The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

You might be trailer trash if............

Discussion in 'SmokeStik' started by lorikay13, Nov 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. CES

CES optimistic cynic Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 25, 2010
    Birmingham, Al
    two full charges sounds about right...i tend to refill when i even think it's getting low (i just wish i could get the SS regular flavor as a refill!)

2. susie22321

susie22321 Supplier Associate ECF Veteran

Jun 6, 2010
    St. Clair Shores, MI
  3. CES

Jan 25, 2010
    Birmingham, Al
    What's up susie?

4. susie22321

Jun 6, 2010
    St. Clair Shores, MI
    LK called me out, said I couldn't participate :(

J/K!

Happy Birthday!

5. lorikay13

lorikay13 Supplier Associate ECF Veteran

Dec 13, 2009
    Oregon
    I did NOT....I said you just couldn't WIN that particular Prize Patrol...because um....you work here? get it???

6. susie22321

Jun 6, 2010
    St. Clair Shores, MI
    I did say just kidding! Purple is kewl, though :) Just sayin'.

7. CES

Jan 25, 2010
    Birmingham, Al
    Wait a minute- even if Susie can't "win" on this prize patrol, I can't believe you won't share one of the purple cases with her!!

8. tonyorion

tonyorion Super Member ECF Veteran

Jun 8, 2010
    Michigan
    My GF grill gave up the ghost Wednesday so I trashed it and purchased a Breville which was a lot more expensive. One of the things I really disliked about the GF was the clamshell design (hinged, without a floating plate). It did not cook food evenly.

The Breville has the heating coils built into the floating plates which doing a better job of cooking the food evenly. The height is adjustable so it even handles thick steaks. It also flips open to a flat position so you have two flat surfaces for making things like pancakes. It runs at a higher temperature, and the handle makes it easier to press down. IMHO, the drip collection is a lot neater than on the Foreman. You can also use both flat and ribbed plates. But as with most things in life, you pay for quality.

Anyway, $10/pound for a processed meat, even if it organic? You can get rib eye or NY strip at Sam's or Costco for a lot less than that.

9. susie22321

Jun 6, 2010
    St. Clair Shores, MI
    It's okay CES....I was just funnin' LK. I have several cases :)

10. CES

Jan 25, 2010
    Birmingham, Al
    nice! but how does it do with roadkill :laugh:

I figured that - i was just funnin' too- but since i was not yet caffeinated i forgot to add the smilies :facepalm:

:):D:):D:)

11. Allazar

Allazar Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 21, 2011
    Austin
    In keeping with the holiday spirit, here is the latest addition to Allazar's recipes... made it over the holidays and it was a huge hit... feel free to substitue roadkill or "mystery meat" for those so inclined! ;)

Allazar's Trailer Park Queso

Ingredients:
    2 Cheese blocks of easy melt cheese (or Velveeta if you prefer namebrand)
    2 lbs. Sausage (Hot)
    1 Can chili (hot no beans) (Wolf for those that like name brand)
    2 Small cans Rotel tomatos
    1 Large bottle of Pace picante sauce
    1 Small block Cream cheese
    1 Small container of sour cream
    1 Small package of Guacamole
    Add Worcestershire sauce to taste preference

Directions:

1. Brown Sausage.
    2. Cut up the cheese into smaller chunks to facilitate melting.
    3. Place cutup cheese in pan, empty Rotel dip cans and Pace bottle into pot.
    4. Once cheese is nearly melted add the can of chili and the browned sausage.
    5. Stir continuously and then add a cutup block of cream cheese, the guacamole and the sour cream.
    6. While continuing to stir (never stop for too long or the pot becomes a mess to clean) add the Worcestershire sauce to taste. (Note: you want to put a good bit because this is a large recipe)
    7. Stir until all ingredients fully mixed and melted and remove from heat for approximately 30-45 minutes.
    8. Serve with chips or other preference to go with the Queso.

This definately qualifies as trailer park, but God is it good! :2cool: :toast: :p

12. Lady J

Lady J Super Member ECF Veteran

Nov 9, 2011
    Ohio
    sigh, Allazar, I am now hungry and craving this delicious monstrosity of goodness. It is much more complex than the "Velveeta and Rotel" dip I'm used to. Sadly I am in the land of "These people seriously do not eat Velveeta? What?" and will not enjoy the melty wonder until February. Until then, I shall enjoy what I can :D

also I'm craving a fried bologna sandwich. or fried hot dogs. I like to slice them into little coins and fry them with BBQ sauce. such a refined palate I have.

13. Allazar

Jul 21, 2011
    Austin
    WHAT!?!?!? :ohmy: They don't eat Velveeta? But... but... but... that's just WRONG!!!

You must really love that BF to be with a family of heathens that do not eat melted cheese! :lol:

P.S. My Queso evolved over many years from that simple Rotel dip you mentioned. Give it a try when you return to civilization, or use it to make some converts in that heathen land you are currently residing in! :)

14. TUC

TUC Reviewer / Blogger Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 9, 2011
    Central Texas
    Thinly sliced spam sandwich...that's right, SPAM, and it is oh so good.

15. Lady J

Lady J Super Member ECF Veteran

Nov 9, 2011
    Ohio
    They are a delightful family. Just, well, they don't eat the Velveeta. The boyfriend hardly eats cheese at all. and no eggs! How can that be? But yes, I do adore him, so I can live with the sacrifice for this lengthy visit. :p

Spam, I never got into. My mom loves it though.

16. CES

Jan 25, 2010
    Birmingham, Al
    Just cause he doesn't eat cheese (or velveeta, which is good, but something other than cheese) doesn't mean you have to abstain!!

that recipe sounds great Allazar, and I'm sure I'd love it were someone to make it for me. I'm into easier stuff though. Take one jar of cheese wiz and one can of hormel chili, mix them together over heat, and scoop with doritos. one important note- you do have to keep it hot, cause it will congeal into a dorito-breaking solid mass if allowed to cool down.

17. lorikay13

lorikay13 Supplier Associate ECF Veteran

Dec 13, 2009
    Oregon
    I like to just throw the can of Cheese Whiz in the fire.....

18. CES

Jan 25, 2010
    Birmingham, Al
    that'll work too :)

19. Allazar

Jul 21, 2011
    Austin
    LOL... I expect the results would be entertaining, but I hope you do not have any electronic devices near the fireplace! *has a mental image of a cheese grenade going off in living room*
    Thanks LK... made my morning a little brighter with that imagery! :)

20. CES

Jan 25, 2010
    Birmingham, Al
    (my mental image was an open can in a campfire- yours is much more fun Alazar :laugh:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.