Yihi SX130 chip freakout?

Status
Not open for further replies.

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
Hi folks. Have what may seem like a strange issue here.

I have an IPV Mini (original 30w) and Sigelli mini 30 that I believe both use the Yihi SX130chip.

Anyways, they are my daily carry devices. I have Efest 20A batteries in both (don't really sub-ohm), and got them around the same time, probably early Jan.

I rotate them, charging one while I use the other. Have never taken the batteries of either one since I got them or to charge them.

Today, when I replaced my ST coil, with a rebuild, it woudn't register, got the same resisitence with or without a coil. Figuring it was my rebuilt coil (even though I test them before wicking them), I replaced it and finally went to a factory coil with the same result.

After trying three coils with 3 different ST base pieces, I got the same result. Was extremely puzzled and frustrated.

Finally, I put it on my HB DNA40, registered my build resistance of 1ohm and worked great?

I pulled the batteries out of the other two devices and just let them sit.

About 6 hours later, I put the batteries back in and they worked fine. At first I though maybe juice leaked into them and shorted them out (after ruling out my coils), but both at the same time?

I've been using my IPV mini the rest of the day and it's worked great. The Sigelli appears to work fine too.

Did I just screw up leaving the batteries in so long? Maybe the chip just needed a 'hard reset' after having battery power so long? Has anyone else seen this?

Still just weird they both crashed at the same time.

Any input or ideas would be appreciated. Going to have to rebuild a bunch of coils after today, lol.

Guessing it's probably not a good idea to leave batteries in that long, even with te device powered down. Anybody else ever had anything like this happen? Especially with this Yihi chip?

Thanks

Sam

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
Oh BTW, the Sigelli Mini 30 crushed the 'flat top of my battery as well. I've read where people said you had to use flat tops becuause it was tight, but when I removed the battery from it, the top was very visably crushed down. Still looks safe as the pushed down top isn't touching anything else, but damn, really? It charged up fine on my external charger and is working fine in that device again.

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
I don't know if this is related. I have a couple of Sig 30's, and a Sig 20 tube. I have an intermittent fault with all of them. If I leave them turned on for a long time, several days, something happens to the display. I was doing that sometimes because I had several mods and didn't have to change the batteries so often. After I take a hit on it the display goes from bright to dim, but it takes several seconds instead of going dim immediately. And then it stays lit on dim indefinitely. When it first started happening it would stay lit all night and in the morning the battery would have run down to 2.2V. Turning it off and back on fixes the problem. So does removing and replacing the battery.

Not the same problem you were having, but I suspect there is something about the Sig chips which causes them to misbehave if they are kept powered on for multiple days. Now I turn them off last thing at night and it doesn't happen any more.

I have HE2 flat top batteries. They're a very tight fit in the Sig 30. The only way I found to get them in without forcing them is to install them in line with the mod, meaning pushing both ends down evenly at the same time. It's a bit fiddly to do but easier with practice. If you drop the neg end in then try to push the pos end down it takes a lot of force. I don't think they would be under any pressure while they are in position in the mod so I'm guessing the damage happens during installation.

Monotremata

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Fontana, CA
monotremata.bandcamp.com
Just a thought.. How hard are you tightening down your tanks on the Sigelei? The 510 pin in it floats and when your tank is on, it pushes down the 510 pin to make contact with the battery. I never noticed this before until a couple weeks ago and Ive had my first Sig since they came out in February. I have HE2s, HE4s, and Samsung 25rs and they all fit fine. Once I even forgot about that recommendation to only use flat tops and stuck my one button top 18650 in there while I charged my others and it fit fine. A little snug but nothing too bad. I found it easiest to insert the bottom first and then push the top in. But you have to make sure your attys not screwed down too tight or you could possibly push the spring loaded 510 down too much.

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
You know I never realized that since I rarely remove my batteries for charging, but you are right about the Sigelli.

I checked today and as the pin goes down, it pushes the + post down onto the battery. I've always screwed my ST or ST mini all the way down because it screws down so easily, but as you mentioned, it pushes the positive battery post down and crushes the flat top. Not sure I'm as big a fan of this mod as I used to be and I have a new one I haven't even opened yet.

That said, everything was working fine, went to swap my coil and juice this morning and same problem from both by Sigelli and IVP Mini 30W.

Just got frustrated and finally set up a Nautilus on my old MPV 20W to satisfy my urges.

Really frustrated right now and don't know what to think.

Tried three different ST bases today and even tried a stock coil, same result. Like the coil wasn't even registering. Tried a new battery in case it wasn't making good contact, no dice.

Finally went back to me old school crap so I could just get a vape. Just really weird, almost seems like the batteries or devices, but I tried new batteries, and can't believe both devices would crap out at the same time.

Tried new ST bases in case one of them wasn't making good contact, no dice either.

Guess I'll try throwing the aspire tank on one of them to see if it registers, but the vape sucks compared to my STs.

Almost ready to tank it all and buy new stuff. Have several brand new mods and batteries, maybe I just need to buy a new tank and try with them. I know my OCC builds were good, because I measured them with a quick test fire (only a sec to register ohms), before I wicked them.

Really frustrated right now. These were my daily devices and tanks and now I'm back to my EVODs and a Nautilus because it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread