Yo, are you looking for Tobacco...psst, over here..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
I have said that there is no REAL tobacco juice. I've said you'll never find one that tastes like a cigarette. But I do have a vendor I go to when I want to splurge on a tobacco juice. They aren't cheap. Good tobacco juices are never cheap in my experience. Cheap tobacco juices taste like sweet and sour green tea to me. GOOD tobacco juices taste like mmmm mm good tobacco juice. :p Any vanilla/caramel tobacco is awesome. (RY4) Even the cheapest RY4s are awesome usually, in my experience. If anyone is hard-up looking for a goodun you can always PM me. I don't share it on the open forum. ;D

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
I have said that there is no REAL tobacco juice. I've said you'll never find one that tastes like a cigarette. But I do have a vendor I go to when I want to splurge on a tobacco juice. They aren't cheap. Good tobacco juices are never cheap in my experience. Cheap tobacco juices taste like sweet and sour green tea to me. GOOD tobacco juices taste like mmmm mm good tobacco juice. :p Any vanilla/caramel tobacco is awesome. (RY4) Even the cheapest RY4s are awesome usually, in my experience. If anyone is hard-up looking for a goodun you can always PM me. I don't share it on the open forum. ;D

Aww come on, just a little hint. I'll tell you mine if you tell me yours!! Nothing wrong with vape a and tell.

White Rabbit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I thought I would chime in with my :2c: and have posted this previously: "Finding that All Day Vape is the Holy Grail of Vaping."

I ended up going to DIY making my own juice and ended up with Double RY4 from The Flavor Apprentice at 15% plus 5% French Vanilla and 5% Caramel all from TFA. If 25% flavoring sounds like a lot, well so be it. That is the mix I ended up with after months of experimentation. I use a juice calculator to get as close to a 50% PG 50% VG mix and have lowered my nic levels to 6 mg. from 18 mg. I actually think I could go to zero nic and may try to soon.

Taste is so subjective that it is very hard to make any recommendations, only what YOU like, and this may very well not be a flavor that others may enjoy. All of that being said, if you want to save money with this hobby, moving to making your own juice, plus RBAs either dripping or tanks is the only way to go, otherwise you are always spending big bucks on commercially made juice plus cartos, or C3s etc.

Best Wishes to All
Wabbit

Ramjet

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2013
USA
joekittock.blogspot.com
I thought I would chime in with my :2c: and have posted this previously: "Finding that All Day Vape is the Holy Grail of Vaping."

I ended up going to DIY making my own juice and ended up with Double RY4 from The Flavor Apprentice at 15% plus 5% French Vanilla and 5% Caramel all from TFA. If 25% flavoring sounds like a lot, well so be it. That is the mix I ended up with after months of experimentation. I use a juice calculator to get as close to a 50% PG 50% VG mix and have lowered my nic levels to 6 mg. from 18 mg. I actually think I could go to zero nic and may try to soon.

Taste is so subjective that it is very hard to make any recommendations, only what YOU like, and this may very well not be a flavor that others may enjoy. All of that being said, if you want to save money with this hobby, moving to making your own juice, plus RBAs either dripping or tanks is the only way to go, otherwise you are always spending big bucks on commercially made juice plus cartos, or C3s etc.

Best Wishes to All
Wabbit
This is a lot of helpful info. Since you became available, can I ask? Since you've gone to the mixing level, what nic mg content so you prefer to start with and why. With 24,36, in other words, what's best for starters.

Thanks and good day to ya

Last edited:

theinlawjosie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2013
The Bluegrass State
I have found that Johnson's Creek Tennessee Cured comes closest to a cigarette for me - there are others I have tried that come VERY close to a cigar or pipe blend. I am positive I will never find a juice that tastes like a Marlboro or Camel, but that suits me just fine. Count me in the camp of people who still have an analog from time to time - I do it because I do still enjoy the flavor and experience of "the real thing" - but only on rare occasions. To each their own! :toast:

dwc2134

ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Charlotte, NC, USA
man, if you started off on Luckys, well, first of all, you must be older than me! :p

but we tend to romanticize the past. where and with who did you have your first smoke? (i think i coughed on my first Lucky, and that was a few years after i started smoking! :lol: (who were you trying to impress? :laugh:)

though eventually, i found some nice, stale Phillip Morris "Commanders" to smoke. :vapor:

Nope, I'm a few months shy of 21. I started smoking at 12, my older sister had a pack of luckies hidden in her dresser (god knows why she had them, even at her worst she never was a "true smoker", just a "social smoker") and I stole one, hid out on the balcony to smoke it. The rest is, as they say, history. No one knew. Hell, no one at all (except the older kids I'd get them from), knew I smoked until I was 14.

I've worked in kitchens since I was 14, and I've always been called an "old man smoker" because my preference was for luckies, Pall Mall unfiltered and, when I had to because I couldn't get the other two, Camel unfiltereds. I have probably smoked more unfiltered or handrolled cigarettes in my life then I have filtered.

Sambuca

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
Albuquerque
Nope, I'm a few months shy of 21. I started smoking at 12, my older sister had a pack of luckies hidden in her dresser (god knows why she had them, even at her worst she never was a "true smoker", just a "social smoker") and I stole one, hid out on the balcony to smoke it. The rest is, as they say, history. No one knew. Hell, no one at all (except the older kids I'd get them from), knew I smoked until I was 14.

I've worked in kitchens since I was 14, and I've always been called an "old man smoker" because my preference was for luckies, Pall Mall unfiltered and, when I had to because I couldn't get the other two, Camel unfiltereds. I have probably smoked more unfiltered or handrolled cigarettes in my life then I have filtered.

best thing about unfiltered is when someone asks if they can bum a smoke off ya:

"dude, got a cigarette?"

"ah, sure. here"

"uh, what's that?"

"it's a cigarette"

ya, but...i'll pass..."

Ramjet

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2013
USA
joekittock.blogspot.com
Ya, over here, in the corner, ya, down here, way down, yup get real way down low - ITS A LIQUID YOU :censored::evil: Your...not...going...to...find...that:confused: IT DOES NOT COMPUTE - I know, it's hard to believe, but save your money, because that won't get it either. .5, .25, 1., and even $2 dollars a ml, will...not...get...you...tobacco that you crave:p. It's hard to believe, harder still to accept. It just does not exist8-o.

There. I finally got that off my mind. Would somebody please pick up around here:smokie:.

Oh ya, don't give up vaping. You will get use to this. Sorta like changing from lucky stricks, to say, ultra lights. No matter, this is very good for you:pop:

Disclaimer!!!
The following was discovered after the above was posted -
Devil Dog is made out of two types of Virginias, Burleys, a generous amount of Latakia, and a touch of Perique for a very satisfying bold blend. Welcome to Ahlusion
10-04-2013, 01:42 PM #2101
Ramjet
Hmmm...I think...I can
Supporting Member

That Devil Dog tastes just like a dirty rotten little cigarette...wow, what's not to love about that?!? It took me almost 4 months to find this. Patiently waiting - hello, elevator music please!
Mr.Mann, Bukket5, bryaninaustin and 3 others like this.
Reply Reply With Quote Blog this Post

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
I actually made a test batch of juice using Cappuccino with a tad bit of RY4, tasted like a Camel straight. Actually after 5 months of vapping and analog free, I discovered I didn't like that taste any more. Fortunately I only made a 10ml test batch so only had to vape 2 tankful's of it. I mean it was a really good vape, thick, flavorful. lots of clouds. but it tasted like a nasty cigarette. lmao. Next test batch used some black honey tobacco extract and no RY4 with the Cappuccino, ahh, now that's a tasty vape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread