Status
Not open for further replies.

Bikenstein

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
The Lab
Mornin everybody. I'd like to say how much I appreciate the people on this site that offer so many suggestions and helpful information.
I could have saved a good bit of time frustration and money by doing more research on this site (only did probably 50 or 60 hours in the last 2 months:). Anyway, to keep it short, with no help from anybody, I found out that all my bad juice mixes and clearo problems and decreasing short periods for battery charges was due to dirty, burnt, gummed up coils. I cleaned about 15 coils, only 2 are bad, and now even my Evod puts out clouds of flavor and vape and seems even better than when new. Do these wicks need to be cleaned when new to perform at their peak? Friday, a friend of mine visited and she was thrilled that the change to a spinner and RY4 with higher nic had made it possible for her to quit her smokes, cold turkey. I tried her new rig with the highly praised vape and almost choked. I took in a good hit and it was like the worst thing I've ever inhaled. It burned my throat, lungs, nose, eyes. It tasted more like when you light the filter end of a cig by mistake but 50 times worse. She was surprised that I couldn't taste any caramel. I think she has slowly gotten used to the flavor a bad coil produces, similar to what I've been doin. I guess taste is SUBJECTIVE:) Today I'm searchin for how to properly clean and maintain a pv.:)

Last edited:

skittles12

Feb 9, 2014
Memphis, TN
A guy I work with has been uSing the same CE4 clearo that came with his ego kit that he bought like 2 months ago....they didn't explain to him that it is disposablethat it needs to be replaced ......I explAined it to him but I guess he didn't want to spend the whole $5 on a new clearo. The other day he told me it doesn't work now. I asked him if he bought a new one, he said no his brother gave him one of his. Whatever, if they think that is a good way to do, it so be it.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    A guy I work with has been uSing the same CE4 clearo that came with his ego kit that he bought like 2 months ago....they didn't explain to him that it is disposablethat it needs to be replaced ......I explAined it to him but I guess he didn't want to spend the whole $5 on a new clearo. The other day he told me it doesn't work now. I asked him if he bought a new one, he said no his brother gave him one of his. Whatever, if they think that is a good way to do, it so be it.

If he's off smokes now, that's pretty cool. Some people just make it work. Some people give up if they don't have VV/VW, awesome eliquid, and an expensive shiny PV.

patkin

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 6, 2012
    Arizona USA
    You are soooo right about taste being subjective. When I read of someone being absolutely crazy in love with a juice that, to me, is horrid, my eyes cross. Initially I wondered if I just got bad batches but it happened too often to be the case. There really is a difference in the taste buds of those preferring tobacco juices (me) and those who like food vapes for instance. It took me a long time to figure that out and I stayed away from tobacco juices due to all the bashing they get. I almost gave up on vaping because I really didn't like the flavors until I decided I had nothing to loose and tried tobacco juice made by a vendor who really knows how to make them. Good luck with your search. You'll find what you're looking for as there's a wealth of info here and so many members ready to help.

Last edited:

Bikenstein

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 9, 2014
    The Lab
    I always try to impress on new vapers how important it is to maintain their equipment (i.e. vaping isn't like cigarettes in that regard). And also that taste is subjective, which is why I think it's smart to recommend sampler packs to new vapers.

I was told when I bought my Evod only that my coil would probably last a couple of weeks, maybe less on the first one. Well, 2 months later they all still work and they even worked before I cleaned them. I thought that as long as they fired, keep usin them. I figured out they need cleaning or else toss them when they gunk up and taste bad or don't perform well. Two months of readin these posts and I didn't get that little bit of info. Like I said, the water was there, I wasn't drinkin it in:)

wv2win

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 10, 2009
    GA by way of WV
    Gross! I can't stand when my coils get gunked and nasty. Plus dry burning gets annoying, and that is why I just use cartomizers. Cigarettes taste so gross. I guess just about any type of e liquid would taste better, even with the gunked coils.

+1 for the suggestion of using a tank-cartomizer over most cleros. So much easier, less hassle, no maintenance, more consistent and better flavor.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread