Status
Not open for further replies.

Beans

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Missoula Montana
For 3 months now I have been coveting, dreaming and scheaming to get my hands on a Provari. My husband who does not at all appreciate my vaping and CC abuse has decided that I have been such a good girl and haven't smoked one single cigarette for so long now that I deserve to get a super duper special wedding anniversary gift. Yeah me all that subliminal messaging, brainwashing and VooDoo has finally paid off. :rickroll::rickroll::rickroll: Well now because of you I don't think I even want that Provari anymore. A Red and Black Reo is now my new hearts desire. IDK.My question is should I choose the Reo over the Provari? Is it really the superior choice? Oh please help me decide. And can I even find one in time to buy? I must nave it soon. Thanks all

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
For 3 months now I have been coveting, dreaming and scheaming to get my hands on a Provari. My husband who does not at all appreciate my vaping and CC abuse has decided that I have been such a good girl and haven't smoked one single cigarette for so long now that I deserve to get a super duper special wedding anniversary gift. Yeah me all that subliminal messaging, brainwashing and VooDoo has finally paid off. :rickroll::rickroll::rickroll: Well now because of you I don't think I even want that Provari anymore. A Red and Black Reo is now my new hearts desire. IDK.My question is should I choose the Reo over the Provari? Is it really the superior choice? Oh please help me decide. And can I even find one in time to buy? I must nave it soon. Thanks all

REO Mini's are going to be available on site in about one minute.

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
www.facebook.com
Awe but I must have a Reo Grand. I am a very heavy Vapor. Sigh......

There is a lot of information here. Lots of people asked questions and plenty of replies. Take the time to read. Comes down to what you want in a PV.
I wanted juice that would last over a day, battery that would last all day, and something that would be reliable, and stand up to years of wear.

The REO Grand is all mechanical, no wires, aircraft grade aluminum.
Customer service is outstanding. Direct contact with Rob, the designer and builder.

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
www.facebook.com
Good good good, same Friday night thing? I have 4 weddings next week.

Yes, 7 p.m. Eastern time. Make sure you register on the site before the sale time. Just be on the website a little before 7:00 sign in. When it gets a few minutes before 7 he will take the site offline to load the products. Don't be afraid, you will see the sign in and it will say down for stock updating. Keep trying to logon. As soon as he is done you will be able to see the site. Go to the REO of your choice, put it in the basket. The site may run really slow, it may take a few seconds to see that the REO is in your basket. Go directly to checkout. If you get to the second or third step and it says the REO you chose is not available, then go back and chose another and checkout again. I know it is frusterating, if your first choice disappears from your basket. But that is what happens sometimes. Keep trying and good luck!

Apocalypse*Meow

ECF Veteran
May 30, 2011
Seattle
I can attest to the fact that the Reo is idiot proof, haha. I think the red is luscious and amazing- I wouldn't have specifically chosen it myself since the pics on the Reosmods site makes it look all orangey and bleh, but got one in the classifieds... and it's the perfect almost-burgundy red gorgeousness. Love it! Also tough. I dunno about the Provari but the Reo is absolutely awesome. The only non-irritating PV I've tried, that's for sure, and is brilliant in it's simplicity and hits beautifully.

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
www.facebook.com
Are there any ever left over after the sales? I probably won't be home till 1 or 2 am. I've got a huge wedding that day.

Rob has been putting up a lot of them recently and there have been some available over 24 hours later. You should have a good chance if he puts up a good quantity.

netbususer

ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2011
North Texas
I'm in the same boat as you, actually... just in a backwards order. :p my first (and only) mod was the Buzz. I fell in love with the idea of variable voltage and just had to have it! I find that I don't really use the VV much, though. I found that I really like ~4.3 Volts on a standard carto. I wish I could use my atty more, but it's just such a hassle... so I'm about to buy a Reo... My biggest complaint that may possibly prevent me from buying one isn't even the absence VV, but the lack of regulated power. I like to run my batteries until they die... and I like my vape to stay constant throughout!

Going to end up buying a Reo anyways... but I hope in the future they are regulated mods! Now to decide, Mini or Grand? (I almost impulse bought a mini earlier as I don't use too much juice throughout the day and wouldn't mind something small... but I'd hate to lose power during the day and don't want to carry a spare battery around... so I think I'll wait for the Grand next week...)

Sorry for the rant/hijacking your thread! :p

REET_AZ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2011
Arizona
I want to chime in to say how much I adore my REO'S. I have one of all three types (and have been praying to the vaping Gods to help my chances on getting a mini Woodvil). The mini is perfect for me for the day out. Small, vales like a champ, and the battery lasts me till evening. But I do only Vape during commute of about 2 1/2 hours total. Pretty much non stop. The Grand and the Woodvil are my evening vapes. Just really good. I haven't had the desire to buy any other PV since I got these. And that's a good thing :)

FeistyAlice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Near Dallas Texas
I'm in the same boat as you, actually... just in a backwards order. :p my first (and only) mod was the Buzz. I fell in love with the idea of variable voltage and just had to have it! I find that I don't really use the VV much, though. I found that I really like ~4.3 Volts on a standard carto. I wish I could use my atty more, but it's just such a hassle... so I'm about to buy a Reo... My biggest complaint that may possibly prevent me from buying one isn't even the absence VV, but the lack of regulated power. I like to run my batteries until they die... and I like my vape to stay constant throughout!

Going to end up buying a Reo anyways... but I hope in the future they are regulated mods! Now to decide, Mini or Grand? (I almost impulse bought a mini earlier as I don't use too much juice throughout the day and wouldn't mind something small... but I'd hate to lose power during the day and don't want to carry a spare battery around... so I think I'll wait for the Grand next week...)

As long as you use the AW IMR (high drain) batteries you will have simulated regulated power. The IMR batteries don't fall off nearly as fast as the protected Li-ions. I have a bunch of BDL brand high drain batteries, many only a couple of months old, that are going to a good cause (attempting to get all east Texas law enforcement smokers off analogs and into vaping - Mudflaps project). We have been replacing all of our BDL with AW as the AW don't self drain, while stored, as fast as the BDL. The BDL are fine if you don't store them for long and keep them in pretty constant charge/use cycles.

Regulated and/or VV add one other part to the PV that can malfunction. Don't get me wrong... I have a new, black ProVari and a Chrome GGTS/UFS/AVS2 and they are beautiful, well constructed mods but they really can't compete with the simplicity and durability and user friendliness of the REO.

Alice

Beans

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Missoula Montana

Lol, I just got my Infinity 3 weeks ago and was sold on VV also. I guess I don't understand the battery thing. The Reo batteries slowly die through the charge? That stinks, I guess I'll have to buy XX batteries now. I go through 6-8 mls on an average day.

Thanks Alice! :)

Last edited:

FeistyAlice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Near Dallas Texas
Lol, I just got my Infinity 3 weeks ago and was sold on VV also. I guess I don't understand the battery thing. The Reo batteries slowly die through the charge? That stinks, I guess I'll have to buy XX batteries now. I go through 6-8 mls on an average day.

Thanks Alice! :)

http://www.rtdvapor.com/ Great prices, great CS, and super fast and CHEAP shipping.

With high drain batteries you get more consistent power until they suddenly drop right before they hit low cut-off. So your vaping experience won't change much through out use of battery. With protected Li-ion the moment the non-regulated batteries get the first draw they start dropping off pretty quickly. Of course the lower the resistance the atty/carto the faster the drain on the battery.

Because of the larger amount of mAH of the current protected you will get longer use but lowering satisfaction as the battery continuously loses power. With the high drain the fall off of power is much less noticeable but they don't last as long due to today's limitations on mAH they can "pack" into them. Of course, the high drain are much safer chemistry for high drain applications, too. The battery industry is rapidly improving.

The 18650 battery, for the Grand and Woodvile, will give much longer use as they are larger batteries. The 14500 is limited by its much smaller size. Many of us can tell when the high drain are dropping a little below what we like and change them out before they hit low cut-off, especially using very demanding LR atty/carto.

Many people go a whole work day with one 18650. If I'm using only one Mini, for about a 20 hr period, I will go through about four 14500 AW IMR per 6ml of juice using a 1.5 ohm atty. But I and many Reonauts usually have at least two REO and/or REO and Woodvils going at a time.

The 14500 are light weight. A really handy way to carry a couple of batteries are these small cases. You can hook two of them together and carry a couple of 14500 and a spare 3ml bottle in each and an extra atty for just in case, if you go the REO Mini route.

The absolute best thing about a Mini is it's shirt pocket friendliness. It's hitting power is almost as powerful as the Grand. Most often first time REO or Woodvil users are blown away by the hitting power of any REO.

Alice

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread