You might be trailer trash if............

Status
Not open for further replies.

zerominusone

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2011
in your house
My gf asked me if I wanted her to make me a fried bologna sandwich for lunch today. Yeah, just one but she puts three pieces of bologna on it and mustard and onions so one's all ya need. I said 'no' and then she said, "I'll burn it". "Hell yeah!" Fried bologna is GOOD just a little burnt.
Years ago a I was drunk and went to a friends house and he was drunk and was cooking SPAM
outside on the grill. That smelled better than it tasted.
Want a really EASY but good one? Try slicing up some italian sausage links into some drained Ramen noodles (pork flavor's best). Cheap/Southern/Good.

Last edited by a moderator:

MrsCasey

Pink Spot Fanatic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2011
Long Beach, CA
Favorite trailer trash food, Spaghettios with Franks! Yes, I know that a majority of people like the meatballs but I loves the franks! Well at least I think there are more meatball fans. We could do a poll! :lol:

Interesting Spam fact, they sell Spam breakfast sandwiches at McDonalds in Hawaii. No, I didn't try one. :nah:

Allazar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2011
Austin
Hot Dogs mixed with Wolf Chili (canned) topped with cheese.

Great comfort food most would call trailer trash.

Other items that are good variants of previously listed items....

1. Peanut Butter mixed together with honey. whip it together then spread on the sandwich.... it's great!
2. Fried bologna is hard to beat... slice it thin, fry it, and add lettuce cheese and bacon....Yummy!!! (some would add tomato slices but I do not like tomatoes)
3. Grilled cheese heavy on the butter is really hard to beat as well...

Darn.... Now I am going to have to stop at the store on the way home for some of the food I ate growing up! :laugh:

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
Favorite trailer trash food, Spaghettios with Franks! Yes, I know that a majority of people like the meatballs but I loves the franks! Well at least I think there are more meatball fans. We could do a poll! :lol:

Interesting Spam fact, they sell Spam breakfast sandwiches at McDonalds in Hawaii. No, I didn't try one. :nah:

for some reason Spam is THE thing to eat in Hawaii. I used to have a Hawaiin boyfriend. When everyone else would bring in donuts on Mondays...he would bring a platter full of Spam sushi......it was actually pretty good....LOL

Pepe Le Vapse

ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2011
St Louis MO
And we cant forget

Pig in a blanket
Canned biscuits
hot dogs -cut in half
Cheddar cheese
Chilli
Mac and sheese
slit hot dogs and place cheddar slices in slit
Wrap and bake as directed
prepare mac and cheese,
add chilli
mix all together in a bowl
cover pig in blanket with chilli mac mixture
Grab a large glass of milk
Enjoy

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
OMG.....I'm clutching my chest just reading that....but I swear.....I think I have to try it. What kind of chili?

Darling daughter will be here tomorrow with her new boytoy.....this one is supposed to be a keeper.....so I am getting the table ready for Thanksgiving dinner.......

trailertablesetting.jpg

By lorikay13 at 2011-11-22

yea..yea...those are the same flowers I got for my BD back in Oct....but hey...waste not want not.

oh? their dead? what's your point?

Last edited:

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
I also live in a "manufactured home" in a park. However I have also lived in a 30' trailer as well as been homeless. And I never considered myself trash either. I actually do not consider any human being "trash". It is my belief that the popular lexicon "trailer trash cooking" is a term that came about do to the preponderance of canned and prepackaged food used when one is cooking in the extremely limited space of a trailer.

So can we go back to having fun now?:toast:

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
Man isn't that the pits? Why is it that the stuff we love so much is always what is so bad for us???? I am currently on a pineapple upside downcake kick...LOL I'm backed two in the last 2 weeks.....with a twist of course....yellow cake mix with Princess Cake and Cookie Emulsion instead of vanilla and maraschino liqueor instead of water. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread