Status
Not open for further replies.

mac-nutty

Moved On
Mar 2, 2019
pub
hi
seem to having a bit of trouble with my yihi sx500 chip with fancy coils

i was using a DNA250( now dead)before i got this mod and i could use any ss coil with no issues
,but on this sx i find i get no liquid error on this build its 0.09-0.11 dual ss staircase but not a chunky build

it vapes fine in power mode .coils built and in deck corectly

these coils i use in single coil mod with no errors why the error in dual

Last edited:
Reactions: stols001

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
According to its specs, the SX-500 can accept resistance between 0.05 to 3.0 ohms. One should allow for a margin of error when reaching the limits.

Don’t own a Yihi so I do not know if this is possible, but are you able to view the live resistance? Meaning if the coil is 0.09ohms as read at room temperature, what does the resistance increase to while you vape? Will also assume your initial resistance reading was performed while the coil was at room temp

• Informative
Reactions: mac-nutty

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
@mac-nutty, are you getting rattle snaking?

It's where the power is rapidly increased and decreased, thus causing a sound that's referred to as rattle snaking.

I found a solution by playing around, try tweaking the resistance manually a little. It does take a little time to sort it out though as you have to increase it slowly. Seems as though it's a firmware or software bug that can be worked around.

mac-nutty

Moved On
Mar 2, 2019
pub
@mac-nutty, are you getting rattle snaking?

It's where the power is rapidly increased and decreased, thus causing a sound that's referred to as rattle snaking.

I found a solution by playing around, try tweaking the resistance manually a little. It does take a little time to sort it out though as you have to increase it slowly. Seems as though it's a firmware or software bug that can be worked around.
hi there is no power going to the coils just a onscreen window with no liquid error using this in power mode no issues at all
goon running flat spaced ss @0.11 ohm vapes perfectly
strange

@Punk In Drublic will report back mate

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
t vapes fine in power mode
That about sums it up!
I haven't bought any of their newer stuff, but from the SX450 back, TC hasn't being the strong point! Especially if you're coming from a DNA.
Yihi makes good, solid High End mods! You can forget about TC, it's never going to work as well as a DNA :(

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
This is what I found myself, wattage mode no problems but TC is a little diva like.

When your coils or coil is cold, resample the resistance and then raise the resistance manually to the next round whole number (only consider the first two numbers after the decimal point). Worth a shot just to see what happens.

And I don't suppose that you updated the firmware using the SXi software? It may need it, just to eliminate all that you can.

Reactions: stols001

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
I’m going to disagree about the Yihi chipset not doing TC well. It does equally as well a DNA chip. I know because I have several of both.

Just like when i 1st had to figure out tweaking Escribe and all those crazy settings, the same thing needed to done when learning about the Yihi chip. The DNA chip monitors TC differently than the Yihis. It just a matter of learning each one understanding that.

Neither chips were intuitive for me to learn. Lots of frustration and pulling of hair. I watched every possible tutorial on both and read every post and article.

Now I can use both and know how to get a great vape from each chip. As a poster mentioned there is also a SX Mini software where things can be tweaked. It’s not as robust as Escribe but that’s because many settings can be changed directly on the Yihi device unlike the DNA which needs Escribe to change certain settings.

I learned to use the lowest joules possible otherwise it will cause throttling. Also I only use TCR and adjust if needed for whatever wire I’m using. Obviously always make sure to get the coil temp after it’s not been used for at least 10 minutes. There are also several Yihi profiles like Powerful +, Powerful, Normal etc... that can be used like a boost etc... And lastly there are several Memory Profiles so make sure you’re on the correct M1 or whatever.
672EBD92-85D3-4A1E-B6B8-116DAC66645D.jpeg

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
Hi @Fidola13, thanks for reminding me about the joules setting. I can do that on my mod without thinking about it, but for others it's an unknown.

You set joules as you would watts, so for example 30 watts = 30 joules.

Also wanted to ask you @Fidola13, have you got one of those THC Tauren SOLO's on their way to you?

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
Changing the cold resistance means you are effectively changing the end temperature, not the calculated temperature. If you have a 0.5ohm SS316 coil that was read at 25°C room temp, and the device is set to 230°C using a TCR value of 0.00088, then the device is expecting the coil to rise in resistance by 0.09ohms in order to meet that 230°C.

By increasing the cold resistance, say by 0.1ohms to 0.6ohms, but not changing any of the other values, the device is now expecting the resistance to increase by 0.108ohms in order to meet the same prescribed 230°C from a room temp of 25°C. The difference may not seem like a lot but keep in mind, your initial unaltered resistance is still 0.5ohms. So with the device raising the resistance by applying power to + 0.108ohms from 0.5ohms, your end temperature is now 270°C and not 230°C as prescribed

@mac-nutty – given you are not applying power when receiving the error somewhat leads me to believe there is a conflict with what resistance was set vs what is being read by the device. Unscrew the atomizer, let it sit for a period of time allowing it to reach room temp, screw it back on and force the device to read the resistance again.

mac-nutty

Moved On
Mar 2, 2019
pub
well,,
all is well in the yihi TC world here
changed the ohms relocked at cold to 0.11 and working good
@Eskie

i was dna only for a long long Time
are dna better hmmm i would say yes but others i give to test their rda on say its no different
tbh im a dna fan boy but there were no dnaC mods that were good out at the time of buying (tbh)

it very close if it's not onpar

Last edited:

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
I’m going to disagree about the Yihi chipset not doing TC well. It does equally as well a DNA chip. I know because I have several of both.
Yours might work fine on simple wire builds and 40W, the OP is looking for TC on a complex coil with the YiHi chipset. It is my experience as well that YiHi doesn't even come close to DNA quality in regards to temperature control, it can barely keep up with Arctic Fox on a WeeLEaf/Wismec/Joyetech mod.

mac-nutty

Moved On
Mar 2, 2019
pub
Yours might work fine on simple wire builds and 40W, the OP is looking for TC on a complex coil with the YiHi chipset. It is my experience as well that YiHi doesn't even come close to DNA quality in regards to temperature control, it can barely keep up with Arctic Fox on a WeeLEaf/Wismec/Joyetech mod.
lol i have or have had all of the above

i have to disagree mate

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
Hi @Fidola13, thanks for reminding me about the joules setting. I can do that on my mod without thinking about it, but for others it's an unknown.

You set joules as you would watts, so for example 30 watts = 30 joules.

Also wanted to ask you @Fidola13, have you got one of those ... Tauren SOLO's on their way to you?

For sure- it was unknown to me too. You really have to be a tinkerer to get some of these devices to your liking probably why Replay is so popular. Honestly don’t blame them. I just don’t like any of the Replay themes I’ve seen so I’ve kept all my 75Cs with DJLs original theme. I know he has a modified but the colors and other stuff are different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread