Yet another cart filler material

Status
Not open for further replies.

144man

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
Uhhh... Aren't you getting a "taste" from whatever is in the dryer sheets?
I would be worried as to what the dryer sheets are treated with... even after rinsing them out...
Did you go this route because you don't have any of the other choices available anywhere?

No taste whatsoever. They come out of my dryer completely clean and odor free. Actually, the stuff's pretty versatile. I've used it with polyester and sometimes epoxy resin, in place of fiberglass for various repair jobs.

Dirtybutts

ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2009
West Point, New York
Spent dryer sheets. Its very loose non-woven polyester, (I think.) I just rinsed it in plain water, dried it, cut a strip and made a little roll. It soaks up nicely, and seems to wick really well.

I would be very wary of using used dryer sheets..They contain perfume and other chemicals that I am not sure are good for inhalation at all. I think even if you dont taste anything your still inhaling the unknown...

codfish124

ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2009
Lakewood Co USA
a real wick would hold the juice not good.

as far as a dryer sheet i think it a good idea if it doesn't taste like fabric softener. heat released the chemicals in it so maybe boil it a few times in new water. im gonna try this PTB don't work all that well in a 801.

PS im a appliance repair man. if your dryer is running hot you need to get a vent cleaning before you cause more damage.

Scottbee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2009
Okauchee Lake, WI
How about using real wick that had the same diameter as the carts? Like the ones that are used in the classic lanterns. Wouldn't that work?

EDIT: Sorry if it has been tried already, I'm not even vaping, waiting for my kits to arrive lol

I'm not ready to dismiss that so quickly. Wicks can certainly be made from a variety of materials, but the large ones that I have seen for oil lamps can certainly hold a lot of fluid, and .... of course.. have excellent "wicking" capabilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread