Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
Interesting.

So, how is powdered nicotine and lactose safer than liquid nicotine in a PG, VG or mixed base?

What does the thing taste like?

I have to wonder if a device with no flavor and no vapor to observe on exhale would be more effective than e-cigs.

I like that it's not coming from a pharmaceutical or tobacco company, but from two pulmonary experts.

Elnroth

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2012
Philadelphia
Something about inhaling a powder sounds uncomfortable, but it could be like an advair inhaler. Twist it to load up the dose, take a toot. Also, lactose based inhalers greatly increase your risk to develop thrush, and leave you with a dry throat.

This seems like a decent idea. Just not one I have any interest in.

I'll stick with my delicious flavors. ;)

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
I like that it's not coming from a pharmaceutical or tobacco company, but from two pulmonary experts.
You don't think they will attempt to bring it to market as a pharmaceutical product?

If it is a consumer product, or tobacco product, it is instant fail.
Nobody would want this instead of an electronic cigarette unless it had the Holy Grail Big Pharma stamp of approval.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Considering we already have the "nic in a tampon" style Nicotrol inhaler I fail to see the point or the market. And I most certainly fail to see the appeal.

Regarding the "what the hell is it?" matter they said:

"Nico-Puff’s makers say current regulations would make it difficult to get the device on the market in Canada. Because it contains nicotine, NicoPuff would fall under the Food and Drugs Act in Canada. Its makers would be required to conduct extensive scientific and clinical studies to prove its safety. That could take another three or five years and be very expensive, the group says."

So we won't be seeing this Puppy any time soon.

Maybe we'll see them on an upcoming episode of Shark Tank. I don't see anyone jumping on it though.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
So we won't be seeing this Puppy any time soon.
This would almost be hilarious if it weren't for the fact that I feel sorry for these two guys.
They have obviously wasted a number of years of their lives and careers coming up with one of the most useless ideas ever.

It's too bad that at no point during their research and development efforts they noticed the existence of electronic cigarettes.
Or maybe they did, but it was already too late for them to stop and move on to something else.

Last edited:

tommy2bad

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2011
Kilkenny
They seem to get the idea of a clean nic delivery device but fail to get that it must be desirable. Or that one of the conditions of authorization is that it must be repulsive. Bringing a product to market that is less attractive than an existing product is not a gamble as your gurenteed to loose. never the less I wish them good luck, more alternatives the better. This one is not for me though.

Nacon

ECF Veteran
Sep 8, 2010
Long Island, NY
It's like those Novus Twigs, but with Nicotene. These actually may come in handy. Lol. Why? In a sense they're non combustion analogs. NCA's

If e cigs are banned somewhere these aren't and you don't want a traditional cigarette.. You can enjoy these in Brazil and Singapore.

Now... If you remember the popular Novus Twig review "it tastes like country time lemonade"... I want that flavor.

Last edited:

Kurt

Quantum Vapyre
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2009
Philadelphia
Nicotine is not a solid at room temperature. This is probably nicotine pyruvate, its salt with pyruvic acid. Since it is a powder, it will penetrate deeper into the lungs. There was another similar nic inhaler in the works from Star, who made orbs, a few years ago, but I believe it was a pressurized device with a propellant, not a cigarette thing. If this Nic-o-puff works as advertised, it would give a good hit, with fast absorption like smoking, but there would be no flavor at all. If it is the salt, then there is a good chance it has no carcinogens at all, since a salt can be isolated from them, as well as other trace alkaloids in commercial nic.

The good news here is it is pulmonary docs that created it, supporting the relative safety of nicotine itself. Unfortunately for them, safer or not compared to ecigs, I think they are up against a rising tide of ecig fans, and they didn't foresee this when they started developing this. I don't predict a large interest from the public, if and when it is released, but I could see interest from BP to foot the testing bill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread