hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Welcome readers to yet another review by yours truly. Today it is my pleasure to present a review on the Yihi SXmini SX Nano kit that was sent to me for the purpose of providing a fair and honest review by sourcemore. I had looked at the Nano before but wasn’t sure if it was something I would like or not since I’m not really into squonking very much. However, I thought that maybe an auto squonker might be a better fit for me. I normally just use rtas and an occasional rda for flavor testing. Let’s go ahead and move on and I’ll do my best to tell you about the SX Nano and give my opinions on it.

SXMINI-colors.jpg

WHAT’S IN THE BOX?

YIHI-SXMINI-SX-Nano-Kit-package.jpg

PARAMETERS:

Size

87.4*39*17.9mm

Capacity

2ml

Material

PETG

Chipset

YiHi SX681J

Battery capacity

900mAh

Max Charge

5V/1A

Charging time

60 min to full charge

Quiescent current

3 uA

ADA mode supported coils

SX ADA v2 0.6Ω

Color

Black, Blue, Green, Red, Gunmetal

FEATURES:

• 1. Automatic fast and precise e-liquid injection technology
    • 2. Integrated 900mAh battery, YiHi SX681J chipset
    • 3. 2ml e-juice capacity, bottom feed system
    • 4. USB type-c charging, 60 min to full charge
    • 5. Dry hit protection, Auto or Manual e-liquid feed/draw
    • 6. Fresh e-liquid on every hit, leak proof
    • 7. "Electronic Spray Squonk" driver system

2020121636895717.jpg

31etyhi-E-4-L.jpg

INITIAL THOUGHTS:

The SXmini SX Nano came in the standard white box like other SXmini devices I’ve seen before. I only own one other SXmini device which is the SL Class. I never tried one but there was another auto squonk device that they made prior to this. From what I have read and seen this is a marked improvement.

When I opened the box, I very much liked the appearance of the Nano. It is attractive in appearance and has a feeling of quality in the hand. It is about the size of a deck of cards and contains a 900mah battery. I received the green version and it has a chrome looking strip around the outside edge of the body along with chrome buttons which gives it a nice contrast with the colored portion. On the front when opened there is a sticker by the buttons that is labeled power presets on the top button and pump speed on the lower. Above the two buttons is the display screen and the fire button above that nearest to the top. On the back is SXmini in rather large font and a bunch of writing on the bottom which I find unnecessary and wish they had left off. On the bottom is the USB-C charging/upgrade port. On the bottom of the unit is a cut out where the 2ml reservoir bottle slides into the body but enough is left exposed of the clear bottle so that the liquid level is easily visible while in use. The bottle has a max fill line on it. It was easy to fill with no mess when refilling. The bottle has a seal built into it where you push your liquid bottle tip through to fill the bottle. This seal helps to keep liquid from spilling when the bottle is removed. The bottle slides onto a metal rod on the mod that is the pick up tube for the auto pump that sprays the liquid into the atomizer. When I first received the unit there was a rubber plug in the atomizer connector that I saved should I ever need to transport the Nano with the atomizer off it would keep liquid from leaking out.

There are there modes of power Cool, Normal, and Warm. The simplicity of it is nice in my opinion. You just press the power presets button to scroll through them. The pump speed button controls the speed at which the liquid is sprayed into the atomizer. Depending on the power preset selected, the pump speed should be adjusted. The warm setting requires a higher setting on the pump speed than normal or cool. The Nano is turned on by pressing the fire button five times and can be locked or unlocked by pressing the fire button three times. There is also a menu on the Nano that is accessed by pressing the fire button five times. The menu has the following options:

- Shutdown

- Update

- Exit

- Help

- Brightness

Besides the functions I have mentioned, there is one more that has to do with the liquid pump. If you press and hold the pump speed button it will pull liquid back into the 2ml reservoir which is handy if you had the pump speed too high and it is has over saturated the coil. Also, if you press and hold the power button it will spray more liquid into the atomizer if it is too dry. Both functions are indicated on the display.

upload_2021-5-31_16-1-47.png

upload_2021-5-31_16-2-10.png

upload_2021-5-31_16-2-36.png

upload_2021-5-31_16-2-57.png

upload_2021-5-31_16-3-22.png

upload_2021-5-31_16-3-43.png

upload_2021-5-31_16-4-6.png

The atomizer that is included in the kit is fairly small and comes with two different drip tips that thread onto the atomizer. It is called the ADA V2. It uses a new style of coil called a disk coil. The coil sits inside a white insulator that pushes onto two pins on the ADA V2 atomizer base. Those two pins are also how the liquid makes its way to the coil via the electronic spray system. I have found that at some point besides the disk coils that can be purchased for the atomizer, at some point there will be pre wound coils that are already wicked along with paper disks that go on top once the coil is installed for those that prefer to DIY. The software that is in the Nano requires the coil material and resistance to be very close to tolerance for the software to work correctly so it’s not a great idea to try to just put in your own coil.

The outer chamber of the atomizer simply slides down on to the base and then give it a turn and there is a positive lock for the airflow adjustment. There are only two small airflow holes but the atomizer is pretty small itself and I was able to do a pretty loose MTL with it. I guess one might be able to do a very restricted DTL with it but it just didn’t feel right to me. The atomizer comes with two drip tips. I really liked the black delrin one but the tip got rather hot in normal mode after a while so I switched to the stainless tip with the ultem base. Both tips are threaded and screw onto the atomizer.

When you first install a new coil, you have to do a quick press and hold to prime the coil and then there is a wait period and the display will count down to make sure the coil is saturated. This is only necessary when a new coil is installed. Initially I found the flavor very good just like an rda but after running 5-6ml through it over a few days I felt like it wasn’t as quite as flavorful and kind of wished I could dry burn the coil and rewick. I know that this doesn’t sound like a lot of liquid run through the coil but it seems like it lasts a long time to me. I think because the atomizer is so small that it doesn’t take a lot of liquid to produce a good flavor with the .6 ohm 316ss coil. I was able to run this much through before having to recharge the 900mah internal battery.

upload_2021-5-31_16-4-57.png

authentic-sxmini-sx-nano-pod-system-900mah-vape-mod-20ml-sx-ada-v2-tank-atomizer-kit-black-900mah-20.jpg

8lblh3afhxa61-1.png

maxresdefault.jpg

upload_2021-5-31_16-6-59.png

FINAL THOUGHTS:

I would say that I had a very positive experience for my first time trying an auto squonk mod. The SX Nano not only looks good but has a feeling of quality in the hand. I was honestly surprised at how small the mod and the ADA V2 atomizer are in person.

I liked the flavor production very much at first and it did seem to taper off with use. However, I was using a fairly sweet liquid which probably gunked the coil quicker than a less sweet or clearer liquid would have. Even though the 900mah battery doesn’t sound like much, it seemed like a good fit on this mod considering that the reservoir is 2ml and I was able to go through 2-3 tanks of liquid before having to charge the battery. Now for a high volume vaper it might not last all day but it would last me a day of use when not chain vaping.

I found that running the pump speed at 30 when running in normal power mode it seemed to keep up well. This was my preferred mode. I felt that the cool one was too cool and the warm was too warm for me. I like that the reservoir bottle liquid level is visible while installed in the mod and the seal in the bottle seemed to squeegee the liquid off of the metal pick up tube so there was no mess when removing the bottle to refill. I really appreciated that a second reservoir bottle was included with the kit.

So, overall I felt like the SXmini SX Nano was a solid device and delivered on what it was supposed to do. Would I recommend it? Yes I would if you would like the flavor of a squonk with rda without having to manually squonk the bottle yourself. It’s small enough that it could easily go into a pocket or purse and depending on your style of vaping it will last for a daytime outing or even all day if you are a light vaper.

A big thanks to Lilia and Sourcemore for sending the Yihi SXmini SX Nano for the purpose of this review and thanks to the readers. I hope my review has been helpful. Below is a link to the website and remember to log in to your account for the best pricing.

YiHi SXmini SX Nano Kit 900mAh 2ml TC Pod Squonk Kit

CODE: SXNA for $46.99

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Very nice Hitt, I've seen this auto-squonk before and was curious on it's operation, looks like it's thin and would fit in a pocket nicely.

Thanks. It is small and would be great for pocket carry.

Reactions: bigbob2322

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Great review :) love the looks, especially the green color. I hope this unit has better longevity than their other autosquonk did, hopefully they worked the bugs out.

I hadn’t heard. Was there high failure rate? I’m going to order some coils when I find them so I can keep using it.

Reactions: YoursTruli

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I don't know about a high failure rate but I read a number of postings of the auto squonk part failing.

Thanks for letting me know. I’ll try to use this one as long as I can and report back if it fails.

Reactions: YoursTruli
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread