden
    Thats a great idea! I usually have at least 4 going at the same time.
    I keep losing them. Down the couch, under my butt, that sorta thing.
    Need me a new toothbrush holder.

Your a PV saver. lol;)

10. NewLou

NewLou Senior Member ECF Veteran

You found them! Cool! Did you order the 3/8" ones?

I had so much fun hanging out with you! I'm glad I didn't put nail polish on my decorated batty, yet, because I was able to reposition some of the stickers to make it look less like a christmas ornament! :laugh: (green batty, gold and crystal designs). I think I'll do better with more thinking ahead about what kind of design I would like. Also, it is definitely a good idea to leave bare places for where you hold the ecig.

I told my son that you wanted to find skull stickers, and he said "Oh, that would be Awesome!" Sounds like I might have to pick some up for him if we can find them! :)

Looking forward to our next get-together! :)

Love, Lou

11. Automaton

Jun 23, 2010
    US
    Nope, 1/8. Tiny, and maybe a bit fidgety to get on, but the Kr8 is just under 3/8, so I didn't want to take the risk on the fit being too loose.

Sweet! You should post pictures!

I was thinking either a Day of the Dead skull, or pirate stuff for my last one. It looks so plin next to my other 2 now!

We shall have to have a pizza-in sometime soon. :)

12. whiskey

whiskey Moved On

Jan 13, 2010
    puuuur...cat walk stickers...Puuurrrr[​IMG]

13. VpnDrgn

VpnDrgn Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jul 21, 2010
    Gulfport, MS.
    I use a "dymo" label printer that I got at walmart. Have to buy a cartridge of the plastic labeling material though, it comes with a paper cartridge. I put the flavor and the date, that way I don't get confused with how long I've been using a carto.:)

14. Automaton

Jun 23, 2010
    US
    So, I got my rubber bands in. Here's a pic of current vape - snazzy black batt, and color-coded carto. The green and orange is for Lucky Strike.

Go on. Try and tell me you're not jealous of my rubber bands and nail stickers.

15. NewLou

Nice! How much was shipping?

16. Automaton

Jun 23, 2010
    US
    $2.22. So... it doubled the price. :/ But so it goes.

17. Automaton

Jun 23, 2010
    US
  18. NewLou

Wow, that's a really cool skull! I'm not sure if he will like it, I'll see if I can show it to him next time he's here (he still doesn't have internet. :( )

That shipping isn't too bad. I might order some bands, too. Are they hard to get on the cartos?

19. Automaton

Jun 23, 2010
    US
    I've got plenty. :) I got a pack of 100, I can give you some.

They're a bit fiddly at first, but I got a method down. I pin down one edge of the rubber band to the side of the carto with my nail, and use the other hand to stretch it over the top, then roll it down so it sits in the gap between the carto condoms.

I got the "medium" ones, so they're pretty stretchy.

20. NewLou

Cool, thanks! Also, I was in Wisconsin yesterday, so I picked up a bottle of PGA. They only had a huge bottle, which I will never use, so I can give you a bunch! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.