yesterday i saw someone vaping on the bus...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mooreted

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2011
California
When vaping in public, I do my best not to blow out clouds of vapor. When people don't see "smoke" they don't pay any attention. The trouble with being brazen about vaping is that you will give the public a bad impression that they may one day carry to the voting booth. All those people giving dirty looks are going to tell all their friends about these annoying "vapers" blowing toxic fumes at them all day. I know it's fun to play with the sheeple, but we may need their votes when big brother tries to shut us down.

thinkingaboutit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
mn
When vaping in public, I do my best not to blow out clouds of vapor. When people don't see "smoke" they don't pay any attention. The trouble with being brazen about vaping is that you will give the public a bad impression that they may one day carry to the voting booth. All those people giving dirty looks are going to tell all their friends about these annoying "vapers" blowing toxic fumes at them all day. I know it's fun to play with the sheeple, but we may need their votes when big brother tries to shut us down.

I ride a motorcycle and we have the same issues. Jackasses stunting in traffic is what people remember, not the guy who just rode by them on both wheels.

mistinthewoods

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Brooklyn, MI
What an incredibly arrogant thing to do... Why do people think its okay to invade others personal space like that? No seriously, how obnoxious can you be? You're on a freaking bus.

Oh wow. were you sitting next to the guy?
Oh, you weren't? ... I just thought that since you seemed so offended......

sheesh.

Orobas

Equine Disrespect
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2012
Jarhead City
I'm a vaper whose a bus driver by profession. And i'd stealthvape while I drove. My kgo doesn't look like a cigarette, my posture doesn't look like i'm smoking when i use it, and if i hold my the vapor a minute most people don't notice.

the only one who DID notice was a little old lady with her ego on a lanyard enjoying cherry tobacco. Made my day, and I'm so proud of the elderly who make the switch. It's hard enough for we relative "youngins" who have been smoking for only a few years to make the switch, nevermind someone whose literally been smoking longer than i've been alive.

Tramd

ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2012
canada
Oh wow. were you sitting next to the guy?
Oh, you weren't? ... I just thought that since you seemed so offended......

sheesh.

So you're going to pretend like you wouldn't be annoyed if someone started doing something so invasive to personal space on public transit? How about someone eating watermelon on the bus with the water from the melon casually splashing on you. Its only water and hardly happens too often, no big deal right? How about someone applying some axe body spray on the bus, just a smell right? Why not bring a boombox and blast your own music? You have headphones right?

Dont kid yourself, its being obnoxious in a public place. If you cant wait until you're off the bus to vape then you have a serious problem.

dont be a hypocrite.

martinc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2011
Montreal,Quebec,Canada
I ride a motorcycle and we have the same issues. Jackasses stunting in traffic is what people remember, not the guy who just rode by them on both wheels.

Got one of those backpack with cell holder on the left shoulder strap,I got a cheap Revolution V2 and that setup coupled with my Bell renegade,is perfect to vape in traffic while riding my Duck

:laugh:

AlmityPunx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 16, 2012
Texas
ya i think its just good form to "stealth vape" in public places... i take a quick puff off one and hold it in so little vapor.
in places where smoking is allowed i have no problem letting out a cloud but to me its just a respect thing. wouldnt blow smoke in someone's face so why blow vapor in someone's? just because its non-toxic doesnt mean its in good form.

plus i dont really like getting into the whole "what is that thing" conversations with strangers...

NotJohnnyDepp

Jul 11, 2012
London
I have a slightly different view of public vaping, but then my PV isn't huge on vapour so most ppl don't notice.
I think there's a big difference between casually enjoying a vape on the train or bus than "blowing it in someone's face".
Aside from that in London I have seen quite a few vapers in the wild, it's a great moment... Bars and restaurants mostly, though my GF and I regularly vape together in restaurants. Truth be told its one such occasion recently that encouraged a vaper nearby our table to get on the bandwagon. The staff were enthralled and it was a very positive atmosphere. I even tweetted about it it made me so happy...

blitztech

Jul 22, 2012
NOLA
I have yet to see anyone else vaping anywhere which is surprising as I live in an urban area with over a million people. the smoke shops carry very little if any vaping supplies (I have to order everything online). when I do vape in public though I never get any negative remarks like I used to with analogs. really makes me wonder sometimes. I still try to avoid vaping in public as I like to avoid explaining it to strangers as well. they should just google it lol

MickeyRat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2011
Hickory, NC
So you're going to pretend like you wouldn't be annoyed if someone started doing something so invasive to personal space on public transit? How about someone eating watermelon on the bus with the water from the melon casually splashing on you. Its only water and hardly happens too often, no big deal right? How about someone applying some axe body spray on the bus, just a smell right? Why not bring a boombox and blast your own music? You have headphones right?

Dont kid yourself, its being obnoxious in a public place. If you cant wait until you're off the bus to vape then you have a serious problem.

dont be a hypocrite.

That's ridiculous!!! You do realize that that vapor isn't going anywhere your microbe laden breath doesn't go right? Just because you can't see it, it's not less invasive.

How about that horrible cologne you're wearing and that deodorant you don't use and your cute cell phone ring tone that's so annoying and that hideous shade of red you're wearing and that gum you're chewing that smells so bad and...

People do lots of things that invade what you call my space. The thing is I don't walk around with a sphere around me that makes whatever space in near proximity to my person mine. In fact, most of the time in public, it's not my space at all. People intrude into the space around me with all manner of things that I would rather weren't there. I don't take offense nor do I do anything about it. Why not? Because it really isn't my space. I don't reign over it. I don't have any right to say what's allowed and not allowed in it. Other people have as much right to do stuff in that space as I do. If you don't understand that fact, it's a wonder that you can function in public at all.

You've made up a right and using that made up right, you've made up an offense. There really is no basis for what you're saying.

mooreted

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2011
California
Perception is reality. People see you "smoking" something and they think it must be bad and you shouldn't be doing that especially around children and pretty soon you have a bunch of upset people on a bus. Where a person might think that to mention your stinky cologne would be rude, they would have no trouble complaining that you are "smoking" something, and since it looks funny, you're probably smoking something bad.

I just think it's not good public relations to sit on a bus or plane and blow clouds of vapor in front of people who have no idea what you're doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread