Yet another "Just ordered my first REO and I'm about to burst with excitement" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Statistic

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2013
United States
What an agonizing decision!!

This morning I had it down to a Grand (vs mini2.1) in one of the following finishes:

Black Wrinkle
Black Wrinkle/Copper Vein
Black Wrinkle/Silver Vein
Tumbled Raw Aluminum

After no less than 6 hours of contemplation I decided on the Black Wrinkle/Silver Vein, an RM2, a button cover and an extra bottle.

I never understood why people loved dripping so much, how it could be so much better to make it worth having to carry a bottle of juice around with you all day and deal with the hassles of dripping. After a couple weeks of micro coil + cotton vaping I am finding it very difficult to summon the motivation to keep rebuilding my tank genny's and oddy clone... ;)

I just can't wait. I am so excited to join the club and get to have the best of both, dripper flavor and tank capacity.. and a big battery to get me all the way through the day to boot!

I'm also looking forward to cleaning up the mess that is my rebuilding/tinkering area. No more tedious process of disassembling and cleaning out tanks to rebuild them. No more nr-r-nr silliness. No more searching for the best wick material (sheesh I think I've tried nearly all of them).

Sigh.... now for the familiar and excruciating vapemail wait :tumble::vapor:

Last edited:

Statistic

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2013
United States
Stats!!!!!! Yaaaaaaaaay!!!

smile.jpg

Congrats, great decision. The black/silver will be awesome. The wait is always a drag but it builds the excitement.

Now make sure you save those other choices just in case for when you order another one. :evil:

HAHA, I'm sure my second REO will be a tumbled aluminum mini2.1... :facepalm: which I will polish to a mirror finish. I REALLY love shiny silver, I think it looks super classy. It's inevitable, I may as well not fight it, lol

**edit - unless I somehow stumble upon a nickle REO. I've found some pictures of them, I think they look really awesome.

pdib

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2012
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
RE: "tried every kind of wicking material"

I've finally realized there's no way around it. I need a 2nd REO/RM2. Why? Because, what EVER wicking material we use, less is much mo' better. I've been trying to make some use of my other equipment lately, and the thing that it really comes down to is .. . . . .

1: with a goosebox, you need hardly any wick at all

2: i just like the RM2 way better

I thought my other equipment would serve as a backup, and I guess it would keep me alive, but I don't need to live that way.

SO . . . . . . OK . . . . . . somebody, go ahead and send me another one . .. . . . . . . . . :pop: . . . . .

Navy4life

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 18, 2013
Jacksonville, Fl
Congrats on your purchase! You kind of summed it up with Tank maintenance and inconsistent performance. I mean, when the tanks were good; they were good, but when they failed so did your efforts to vape! I mean think about it. The tanks (clearos to include Vivi nova, Protanks, Kanger t3's and all that other stuff combined the tank and the heating element (coil) all in one. If one performed well and one didn't, it makes for a bad day! I do plan on playing with the RBa2 from REOs, but you know what, I ordered some cartomizers and atomizers also. I figure this system is truly versatile. I do what I want, and not what the system wants me to do!

Yirabeth

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2009
Michigan, USA
Congrats!

I so totally hear you on the frustration of the constant manipulation of your ecig solution...and eventually there's bound to be a time where you just cannot cater to temperamental flightiness any more. Then the hard part is if you're not prepared for it with a sweet little deal like the Reo... (which is what happened to me. It wouldn't work, I didn't have time to fix it, and didn't know when I would have time in the foreseeable future. And I was once again smoking after more than a year without.)

Statistic

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2013
United States
Having another gifted RBA'r, like statistic, in our mix is a great side effect. :)

Don't forget to add a spring or two to your cart bro :)

Who me? *blushes bashfully* :)

Extra springs? hmm... should I anticipate them shrinking on me?

Your suggestion reminds me of THIS THREAD I just came across by tomzgreat... any thoughts from some of you seasoned REOnauts on his voltage drop findings?

Last edited:

Statistic

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2013
United States
LOLOL

Yeah.. I know what opinions are like, everyone has one ;)

I'm pretty daggone confident in the purchase. If the likes of you and the .6ohm loving pdibster (and wow, soooo many others. I think there may be more REOnauts than Provarinati!) are such fans of the REO I imagine it won't dissapoint.

I did just go ahead and order 3 extra springs, just in case ;)

Statistic

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2013
United States
Oh, the spring will collapse if you short the REO.

Yeah that pretty much comes with the territory. I've gotten used to spring free vaping between my EA and my modified #19.. I'm getting pretty good at not shorting out my setups but of course better to be prepared than be out of commission waiting for vapemail!!

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
LOLOL

Yeah.. I know what opinions are like, everyone has one ;)

I'm pretty daggone confident in the purchase. If the likes of you and the .6ohm loving pdibster (and wow, soooo many others. I think there may be more REOnauts than Provarinati!) are such fans of the REO I imagine it won't dissapoint.

I did just go ahead and order 3 extra springs, just in case ;)

I have 4 that I have never used. But I didn't wanna take a chance and let a 2 dollar part mess up a perfect vape. My suggestion...throw another REO in the cart to save the 5 bucks on shipping a week from now when you realize you need a backup. :)

Statistic

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2013
United States
I have 4 that I have never used. But I didn't wanna take a chance and let a 2 dollar part mess up a perfect vape. My suggestion...throw another REO in the cart to save the 5 bucks on shipping a week from now when you realize you need a backup. :)

HAHA dude believe me I would have but my vape budget will not allow it for at least a couple weeks.. haha.

I'm already starting to give some of my gear the evil eye, you know the look.. the one says "look at me wrong, I dare you. You'll be posted on the classies faster than I could rebuild your coil"

pdib

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2012
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
Yeah, hey Stats, re: the voltage drop thing. I'm doing a 0.5Ω micro-coil this week. I haven't taken it into "zee laboratory" or anything. Alls I know is its f-diddly-licious. Maybe on a different mod, it would hit harder, maybe not. If I needed more, I'd leave-off a wrap. So, I guess, whatever. Like I said, this week I've been trying to approximate the excellent vape I'm getting off my REO/RM2 setup in an IGO-L and an AGA-T on "The Natural Tubesteak", and its just not there!

I haven't watched the whole (45min ?) video of Tom dropping things off the table, but it seems like he's comparing a mech to a VV with unusually high amp limits. So, ok.

EDIT: I just tried to watch some more of that video, saw him puffing at .5 on the REO. I'd very much like to to show him what my clouds look like when I take a toot on my REO @0.5.

Still watching the pertinent part . . .. I really don't understand what he is doing wrong. Batteries? His volt-meter? I blow serious clouds ALL DAY LONG on ONE MNKE18650.

Last edited by a moderator:

Statistic

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2013
United States
omglol.. yeah he dropped a few things. He did compare it to the Bogger but he also compared the REO to the K100. Fresh battery was 4.18v no load, k100 w/ .5ohm Reomizer was ~3.67, REO w/ .5ohm RM was ~3.05. Not exactly a laboratory environment. He didn't show the coil in the RM or the resistance on a meter, just said it was .5ohm. Which is too low to really get an enjoyable vape anyways, in my opinion, and typically in dangerous territory battery-wise but he said he was using some Sony batts that are rated for 30a.

If his tests are indicative of all REO mods I would think it would be well known among the REOnauts. I would also guess there would be ways of upgrading the contact points.

I'm not concerned by his findings, just curious what the vets think.

rasci2

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2009
Kissimmee, Fl
A couple of days ago I wrapped a .6 ohm coil drilled the air hole to 1/8 and mounted it on the original REOMIZER. I put it on a Mini 2.1 with a 50/50 juice. The amount of vapor rivals any that I've seen in the videos of these exotic sub ohm coils. BTW the original REOMIZER is still in my opinion a great vaping atomizer. I wrapped Teflon tape around the base atomizer threads, slid a small piece of carto condom around the atty into the drip well and get no leakage at all. Still a great backup for the RM2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread