Not open for further replies.

azzaman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2012
Brisbane, Australia
Thoughts,

I've seen over my time here on ecf the recommendations given to people on the various devices. I was a victim for months until I found my reos. Does anyone see this as well or is it just me?

I understand there are thousands of devices out there. But the latest craze seems to be those crappy pro tanks. Oh and a ego spinner. They aren't much better then the stuff that broke not long after me buying them back in '12.

Would it it be better to save my own sanity and just let these people find a decent vape, or peruse giving recommendations on something that actually works?

Raynman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Marion In USA
Well it depends on what a person wants. Also of course the money they are willing to spend. If a person were to pay $85 to a B&M for an ego kit to start out with. Then buy clearo's at 3 to 5 bux a pop over a year you're looking at $136 to $215 over a year. That is not including if you get another mod. With a Reo and RM2 you're looking at $187 add a hundred feet of kanthal and a box of cotton total cost around 15 bux. Grand total $202 for Reo setup and carefree vaping for a couple of years less the juice cost but you'd have that anyway. I'd just make the suggestion and let the chips fall where they may ...... They'll find their way here anyway if they are looking for the best.

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
Thoughts,

I've seen over my time here on ecf the recommendations given to people on the various devices. I was a victim for months until I found my reos. Does anyone see this as well or is it just me?

I understand there are thousands of devices out there. But the latest craze seems to be those crappy pro tanks. Oh and a ego spinner. They aren't much better then the stuff that broke not long after me buying them back in '12.

Would it it be better to save my own sanity and just let these people find a decent vape, or peruse giving recommendations on something that actually works?

My opinion is the beginning vaper tries to capture that fantastic vape for the least money possible.

Like most things in life vaping is a lesson learned in steps. Will it work first of all. Then how to vape with the least amount of hassle with vape gear. Throw in the always present concern of money spent to achieve your goal.

I think suggesting the REO is always proper to a vaper that is making their way through devices. Some will pass and keep trying the latest PV and accessories. Some will decide to give the REO a try.

I hate to think that to consider a REO one must be frustrated at their vape gear. But I know that is the case for a lot of buyers.

I basically state my reasons for owning/using REO's and let them decide if they want further information.

thinkingaboutit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
mn
You can offer advice is all but for every person that says "buy a Reo", there's another saying "get a Provari". Choice is good.

T

I could happily advise for either based on hardware merits. But, the reo has the untouchable advantage of juice delivery. Between bottom feed and the rm2, it is a perfect match. My provari had too many tank types on it to even remember. I never found a tank that worked perfectly for me, and was fiddle free.

I got close with a few things. The evod was pretty hassle free....but like 1.5ml and not the best vape, etc.

yaypudding

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
North of NYC
I totally agree, I would have saved at least the cost of three reo's with all the clearos and carto's and mods I bought.

I have a couple friends who vape, one with a sid/vivi nova and one with a spinner/ce4. Showed them the Reo and how to build coils, they enjoy the vape but just don't want to get that "into" vaping. I look at them :confused:.

The Reo seems to have an image of being a more advanced user device, especially with the RM2. I know for myself, that I wasn't comfortable wrapping coils until I got a bunch of protank rebuilds under me. So, I can see how it can feel overwhelming for newbies to get into bottom feeding RDA's.

Filthy-Beast

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
Chicago
Well it depends on what a person wants. Also of course the money they are willing to spend. If a person were to pay $85 to a B&M for an ego kit to start out with. Then buy clearo's at 3 to 5 bux a pop over a year you're looking at $136 to $215 over a year. That is not including if you get another mod. With a Reo and RM2 you're looking at $187 add a hundred feet of kanthal and a box of cotton total cost around 15 bux. Grand total $202 for Reo setup and carefree vaping for a couple of years less the juice cost but you'd have that anyway. I'd just make the suggestion and let the chips fall where they may ...... They'll find their way here anyway if they are looking for the best.
Compared to an ego setup it's bit more, since you have to also buy batteries and a charger, then if you take the advice here you'll get a few springs and a ohm meter. so add another $100.

For me that was not the issue. I've seen posts and read about Reos for a long time. At one time it was a choice between Reo, Provari and Darwin, Darwin won.

I had a problem with the hole and the bottle behind it, just seemed strange to me. I also had to get over my love of VW devices. Two things convinced me.:

I found I always stayed in the same wattage range, by investigating rebuildables I came the conclusion that I could match anything. thus an RM2

I'm hard on devices an evic lasted me 3 mths before I had craked the screen and killed it. Thus a REO Grand.

In conclusion they might not take your advice right away, but if they keep reading about Reo's they might eventually give it shot like I did.

johni

Extractor
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2012
Columbia, Missouri
Making gear recommendations without coming off as a fanboy can be a little tricky. If some antagonism starts, I avoid it anymore.

Most people will argue in support of whatever they own in an attempt to justify the purchase in their own mind. Look at any poll on ECF and you'll see a lot of "I've only tried......but it's great!" Then they keep on buying more junk.

I try to make informed opinion statements and stay out of the nonsense. Some will listen, most won't. So be it.

Big Hitter

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2010
Binghamton, NY
There are so many choices and that is great ......

I tend to never suggest the REO to folks online (or any other device for that matter).

But in person if I have the chance to show one to someone and explain the benefits and let them try I always do.
I've said it before and maybe I'm selfish but I really don't believe that everyone deserves to find the REO.
Now days there are dozens of set-ups that can keep people off of stinky cigs.

Most REOnauts are a special with a real appreciation for simple stuff that just works every time.
Not everyone is like that.

There will always be the "Walmart" crowd that will buy 6 coffee makers in their lifetime - that in the end will cost them more than my one good one that I paid a lot for. I don't know if they don't get it (the math) or what but when they are in line at wallmart getting #6 they are still smiling and happy that they found a coffee maker for 20.58

Most of the time they are the same folks saying "I'm not paying 140.00 for that, its just an aluminum box"
(Ya I've heard that at least a dozen time in just the last year) Its almost word for word each time I read it.

No its not just and aluminum box (as we all know) its way more than the sum of its parts.
And they are way more parts than you think just looking at it. And each part has to be made separately and then assembled by hand with care. Rob can correct me but I think if you count each screw, plastic part, tube, bottle, and o-ring there are 21 parts and they didn't just fall together (that is why they don't fall apart).

So in the end me myself ... I don't try to lead most folks anywhere, and don't really care if they drink or dehydrate into dust. Yea - ouch - right ? :( I'm getting old and grumpy.

darkzero

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2013
SoCal
I rarely suggest Reos. I only mention the qualities & benefits why I use Reos & let them decide on their own should they choose to listen. Unfortunately many people will never even consider a Reo. Tube style mods are the "norm". Many people think bottom feeders are plain outright ugly & too different from the rest. Some who think that actually do put that behind them & in most cases "listen" & then realize. Not everyone is willing to try sushi. ;)

pwrstrk02

ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2010
kansas city mo
"If you get yourself a REO it could end for you.
Bought my first REO Grand almost 3 years ago .... Still have it plus 6 more REOs :D
The REO is totally pocket friendly and leak proof. Its like dripping without having to drip, 6ml of juice on board that will never leak on ya."

this is all it took for me to jump in. at this point i was ready to transition, i was becoming frustrated with my (at the time) current set up. if i weren't, i never would of looked twice.

thanks BIG HITTER.

Dturp

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Okc
You've all hit the nail on the head from what I can tell. I have been bugging a friend of mine who I got started vaping to get a REO so he can stop complaining about his mods. He won't do it. He's determined to make the others work. Which is fine but meanwhile I just got two random people who I wasn't trying to peddle a REO to, to go out and buy one this weekend. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread