You dont neeeed it!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Semiretired

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Georgia
Yeah, I have been saved from a few purchases by the dreaded Out of Stock sign that is prevalent in the vendors sites. I absolutely keep a stock in atty's, batts, juice, etc., but upgrades - I procrastinate, then research, then boom - Out of Stock - my bank account is saved again...

Mention a new mod on this site and it happens every time - luckily I am slow to the draw - ...

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla
Yeah, I have been saved from a few purchases by the dreaded Out of Stock sign that is prevalent in the vendors sites. I absolutely keep a stock in atty's, batts, juice, etc., but upgrades - I procrastinate, then research, then boom - Out of Stock - my bank account is saved again...

Mention a new mod on this site and it happens every time - luckily I am slow to the draw - ...

My problem is I shoot first and ask questions later! lol

Andy Thatcher

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2012
Brit in Orlando
I am just over a month in and as my signature denotes not doing well.

In the last 5 week I have bought an Ego C, 2 x 18650 mods and a VV Altoids Box. Not extravagant I know but I keep looking at Buzz's and that new mini Provari well not sure how long after March 15th I will be able to not order one of those and a standard one with an 18650 extension.

Think once that is done and I have sorted out some tank issues I am going to be done for a while other than juice, atty's and cartos'.

I would actually be a fair amount less but the total includes juices and stuff for my wife who has yet to make the transition but we will see.

DerekUrban

ECF Veteran
May 23, 2011
Fort Myers, Florida
I've actually been doing fantastic with the vaping gear lately. Consider I've recently moved to another state, dropping my job for hopes of greener pastures and currently making just about nothing, I've still been good on my nicotine intake. I've gone entirely DIY on my juice, and have managed to get by on an eGo battery, a Riva battery, a 510 batter and a small amount of cartos and Atomizers. Attys are fantastic since they can be cleaned and used over and over and over again for months.

So while I'd like to spend $50-$100 a month on vaping gear, I've made it by quite comfortably with $10-$20 a month, at most. I've definitely saved a ton of money from switching to vaping, analogs would be completely ruining me right now.

Jim Bob

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2011
Kentucky
To play "Vapor's Advocate" here ;)

That sounds awesome unless the FDA decides to wee in our salad and "net orders" can't be made any longer and many of us do not have brick and mortar stores anywhere nearby (assuming the FDA allows those to even operate) I spent SO much $ on smoking I don't mind spending 1/3 to be certain I'm set for at least six months on what I'll use :vapor::toast:

Jammin

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2010
Washington DC
I swear us vapers have an addiction to vape supplies.We troll around looking for the newest or best things that are available.Hundreds of dollars on mods.More juice than you can vape,in every flavor people talk about.OOOOOh I saw a review and I neeeed to get this!!LOOOK!!A new carto tank!!I neeeeeeed that!!OMG!Fat pretty drip tips!How can I live without it???Im as guilty as anyone.I used to buy stuff all the time.The fact is we dont really neeeeeed as much as we purchase.

My Hubs and I have had a rough year.We both had major surgery and with thousands in medical bills and 3 kids that still want to participate in soccer and band and everything else it leaves little for vape supplies.Its okay!I drool over Pink Silver Bullets and New Pink Splash mods.I swear I will die if I dont get them.Realize Im not 5,and get over it.I have a new rule.Wait 2 weeks and see if you die without it.If you still feel you cant survive maybe save up and get one.Usually at the end of 2 weeks Im drooling over something else like the new Buzz VVPV and we start the 2 week wait all over again.

You dont neeeeeed everything.Dont go into CC debt over vaping.Slow down and put alot of thought into your purchases.Give it time.:blush:Then only purchase what you do really NEEEEEED!!:laugh:

I feel pretty lucky because after the first few months, my desire to have everything and a ton of juices kind of died out. I found what I liked, and didn't veer off the beaten path too much. I am glad because if I continued like when I was a newbie, I'd be broke. LOL

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast

Holy Mount Vesuvius, where the Hades have I been? Gotta get one of those...
drool.gif

SuperLuckyLady

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2011
Austin, TX
My advice for cutting down on spending - think about how long it takes you to earn the money you are about to spend, then decide if it is worth it.

I'm also curious - when you smoked, were you the same way? I mean, were you chasing the ideal cigarette, a cool case to carry them, that new kind of lighter, a fancy new ashtray? Or did you just make do?

Striker911

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
Mountain Home, AR
I really need to find my ideal set up. Till then all bets are off. Im broke too but im not smoking any more. Thats all the pay off I need. Well sort of. I get depressed, worried, and ...... of at times but I keep trying.

I also can not buy enough ammo or magazines for my firearms. I still get too low before I ever buy more. Honest, I could start a war with what I call "getting low". Will be picking up some more in the morning. :2cool:

Last edited:

Striker911

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
Mountain Home, AR
I didn't start vaping to save money. When I was smoking my DH asked me, "what are you gonna do when a pack of smokes costs $100"?, My reply was stand on the street corner and give blow jobs. Luckily I found vaping and the street corners are safe!!
No street corner would be safe. :2cool:

Semiretired

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Georgia
I looked at them too long and by the time I talked myself into buying one someone cut in line and got my Redwood Burl. lol Was that you? I've got one coming but it will be next week before I get it.

As I told you before Tex - short procrastination moments, mild pauses, can save you a ton of money - "Out of Stock" can bite at a moments notice - the biggest CC saver I have ever found...

Riverboat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2012
Arizona
I just bought something I really didnt need.....A Kick and two AW IMR 18490 batteries........... Total cost with shipping about $67.... I used it once for 1/2 an hour.... I tried it out, and when I cranked up to max it almost made me sick it was so strong... I could turn it down, but then whats the point? My Precise+ 18650 allready kicks azz when using Joye LR 510 attys and a 18650 battery.......So now it will sit on my desk................. Might sell it with batteries.......

elwcom

Dec 11, 2009
under the bridge
im soooo bad for this, i have PV's in every shape and size and thousands of accessories to give with each, i have a box full of 510 and ego batteries, attys, tank attys and 12 unopened 5pack ce2;s (the crappy ones that always cracked)...i dont even use my 510 anymore, but i figure, one of these days if my (favorite) 901 decides to die i have a back up plan to take me to 2019...ive got soo much stuff i never needed, my 901-t was bought on a whim, but i now realise its perfect for me!!! so sometimes it pays to be greedy.

VinPuff68

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2012
Poconos, PA
I also can not buy enough ammo or magazines for my firearms. I still get too low before I ever buy more. Honest, I could start a war with what I call "getting low". Will be picking up some more in the morning. :2cool:

LOL brother .. You never know what you will find post the zombie invasion.. We need to be prepared.
Some folks may be holding a sign..

" Will trade various caliber AMMO for a charged EgO battery and 24mg E - Juice "...

LMAO..:p

( Umm. I wont be of those people of course..) ;)

- Vin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread