Status
Not open for further replies.

WillieB69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 4, 2010
Mt. Pleasant, Iowa
I've got a $20 that says this guy goes "SPLAT" either during or shortly after the launch.

This Weekend A Man Will Strap Himself To A Homemade Rocket To 'Prove' The Earth Is Flat

crazyrocketguy.png

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I've got a $20 that says this guy goes "SPLAT" either during or shortly after the launch.

This Weekend A Man Will Strap Himself To A Homemade Rocket To 'Prove' The Earth Is Flat

View attachment 702429

Nothing really new here. Just a Darwinistic Control on the Evolutionary Process.

Because people who Strap themselves to Rockets to find out if the Earth is flat usually Don't live long enough to have Kids who Strap themselves to Rockets to find out if the Earth is flat.

So the "I'm gonna prove the Earth is flat via a Rocket" gene is eventually removed from the Gene Pool.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
How does... launching a rocket that you are strapped to prove that the earth is flat? It proves gravity eventually WINS, AFAIK????

I too want to see the results, I thought everyone tried sailing off the edge of the ocean some time ago. This dude is.... well, yes, I'm hoping he doesn't have kids (merely because he might die) sometimes genetics just edits out a particular gene, and I am GOING TO GUESS that the "flat earth" gene is deeply, deeply recessive.

Although technically, it's just stupidity really, which is not recessive at all. I'd hate to tar this guy's kids with my Stupid Feather Brush though, you just never know....

But, most of all :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: GOOD LUCK!

Anna

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
The Earth DOES look flat from 1800 feet. I've been higher than that and looked out the window like everyone else. ;) He could do that, too (without a rocket). If he succeeds it will just be more proof to him that the Earth is indeed flat.

The Earth didn't have that much of a pronounced curvature all those times I flew at 30K feet plus on commercial airliners . He's still chasing Unicorns. Curvature isn't readily apparent until 60K to 100K alititude.

But, if you search YouTube for Flat Earth proof it's there in their opinion. Lots of flat earth videos to watch.

Last edited:
Reactions: petrotech

-KT-

Oct 12, 2017
I think some of those people don't actually believe the Earth is flat. I remember there used to be a "pave the Earth" movement back in the early 90's, for example. They do it ironically and to get attention.

Same thing with fundamentalists and atheists. I think that some on both sides of the debate are there so they can be part of a debate. Not sure if they actually believe what they say.

That being said, I think there are also true believers.

Sent from my R1 HD using Tapatalk

Paul Mohr

Oct 28, 2017
Adrian MI
Like someone else said, I am pretty sure this guy knows the earth isn't flat. He is just looking for publicity for his stunt.

If you want to see some crazy stuff look up "evolution vs creationism" on youtube. There are people that truly believe the earth is 6,000 years old and humans actually lived at the same time dinosaurs did.

As for proving the earth is round you don't need to get to a high altitude to prove it.
Any time you look into the distance and see a horizon that is the curvature of the earth.

This is taken from an article written by David Senesac.
"The Earth has a radius of approximately 3965 miles. Using the Pythagorean theorem, that calculates to an average curvature of 7.98 inches per mile or approximately 8 inches per mile (squared). The distance to the horizon in miles from height of an observer is approximately equal to 1.23 times the square root of the height in feet. For example 1.23 times the square root of 8 divided by 12 equals 1 mile."

"Lake Tahoe is 12 miles wide and 22 miles long. For a person's eyes at a height of 5 feet above the water on the south shore, a streetlight at night on the north shore needs to be up on a nearby hill at least 370 feet above the shore, else it is below the horizon."

"
In the real world there are however atmospheric effects of mainly ray refraction that tend to cause objects beyond the theoretical horizon to sometimes be visible. Thus the visible setting sun is usually a little below the theoretical horizon. In like manner, the effect is to increase the apparent height of distant peaks. Some approximate heights and distance in the below table:. ...David Senesac

Distance Height
Miles Feet

--------------------------
1.0 0.67
1.23 1.0
3.0 5.95
3.9 10
6.0 23.8

10 66
12.3 100
20 264
30 595
39 1000

40 1060
50 1650
60 2380
70 3240
87 5000

100 6610
110 8000
120 9520
123 10000
129 11000

135 12000
140 13000
146 14000
148 14496

David Senesac Photography"

-KT-

Oct 12, 2017
LOL,

Entire wars are launched via deception and misinformation.

This guy was literally the father of both propaganda and public relations. Women now smoke because of him, for example.

Propaganda by Edward Bernays (1928)

His uncle was Sigmund Freud. He learned from him how to market cigarettes to women.

This sort of manipulation works both ways:

1) The truth is obscured via propaganda (and marketing), and;

2) Lies become reality.

Example - we got into the Vietnam War because of something that never happened. The Gulf of Tonkin never happened.

Ah, this still happens. . .

"Weapons of mass destruction."

People will believe large lies more readily than small lies.

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
For all of the deceived masses that have been fooled by the Illuminati conspirators over the centuries, the earth is actually flat, it is a great plane supported by pillars and covered by the firmament, which is a dome. The sun, moon, and stars are illuminaries moving on a great clockwork. This deception has been carried out on a massive scale, with the help of the Illuminati and the Free Masons, both of which are Satan worshiping cults, in the effort to confuse mankind into believing the greatest lie ever told, that we are are living on a ball, flying through space at millions of miles an hour and circling a nuclear furnace ball sun. Utter nonesence. If the earth was spinning and surrounded by a vacuum, we would all be thrown off the face of the ball, and the vacuum would have long since sucked away our atmosphere, because there is nothing stronger than a vacuum, nature abhors a vacuum, so our ball earth would have been sucked up into it and dispersed evenly into "space".

"Gravity " is a still unproven " theory"...

NASA was founded by a lot of NAZI scientists brought into our country under " Operation Paperclip" in secret, and yes, you can google Operation Paperclip and this is a well documented fact. These NAZi scientists have infiltrated our sciences and government and are the actual rulers behind the curtain... Why does NASA have a forked tongue in its logo??? And why is NASA an anagram for Satan ( the forked tongue is the T)

Archaeology is the second biggest lie ever, all of the ancient ruins were actually made of wood, and concrete, just like we do it today. When the great flood was unleashed upon the earth, after an apocalypse which destroyed the ancient builders, all of the remnants of their structures and technology sat under miles deep waters, being crushed by immense weight, and with time, the materials present reverted to their natural state and were replaced by minerals present in dispersion in the waters...just like petrified forests and fossils. The great machines that they used to build their society were rusted away and only imprints were left in the rocky sediment and mud rock that remained after an eternity being submerged.

The next great apocalypse will be by fire and brimstone, and this will be the end of all things...until the next chapter.

Oh yeah, you still believe that three buildings collapsed at free fall speed into their own footprint in never before seen unprecedented and never duplicated fashion really happened because of some lunatics with box cutters directed by a guy half way around the globe in a cave on dialasys told them to is reality...WAKE UP!!!!

Last edited:

-KT-

Oct 12, 2017
I agree that relatively small groups of people in positions of power run things. I tend to lean towards science when it comes to explaining natural phenomena, however.

The general way that large masses of people are controlled is via propaganda. That is why for example, that China has "The Great Firewall." In China, you simply can't access certain outside news. They also don't have the same social media we have.

Censorship of Facebook - Wikipedia

North Korea, same. Iran, same. Etc., etc.

Those countries could easily slip into revolution again if the people were ignited by the right kind of fervor. No country has enough military and police to stop a mass uprising.

That is why they use media to control minds. It is much easier than guns.

Sun Tzu said "battles are won in the temples."

In countries where there is little outright censorship, media conglomerates operate the large newspapers and cable stations. These conglomerates are essentially arms of the governing corporate/government system.

Social media would seem to be an exception. Unless you have a viewpoint that falls outside of the right/left political split. Actually, that isn't true. Far left viewpoints are OK. Far right viewpoints are not.

The far left works basically as controlled opposition to the existing system. It's also a kind of honeypot for people who might otherwise achieve actual revolutionary change. The system uses the left and the far left as what are called "useful idiots."

The system itself is actually "center/right," but it likes to appear center/left. That is why it opposes the far right.

We live in what is called a "Centaur State." It looks liberal if you have wealth. It looks essentially fascist if you do not have wealth.

Loïc Wacquant: The punitive regulation of poverty in the neoliberal age

Also - liberal and conservative have switched over the last 50 years. People forget it was the Republicans who pushed through the Civil Rights Acts in the mid-1960s. They were the liberals. The Democratic party was controlled by Southern Democrats who did not want change.

Abraham Lincoln was a Republican, for example. The Democrats originally stood for "power of the people." But that can lead to tyranny of the masses. The Republicans originally stood for central government and were antimajoritarian.

The real split in this country isn't even left vs right. It's coastal elites vs people who live inland and in the South. If you look at a map of where this country has the most poverty, it will literally be the same states that lost the Civil War.

We have great wounds to heal. My family has been here since we achieved freedom from Great Britain. Our current enemy is our own division.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread