You guys set juice rules?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcclintock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Oct 28, 2014
    I sometimes don't buy new when I'm working on a pile. That's about the only rule. There's bottles I'll never finish, others I'll have to see. Some I only use making mixes, but as my selections get better I use mixes less (now I'm using a PG dilute of a drip juice, and experimenting with dilute NET mix). I realized vape shop prices are worthwhile when I can find a great juice (although there's only been a few) compared to buying many bottles I'll never use.

LobsterGoD

ECF Veteran
    Sep 25, 2009
    i usually only have one 30ml bottle of flavored juice on hand at a time, but i mix up 100ml of unflavored every time its time to make a batch, then I just take my 30ml that i will be vaping on for the next couple days and flavor it up. I usually don't have to use more than one bottle this way, but i have a couple more spare bottles if i feel i might be getting tired of what i chose as an adv.

Mapultz

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 6, 2013
    NC
    Vape confessions: I keep 6 clearos full with flavors that I'm trying out, and cartos and Nautiluses (Nautili?) full of flavors that I keep around. Clearos get a coil change every Wednesday and Saturday night.

The clearo coils are cleaned and get new cotton wicks. I keep a spreadsheet of the date I fill up a new carto, because I like to see how long they will last with different flavors.

New juices are put at the back of the line, giving them time to steep. When I finish the bottle of juice from one of the clearos, I clean it and pick a new bottle from the front of the line. If I find a juice I don't want to vape, I either give it to my husband to try, or PIF/sell it.

It makes me twitchy to stop using a bottle of juice in the middle - I need to finish it before I move on.

In real life, I'm not so OCD!

Vicman

ECF Veteran
    Jun 6, 2014
    Chicago
    Hmm, might have a problem here. Looking at my desk, there are 24 bottles of different NET liquids. All 15-30 mil bottles ranging from almost full to almost empty. This really is nothing cause in my vape cabinet upstairs there are well over 50 more bottles the same way. All are different varieties of tobacco blends from different companies. There are days I drip different flavors until I find the one that fits my mood. The problem comes from me thinking I still need to order more :facepalm:

VHRB2014

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 16, 2014
    Nic`d Up in Oklahoma!
    Nope, no rules. Sometimes I`ll sit down with 5 bottles and one dripper. They are all tobacs so they just go from one flavor to the other just fine.

Some times its regulated for days, sometimes its mech mod for days, sometimes I do both in the same day. If I`m bored with something, there is always something different at all times.

Reactions: AndriaD

jaytex1969

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 27, 2015
    Austin, TX
    I have a convoluted system with a shoebox full of opened juices on top of a medium flat rate box full of unopened juices. I've six small (1.5ml) and six large (5ml) clearos aligned on a cardboard mat beside the laptop. I grab 3 or 4 of them each day before work and place them in a small, heavy duty ziplock along with a spare battery in a pill bottle.

No rules, really,but I'm trying to get to less opened at one time.

Jay :headbang:

Completely Average

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 21, 2014
    Suburbs of Dallas
    I mix my own so I have no rules. I do whatever I want whenever I feel like it. I'll even pour one juice into a half tank of something different just to see what the blend is like.

I can't remember the last time I tried a store bought juice. I just have so much trouble paying $10+ for a 30ml bottle when I can make the same bottle for around $0.60 at home, and usually end up with a better flavor because I'm in control of the amount and type of flavoring I use.

LobsterGoD

ECF Veteran
    Sep 25, 2009
    I mix my own so I have no rules. I do whatever I want whenever I feel like it. I'll even pour one juice into a half tank of something different just to see what the blend is like.

I can't remember the last time I tried a store bought juice. I just have so much trouble paying $10+ for a 30ml bottle when I can make the same bottle for around $0.60 at home, and usually end up with a better flavor because I'm in control of the amount and type of flavoring I use.
    Kinda makes you ask yourself why more people don't get into diy, I mean i understand the convenience of getting premixed but once you get your flavor collection up you can mix up just about any combo on the fly.

Puff2K

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 10, 2015
    USA
    I have a number of sample bottles here I may never finish, and some small bottles of Nicoticket in 6 mg which is still too low for me but I'm now incorporating them into my day between tanks of 18 mg liquid from mbv. And some Halo, and my first ever bottles from VaporBeast. :) When I start running low on the 18 mg stuff I'll order more.

Completely Average

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 21, 2014
    Suburbs of Dallas
    Kinda makes you ask yourself why more people don't get into diy, I mean i understand the convenience of getting premixed but once you get your flavor collection up you can mix up just about any combo on the fly.

My wife hated the idea of me getting into DIY when I first brought it up. She just knew I would take over an entire shelf in her pantry with flavorings. As it turned out I already had a good idea of what I do and don't like, so I didn't need a large selection of flavors. About a dozen is all I need to make everything I like. She only vapes pure menthol, so her juice was really easy. Just bought some menthol crystals and made my own concentrate.

She changed her mind about DIY the first time she was about to run out of juice and I whipped out a 250ml bottle for her in about 10 minutes. She asked how much it really cost me to make that bottle and I added it up and came up with less than $3. She said she wished it was just a touch stronger, so I made it just a touch stronger in less than a minute. Got it where she likes it better than what she was buying from the store. From that point forward she's been very supportive of my DIY.

LobsterGoD

ECF Veteran
    Sep 25, 2009
    My wife hated the idea of me getting into DIY when I first brought it up. She just knew I would take over an entire shelf in her pantry with flavorings. As it turned out I already had a good idea of what I do and don't like, so I didn't need a large selection of flavors. About a dozen is all I need to make everything I like. She only vapes pure menthol, so her juice was really easy. Just bought some menthol crystals and made my own concentrate.

She changed her mind about DIY the first time she was about to run out of juice and I whipped out a 250ml bottle for her in about 10 minutes. She asked how much it really cost me to make that bottle and I added it up and came up with less than $3. She said she wished it was just a touch stronger, so I made it just a touch stronger in less than a minute. Got it where she likes it better than what she was buying from the store. From that point forward she's been very supportive of my DIY.
    Yep, i thought the same thing at first and that i would have to buy a huge flavor sampler and it would be expensive keeping all the different flavors stocked up. Then when i thought about it i came to the conclusion that i really only need my custard base flavorings and a few fruity flavors on hand. I still splurge on flavoring every now and then and pick up some stuff i haven't tried.

GrandSam

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 12, 2013
    Oceanside, CA, USA
    DIY is my best friend in the realm of vaping. I mix a couple 60ml bottles, and let them sit. I'll go to a shop and buy a 15ml bottle (that will usually last me 2 weeks). By the time I'm through, the 60ml bottles will have steeped. I don't set rules regarding which juice I will vape...if I want something sweet, I vape something sweet. I want something fruity? Then fruity it is.
    Oh, and I only change my cotton when the coil has gunked up.

Reactions: tvapernow

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 24, 2014
    LawrencevilleGA
    angryvaper.crypticsites.com

You know that saying about having to kiss a lot of frogs, to find your prince? DIY has been a lot like that, for me.... I've experimented with quite a few mixes... most were awful in one way or another. 3 ended up vapable, though the first one also had some pre-made mixed into it, and I haven't vaped it in a while.. the other 2 were full-on from-scratch, and turned out great, but man, I've made a lot of 5ml total fails. I suppose the longer I keep at it, the better I'll get at it, just like with cooking.

Andria

LobsterGoD

ECF Veteran
    Sep 25, 2009
    You know that saying about having to kiss a lot of frogs, to find your prince? DIY has been a lot like that, for me.... I've experimented with quite a few mixes... most were awful in one way or another. 3 ended up vapable, though the first one also had some pre-made mixed into it, and I haven't vaped it in a while.. the other 2 were full-on from-scratch, and turned out great, but man, I've made a lot of 5ml total fails. I suppose the longer I keep at it, the better I'll get at it, just like with cooking.

Andria
    it actually kind of is like cooking, i actually taste my juice as i go by putting a drop on my tongue(if im working out a new mix). Most of the time i'll just follow one of the recipes on here in the TFA mega thread or other recipe threads if i'm feeling lazy.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 24, 2014
    LawrencevilleGA
    angryvaper.crypticsites.com
    it actually kind of is like cooking, i actually taste my juice as i go by putting a drop on my tongue(if im working out a new mix). Most of the time i'll just follow one of the recipes on here in the TFA mega thread or other recipe threads if i'm feeling lazy.

I look at a lot of recipes, but mainly to get ideas; I've found a huge problem in that a lot of recipes call for flavors I don't have, so I try to look at quite a few different ones for a given sort of taste, to see what goes well together, get an idea on relative strengths, etc... then make my own recipe, based on what I do have. Sometimes it works, sometimes not so well, but meanwhile I'm building my collection of flavors, so eventually I can get more ambitious with published recipes.

Andria

Completely Average

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 21, 2014
    Suburbs of Dallas
    I learned by following the KISS method. (Keep It Simple Stupid)

I started by learning the few basic single flavor mixes I like. Dealing with only a single flavor is a lot more forgiving. You simply start a bit on the weak side and add flavor until it's right where you want it. Once you've got that nailed for the basic flavors then move on to double and maybe some triple flavor mixes using the single flavors you already know.

For example, I love peppermint so my first DYI project was nailing down a basic strong peppermint that I really liked. Once I got that where I wanted I decided to add some cream to make a lightly creamy peppermint candy cane flavor. Once I had that where I wanted I added a touch of cherry and then a touch of vanilla. End result was a wonderful cherry peppermint candy, but I learned it in simple steps, each flavor one at a time, not by diving right in to try to get the 4 flavor mix right from the start.

Another thing that helped me was rather than mixing the flavor concentrates I'll often mix finished juices to get the flavors I want. Mix a batch of vanilla, mix a batch of peppermint, mix a batch of cherry, and then combine them rather than the concentrates. That way the PG/VG ratio and nic amounts never change. Now matter how I tweak the flavorings, adding more of this or that, the finished mix is always the same PG/VG and nic level without having to go back to a calculator and remix anything.

Ohm Gnome

Apr 27, 2015
    Douglasville Ga
    I used to only use one flavor per tank and have 6 different tanks going at once. Lately I only use two tanks and I switch coils with flavor. I have to change flavor several times a day or I get vapor tongue. I have 6 ADV flavors and I keep things chaotic. I have 15 different open juice bottles at least. Embrace the chaos. Escape into anarchy

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread