Yikes....have you become a "Verified Member"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

inter_ceptor00

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2011
Minor Details
if you have an already verified paypal account it takes literally about 1 minute to login to paypal and become a verified member. If you dont have a verified paypal account though it might be harder, IDK, I have paypal and it took me no time at all to become "verified". And you need to be verified to use the classifieds I think, in case you planned on doing that.

dysfoundation

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2010
Santa Clarita, CA
if you have an already verified paypal account it takes literally about 1 minute to login to paypal and become a verified member. If you dont have a verified paypal account though it might be harder, IDK, I have paypal and it took me no time at all to become "verified". And you need to be verified to use the classifieds I think, in case you planned on doing that.

Exactly this, took 2min to become verified with a verified PayPal acc

RayBans

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2012
Southern California
I'm still confused, if you are a "seller" then being verified makes sense to me. If you are looking to buy something (what the seller wants) why would you limit the buyers access to what the sellers are selling??? That is a whole nother process handled by paypal, ebay, etc...
I've been into internet marketing since 1999. Never seen a forum do this before.
Hey we all learn new things every day ;)
BTW I am not a seller, yet...

ambeck22

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2012
I'm still confused, if you are a "seller" then being verified makes sense to me. If you are looking to buy something (what the seller wants) why would you limit the buyers access to what the sellers are selling??? That is a whole nother process handled by paypal, ebay, etc...
I've been into internet marketing since 1999. Never seen a forum do this before.
Hey we all learn new things every day ;)
BTW I am not a seller, yet...

To reduce/cut out fraud.

RayBans

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2012
Southern California
To reduce/cut out fraud.
Thanks ambeck22, I'm still not clear how limiting the buyers access to the seller eliminates fraud. Unless we are going way back and taking someones promise to pay. Again, as a seller you get your payment through the net. Verify the sellers, YES!
Verify the buyers, WHY? Unless e-cigarette-forum.com is having issues with their buyers. Still really confused. Verify the sellers YES!
The buyers WHY???

inter_ceptor00

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2011
Minor Details
Not sure exactly why for the buyers but maybe because ECF doesnt differentiate between the buyers/sellers. A buyer today becomes a seller tomorrow. also, maybe a buyer buys something off the classies, pays thru some online method , waits for shipping confirm, then cancels payment? only real thing I can think off why buyers also need verification.

CES

optimistic cynic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2010
Birmingham, Al
it's just a way to make sure you're who you say you are Suszie. You don't have to provide your PP logon info or sign in to PP, just the email so that j0ker can see that the email that you used to register with ECF is linked to a verified PP account (And once you're verified here i suspect that you can delete the banking info from your paypal account).You could also use an ebay account, or get 3 verified members to vouch for you.

It is only for the classified section, apparently there were a number of cases of fraud.... but I think that if you're not going to use the classifieds then there's no need to get verified ATM...

susie22321

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2010
St. Clair Shores, MI
www.smokestik.com
Well, for one, my ECF membership and my PP account are not linked to the same email addy. I won't sign up for Pinterest using my Facebook account sign-in either. Too much info going to
too many people/sites and very likely is potentially dangerous personally. JMHO!

OTOH, it's not likely I'll ever be buying anything from classified ads, so I'll just hang loose, lol, and be "unverified" :ohmy:

Allazar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2011
Austin
Well, for one, my ECF membership and my PP account are not linked to the same email addy. I won't sign up for Pinterest using my Facebook account sign-in either. Too much info going to
too many people/sites and very likely is potentially dangerous personally. JMHO!

OTOH, it's not likely I'll ever be buying anything from classified ads, so I'll just hang loose, lol, and be "unverified" :ohmy:

That is more or less my opinion on the topic as well susie. :)

I have been on the forums since July and have never really seen the need to buy in the classifieds... so I do not see how it will truly affect me. It simply is not safe to have too much information readily available about yourself out on the net. People call me paranoid about such things, but since I work in IT I understand the risks better than most, and the number and ease of data breaches in many cases. The internet is a far more dangerous place than most realize. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread