York County, PA, to ban e-cigs in public housing

Status
Not open for further replies.

JD4x4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2012
Maryland
I think the post above yours is probably the best.
There are others I think, but there are some questions about them.
Thanks for pointing that out to me, DC2. That's a great resource to send brain-dead legislators.

bryansthl - It might be a good idea to edit your post and put a bit of descriptive text about the link. As you can see, I totally missed it & I'm betting I'm not the only one. Might be a good idea to make a post about it in the Technical Research forum as well?

rookbartley989

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2012
SoCal
I am going to get flamed to no end for this, but believe me when I say I have nothing against the poor, I am often $5 away myself. That said, I once installed some security cameras in a project...low income/no income housing...and the one thing I noticed was half the tenants coming and going in lowered Escalades sitting on 22" chrome rims with $1000 sound systems. This is the middle of the day when people, like myself, are working hard to scrap together a living. I IMHO feel that while taking away rights is never acceptable, if you can't afford rent, where the hell is all the money to smoke and vape coming from!

Ron -

*Flame On!

durgidog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2012
memphis, tn
www.thomasin.com
Ron, I understand your frustration, but I don't think taking away basic rights will solve the problem. Many of us here would be on analogues if we couldn't vape, we know how hard it can be to quit. Do you really want to see drug dealers and pimps with guns riding around town in the throes of nic fits? I sure don't!

Last edited:

Vocalek

CASAA Activist
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
My concern is adding to the already too-large number of homeless persons and families. People are in public housing because they can't afford the rent in regular housing. Some of the elderly who smoke are not mobile enough to go outside and away from the building. When they are kicked out, they can't afford to move somewhere else. Are they supposed to live in a refrigerator carton under a bridge? What if the adult who can't quit and gets kicked out has a family to support?

Think of the children!

bryansthl

ECF Veteran
Jul 18, 2011
PA
bryansthl - It might be a good idea to edit your post and put a bit of descriptive text about the link. As you can see, I totally missed it & I'm betting I'm not the only one. Might be a good idea to make a post about it in the Technical Research forum as well?

I found that link in the General e-cigerett discution forum here a few weeks ago.

Berylanna

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
south Bay Area, California
www.facebook.com
Deadline for written comments is July 5.

CASAA Call to Awareness -- CASAA: York County, PA Call to Awareness!

CASAA's letter in opposition -- CASAA: CASAA to York County Housing Authority: E-cigarettes do not emit smoke!

Letter to the editor written by vaper in York -- In defense of e-cigarettes - The York Daily Record
I'd like to point out that a face-saving way for politicians to publicly change their minds is updated information. The CASAA letter provides this, though it would be neat to find a way to highlight it as new, improved information. One could almost characterize the FDA's 2009 results as very sketchy and preliminary (not to mention mis-reported!)

Sorry I didn't see the call to action in time, dunno how I missed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread