yesterday i saw someone vaping on the bus...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Doctor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2012
Barrie, ON
So you're going to pretend like you wouldn't be annoyed if someone started doing something so invasive to personal space on public transit? How about someone eating watermelon on the bus with the water from the melon casually splashing on you. Its only water and hardly happens too often, no big deal right? How about someone applying some axe body spray on the bus, just a smell right? Why not bring a boombox and blast your own music? You have headphones right?

Dont kid yourself, its being obnoxious in a public place. If you cant wait until you're off the bus to vape then you have a serious problem.

dont be a hypocrite.

45a5a902-cf53-13d8.jpg

I vape everywhere.. If it's on a bus, plane, subway etc sometimes I'm stealthy about it... Sometimes not.

If anyone ever raged at me like that, I'm pretty sure I'd laugh my .... off.

vaping since: a while
Cigarettes avoided: lots
Money saved: probably not
devices: Yes
(insert crappy graphic and vendor logo here)

takirb

ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2012
SC
I've only ran into 1 vaper in the wild. I was at a bar with some co-workers, and i was vaping like there was no tomorrow (everyone else was smoking and/or watching me with that weird look on their face). I just kept puffing away to fight that analog urge, then the bar manager walked up to me and said "Heeeey, what's that? You must have the upgraded version of my Ego....". We talked for a few about ecigs, and for some reason, by the others just seeing someone else vaping also, they didn't think twice about me vaping away. Now when i go in there, though smoking is allowed, i feel i'm in good company when i pull out the Kgo.

As for public vaping, I do it all the time in walmart, grocery stores, other people's offices at work, etc. I do stealth vape though, and often don't even realize it till someone says something. And that's a bad thing 'cause i'm not allowed to vape at work LOL I don't blow the clouds out simply 'cause I don't want to be hassled or have to explain anything to anyone. In this specific case, what people don't know certainly isn't going to hurt them...

MickeyRat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2011
Hickory, NC
Perception is reality. People see you "smoking" something and they think it must be bad and you shouldn't be doing that especially around children and pretty soon you have a bunch of upset people on a bus. Where a person might think that to mention your stinky cologne would be rude, they would have no trouble complaining that you are "smoking" something, and since it looks funny, you're probably smoking something bad.

I just think it's not good public relations to sit on a bus or plane and blow clouds of vapor in front of people who have no idea what you're doing.

If I'd ever experienced that, I might say you had a point. I will say if you're vaping an 808 or 510, you're asking for that reaction but, do it with something that has no resemblance to a cigarette and it usually doesn't happen. At first glance people think it's smoke but, they see this device that they don't recognize that you are getting it from. By then they've noticed there's no "smoke" coming from the device and it's not really dissipating the way smoke does. Then they usually tell you how cool it is. That's been my experience.

Tramd

ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2012
canada
The Doctor:6788851 said:
So you're going to pretend like you wouldn't be annoyed if someone started doing something so invasive to personal space on public transit? How about someone eating watermelon on the bus with the water from the melon casually splashing on you. Its only water and hardly happens too often, no big deal right? How about someone applying some axe body spray on the bus, just a smell right? Why not bring a boombox and blast your own music? You have headphones right?

Dont kid yourself, its being obnoxious in a public place. If you cant wait until you're off the bus to vape then you have a serious problem.

dont be a hypocrite.

45a5a902-cf53-13d8.jpg

I vape everywhere.. If it's on a bus, plane, subway etc sometimes I'm stealthy about it... Sometimes not.

If anyone ever raged at me like that, I'm pretty sure I'd laugh my .... off.

Vaping since: a while
Devices: Yes

Your smug is showing

Tramd

ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2012
canada
MickeyRat:6788594 said:

dont be a hypocrite.

That's ridiculous!!! You do realize that that vapor isn't going anywhere your microbe laden breath doesn't go right? Just because you can't see it, it's not less invasive.

How about that horrible cologne you're wearing and that deodorant you don't use and your cute cell phone ring tone that's so annoying and that hideous shade of red you're wearing and that gum you're chewing that smells so bad and...

People do lots of things that invade what you call my space. The thing is I don't walk around with a sphere around me that makes whatever space in near proximity to my person mine. In fact, most of the time in public, it's not my space at all. People intrude into the space around me with all manner of things that I would rather weren't there. I don't take offense nor do I do anything about it. Why not? Because it really isn't my space. I don't reign over it. I don't have any right to say what's allowed and not allowed in it. Other people have as much right to do stuff in that space as I do. If you don't understand that fact, it's a wonder that you can function in public at all.

You've made up a right and using that made up right, you've made up an offense. There really is no basis for what you're saying.

So you admit it sucks to have people on the bus that stink and/or do other things that are obnoxious to the others packed around in close proximity yet give blowing vapour around a free pass? Dude, that makes you a hypocrite.

Who the hell is talking about rights? It's common sense, don't be an oblivious tool while on transit. Where the hell do you people live where something like this is acceptable?

If you still dont get it here's a hint. It has nothing to do with it being harmless or not...

cerver7

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 18, 2010
Shamong NJ
So you admit it sucks to have people on the bus that stink and/or do other things that are obnoxious to the others packed around in close proximity yet give blowing vapour around a free pass? Dude, that makes you a hypocrite.

Who the hell is talking about rights? It's common sense, don't be an oblivious tool while on transit. Where the hell do you people live where something like this is acceptable?

If you still dont get it here's a hint. It has nothing to do with it being harmless or not...

Someone needs a hug & maybe a gin+ tonic.....

cerver7

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 18, 2010
Shamong NJ
Someone needs to work on not being an obnoxious douche lol

I'm glad you feel that way about yourself. Try to calm down and realize that everyone has different opinions and just because you say something is bad or wrong does not mean they agree or have to agree. And then maybe accept that and not be so bit$&y on the forum.

/sarcasm mode off

cerver7

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 18, 2010
Shamong NJ
Sorry bud, I don't think holding onto an opinion over common sense is a thing :(

Rofl. Common sense? What if someone was raised in an environment that was a lot different and things like this were normal? Did they not smoke on buses and planes 30/40 years ago??

You are one stiff and sad person IMO.

Tramd

ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2012
canada
cerver7:6793826 said:
Sorry bud, I don't think holding onto an opinion over common sense is a thing :(

Rofl. Common sense? What if someone was raised in an environment that was a lot different and things like this were normal? Did they not smoke on buses and planes 30/40 years ago??

You are one stiff and sad person IMO.

Sorry I don't live in that fantasy world?

The Doctor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2012
Barrie, ON
Your smug is showing

45a5a902-aedc-0d7e.jpg

Your butthurt is showing.

Seriously dude, get off your high horse. If someone is offended by the smell, or has a chemical sensitivity they can say so themselves. If vaping is ok with the proprietor, then vape away. I've never had anyone, in any situation tell me I wasn't allowed to vape, and if they do, well, it's their call.

No one likes being chastised, particularly in the manner you presented yourself. you could have handled your argument diplomatically, but you chose to put on your "captain PC, defender of morals, virtue and fair play" cape and underoos and come out swinging...and yet you're surprised people aren't flocking to your banner?

You can call me smug, I don't mind... I just have to go back, read your initial post, and consider the source.

Maybe you should worry yourself more with how you're going to (effectively) communicate the concerns you have than how complete strangers conduct themselves.

Vaping since: a while
Devices: Yes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread