You have insufficient privileges to reply here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's going on here? For a second or two, I thought I was logged into Wikileaks or the CIA?
Why on Earth would a new member have to earn privileges on a vaping site no less? I don't know if I should be insulted by this Fascist arrogance or just laugh at the stupid idea of requiring privileges on a vaping forum.

dom qp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2015
South Central... Ontario
There are many reasons.

You could be trying to reply to a locked thread or posting in an area which requires a small amount of posts. That small threshold is there to weed out bots and advertisers that create an account, post, and disappear: it’s pretty common for online forums.

I don’t know if I should be annoyed by this ignorance or just laugh at the stupidity.

Welcome.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Why on Earth would a new member have to earn privileges on a vaping site no less?
I think the site owner wants to keep the forum from getting out of hand and at the same time help members find like minded souls interested in an answer.
To give you example:
Your question "Why on Earth would a new member have to earn privileges on a vaping site no less?"
I would post the above query in: Site Feedback and Help
Why, I may get a more expertise answer to my question.
Here's a rule to keep new members from repeatedly posting in one forum only:
"70 posts and above:
Members can no longer start new threads in the New Members Forum, but may post in threads started by others."
re: New Members - "How many posts do I need to..."

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    I think the site owner wants to keep the forum from getting out of hand and at the same time help members find like minded souls interested in an answer.
    To give you example:
    Your question "Why on Earth would a new member have to earn privileges on a vaping site no less?"
    "70 posts and above:
    Members can no longer start new threads in the New Members Forum, but may post in threads started by others."
    You should be a moderator here?? What ya think?

chellie

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 24, 2014
    USA
    To give you example:
    "70 posts and above:
    Hey @BrotherBob --- Taught me something. I did not know about the 70 rule. I stopped posting in new members long ago but I do answer others. Just checked and sure enough, there is no post link.

I second the "You should be a mod" :) :)

Happy New Year!

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 22, 2015
    Garland,TX
    What's going on here? For a second or two, I thought I was logged into Wikileaks or the CIA?
    Why on Earth would a new member have to earn privileges on a vaping site no less? I don't know if I should be insulted by this Fascist arrogance or just laugh at the stupid idea of requiring privileges on a vaping forum.
    Did you try to reply to a thread that's been closed since 2012? I've done that several times.:oops::rolleyes:

Nikhforos

ECF Veteran
    Jan 29, 2018
    you-mad-bro.png

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread