The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Yes, that's right, more friggin' nail stickers!

Discussion in 'Cosmetic Mods' started by Automaton, Aug 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Automaton

Automaton Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jun 23, 2010
    US
    Ha ha, count on Wisconsin... Awesome! PGA is useful stuff. Saved one of my batteries last night,

2. Automaton

Automaton Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jun 23, 2010
    US
    UPDATE

Well, it's about 2.5-3 weeks on, and as of tonight, I started to lose the stickers on my black batt.

Unsurprisingly, the ones that popped off were the bejeweled ones, right by the manual switch. It obviously gets rubbed a lot, and the bewjeweled stickers are more prone to getting knocked around than the flat ones.

I gently cleaned the area with alcohol, put them back in place, and painted over them with clear nail polish again. And then, a few hours later, the bejeweled stickers on the *other* side of the button popped off too.

So, I wiped the whole batt, and repainted all of it again, putting 2 or 3 layers on the stickers right by the button.

It appears that this particular cosmetic mod may require some regular upkeep. I'm going to start re-painting the batt every two weeks, probably right after my bi-monthly thread cleaning.

3. MrsJaaxx

MrsJaaxx Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Feb 16, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Ooh, fancy! I love it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.