Status
Not open for further replies.

damselle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2012
New England
you're driving to work first thing in the morning when all of a sudden a set up that's been working fine for days stops. Changing batteries, once you can dig out a fresh pair without drifting onto the oncoming traffic, doesn't improve the situation. Then you notice the tank is leaking! You put on a new tank, only to find your DNA40 reading word, not watts, and can't read it cause the sun's glaring through the windshield that froze when you tried to wash it with 9 degree F temps....

Then, you remember...ah, yes. Mercury went retrograde today. Of course!

damselle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2012
New England
Mercury Retrograde Explained

How to survive three weeks
weeks of communication and technology breakdowns without having a nervous breakdown.

Ever have a week when nobody understands you? Your cell phone erases itself, people argue over nonsense, traffic sucks, and your computer crashes as you’re typing the last sentence of your Great American Novel. Flights are delayed or cancelled, or you forget your passport at home on the way to Mexico. Plans change without warning and your friends stand you up. Even if you’re already a drama queen, this is just BEYOND.

Chances are, you’re smack in the middle of Mercury retrograde.

What IS Mercury retrograde, really?
Three or four times a year, Mercury passes the earth in its orbit. As it rounds the bend, Mercury slows down and appears to stop (station) and spin backward (retrograde). Of course, it really ISN’T moving backward, but much like two trains or cars passing each other, this creates the optical illusion that one (Mercury, in this case) is going backward.

In astrology, Mercury rules communication, travel, and technology—so all of these areas go haywire for about three weeks

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Mercury Retrograde Explained

How to survive three weeks
weeks of communication and technology breakdowns without having a nervous breakdown.

Ever have a week when nobody understands you? Your cell phone erases itself, people argue over nonsense, traffic sucks, and your computer crashes as you’re typing the last sentence of your Great American Novel. Flights are delayed or cancelled, or you forget your passport at home on the way to Mexico. Plans change without warning and your friends stand you up. Even if you’re already a drama queen, this is just BEYOND.

Chances are, you’re smack in the middle of Mercury retrograde.

What IS Mercury retrograde, really?
Three or four times a year, Mercury passes the earth in its orbit. As it rounds the bend, Mercury slows down and appears to stop (station) and spin backward (retrograde). Of course, it really ISN’T moving backward, but much like two trains or cars passing each other, this creates the optical illusion that one (Mercury, in this case) is going backward.

In astrology, Mercury rules communication, travel, and technology—so all of these areas go haywire for about three weeks

Mercury is also the planet that "rules" the astrological sign of Gemini. If you believe in that sort of thing. I'm not sure if I do or not; I'm a Gemini, and communication truly is my forte... but I'm really really darn close to Taurus... :eek:

Andria

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
I'm a Capricorn. Our defining characteristic is that we don't believe in astrology.

:w00t:

I can't say I really "believe in it" either; certainly not for any guidelines on how to live. But those character definitions are eerily close to the mark. I always read that one can find best happiness in a mate if the mate is directly opposite one on the zodiac -- and my husband of 28+ yrs is a sagittarius who is also very close to being on the cusp of scorpio -- pretty much straight across the zodiac from me. And my parents, too -- my mom is a June Gemini (I'm in May, very close to the cusp of Taurus)... and my stepfather, her husband of nearly 45 yrs, is a capricorn -- directly across the zodiac from her.

Believe in it? Nah, not really. But that sure is interesting! :)

Andria

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
you're driving to work first thing in the morning when all of a sudden a set up that's been working fine for days stops. Changing batteries, once you can dig out a fresh pair without drifting onto the oncoming traffic, doesn't improve the situation. Then you notice the tank is leaking! You put on a new tank, only to find your DNA40 reading word, not watts, and can't read it cause the sun's glaring through the windshield that froze when you tried to wash it with 9 degree F temps....

Up here in the Great White North, when the mercury goes retrograde, everyone who can takes the day off and stays in their igloo.

:)

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
MERCURY IN RETROGRADE EXPLAINED (IN HUMOROUS VIDEO FORM) FOR THOSE OF US VAPERS WHOM WOULD RATHER WATCH, THAN READ, AN EXPLANATION:

I suggest you REFRAIN from tying your shoes while filling-up a new tank, as-long as mercury is in retrograde.. I'm sure all of my OG Vapers can understand why... lol... Just don't do it today! :p

Reactions: Bad Ninja

KrusZty

Jan 6, 2016

Yes it Iz , so finish all projectz your in the middle of , Don't start any New projectz , Mercury representz mental energy, intellect, and communication, So slow down , think first before you speak, that'z were vaping can help,
take a few vapes while thinking of what to say.. I believe in positive power of the mind and body , so keep a clear mind , slow down , take time to finish up your DIY liquidz by letting them steep and enjoy vaping...

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
I played with mercury many moons ago, does that count as retro?[/QUOTE
I can't say I really "believe in it" either; certainly not for any guidelines on how to live. But those character definitions are eerily close to the mark. I always read that one can find best happiness in a mate if the mate is directly opposite one on the zodiac -- and my husband of 28+ yrs is a sagittarius who is also very close to being on the cusp of scorpio -- pretty much straight across the zodiac from me. And my parents, too -- my mom is a June Gemini (I'm in May, very close to the cusp of Taurus)... and my stepfather, her husband of nearly 45 yrs, is a capricorn -- directly across the zodiac from her.

Believe in it? Nah, not really. But that sure is interesting! :)

Andria
orrrr... find someone with your same birthday 4 yrs different ( up or down)

Reactions: KrusZty
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread