You ever broken your PV? or tank etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scootaloo

ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2012
United Kingdom
Well I guess today I have to say R.I.P Aerotank :(

I came home today and my Kanger Aero tank had fallen on (not off) my desk and had smashed. It’s rather odd, because I know it’s glass but I’ve dropped that thing loads of times and not broken it and it drops a few feet and breaks.

I’ve got my self a temporary PV, which is a sort of generic 510: it’s ok for what it is, lacks vapour and throat hit but sometimes I can get some throat hit from it and it’s something to keep me going so I’m not knocking it.

The temp is so light weight, I’m used to the heavier more bad ... devices. But it looks nice, it’s chrome which is how I like it: I even post this on Google chrome :D

Anyway that’s todays sad story :(

Have you ever broken a PV before?

yzer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
Northern California
I've never broken an APV in two years of vaping but I have broken a glass carto tank. Borosilicate glass used in IBTanked carto tanks is very similar to Pyrex. I dropped the Sigelei Zmax V3 Telescopic with IBTanked on top to a travertine floor. The heavy stainless steel Sigelei suffered only a tiny nick but the glass tube in the tank was totaled. I just ordered a replacement tube for about $5.

Glass can be very unpredictable. Sometimes it will survive surprisingly violent impacts and other time it will shatter with a seemingly light bump. Glass is glass.

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
Had 2 iTaste SVDs break on me.

The first one simply stopped responding to the fire button. Couldn't turn it on, off, or fire it.

The second was my wife's which tipped over on our desk at home. Simply tipping over on the desk was enough to crush the fire button in and it would not stop firing. That one I did manage to get opened enough to somewhat repair the fire button, but the '+' button has now stopped working so we cannot adjust the wattage or voltage anymore.

Other than those two I haven't had a single item break or stop working. (Other than coils)

patkin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2012
Arizona USA
I have a "ton" of vaping hardware and the only thing to ever "break" was one Joye Ego C 1000mah usb passthrough. I dropped it about two feet onto a vinyl floor and after that it wouldn't go into unregulated mode. It still works in regulated (white LED) but not unregulated (orange LED.) To tell the truth, I seldom used unregulated mode so that could have stopped working before I dropped it and just never knew it until after.

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
I've broken a quartz tank and I've ruined two plastic Kayfun nano tanks with tank cracking juices. I've never broken a mod.

Not sure where you're getting your Kayfun Nano tanks but they are supposed to be polypropylene which generally isn't affected by "tank cracking" juices.

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
There are two kind of vapers.....ones that have broken their tanks and those who will. heehee I learned the lesson of having LOTS of backups early on. My condolences to your tank.
priest.gif

CKCalmer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2014
My mancave
I haven't broken my PV (my PV's not A, unfortunately :( ), which is to say, I haven't been vaping long enough to break it.

But just a couple of hours ago, my USB charger came apart in my hand. I reassembled it, holding it together for a moment to test it in order to make sure I hadn't broken a circuit connection on the PCB (I didn't), then I wrapped tape around it to limp it along until the two new ones I just ordered arrive.

I should have long since ordered a backup for that kind of thing, but I guess I figured that with a soldering gun, a box full of tools I use for fixing PCs and small electronics, and a knack for being able to fix almost anything I've ever encountered that I could avoid any OhMyGoodnessICan'tChargeMyBatteriesAnyMore sort of emergencies.

(P.S. - In life, you only really need two tools in your toolbox: WD40 and duct tape. If it moves but shouldn't, duct tape. If it doesn't move but should, WD40.)

Grimwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Lawrence KS
Mine commit suicide on a regular basis. 2 jumped out of my hand onto the hard concrete driveway...I tried to talk them down, but they wouldn't listen. Another dived into a hot cup of coffee. Then there was the one that was helping me put Christmas lights up on the roof...that episode is still just too disturbing to talk about.

Tinkiegrrl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
New York, NY
Broke a couple of generic bottom coil plastic clearos. The plastic would separate from the metal piece that you screw the base onto. My husband broke the glass on two IBTanked carto tanks, but replacement glass is cheap so no big deal. I have ten of them, so waiting for shipping is no issue when one breaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread