"You can have my e-cig when you pry it from my cold, dead fingers" - The Daily Caller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Got-Ta-Go

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2012
OTP Atlanta, Georgia
"You might think that the anti-smoking fanatics — these people that have regulated and taxed the industry to the point of destruction all over the world — would celebrate. After all, e-cigs are the best-ever replacement for tobacco. Surely this is a cause for celebration!

Nope. Apparently, for our current political culture, the need to spread as much misery as possible is a more important goal for government than getting people to quit tobacco."

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Great piece. No weaseling of waffling on unfounded junk science.... just what is apparent so far:

"...so far as anyone can tell, it is entirely harmless.

It is exactly what the doctor ordered and millions have responded. It is helping people give up the cancer sticks and coffin nails and replacing them with vapors. We are talking about a gigantic improvement over sticks of gum and patches, neither of which address the urge to suck and puff smokey stuff."

2coils

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 29, 2012
New Jersey
Great Find! Thanks for posting! Last Paragraph:

In the end, human progress is made possible only through disobedience, by the flouting of authority, by the tendency on the part of the minority of revolutionaries to smash the status quo and replace it with something better, regardless of what political elites might think.

TomCatt

Da Catt
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2011
Upland, PA
Open those vaporiums and vape dens, and do it right away before the government makes them illegal. In the near future, we might find that places where people can go to safely suck flavored water infused with nicotine are going to be called vape-easies where the middle class can break bad by doing nothing harmful.

Daaang, I've been doing DIY all wrong; didn't realize that PG/VG isn't needed. I should be able to save even more $$ :rolleyes:

VapieDan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2013
Flint, Michigan, United States
I do believe control is a motivating factor however taxation is the main target of the politicians. They learned long ago a proposed general tax institution or increase faces stiff resistance. However a tax can be justified to fight an evil. Also targeting sub groups make it more difficult than taxing the general population. Again a smaller resistance from less people. It's just too bad people vote their selfish motives instead of the good of all. This is what the politicians count on. "I'm in Group C so what do I care about Group A"? Why should you until Group C comes under attack. And it will after they finish off Group A. By the way Group C people enjoy those nummy not good for you foods while you can. That war is just beginning. Taxing it will be good for you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread