You might be trailer trash if............

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonyorion

ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2010
Michigan
My GF grill gave up the ghost Wednesday so I trashed it and purchased a Breville which was a lot more expensive. One of the things I really disliked about the GF was the clamshell design (hinged, without a floating plate). It did not cook food evenly.

The Breville has the heating coils built into the floating plates which doing a better job of cooking the food evenly. The height is adjustable so it even handles thick steaks. It also flips open to a flat position so you have two flat surfaces for making things like pancakes. It runs at a higher temperature, and the handle makes it easier to press down. IMHO, the drip collection is a lot neater than on the Foreman. You can also use both flat and ribbed plates. But as with most things in life, you pay for quality.

Anyway, $10/pound for a processed meat, even if it organic? You can get rib eye or NY strip at Sam's or Costco for a lot less than that.

CES

optimistic cynic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2010
Birmingham, Al
My GF grill gave up the ghost Wednesday so I trashed it and purchased a Breville which was a lot more expensive. One of the things I really disliked about the GF was the clamshell design (hinged, without a floating plate). It did not cook food evenly.

The Breville has the heating coils built into the floating plates which doing a better job of cooking the food evenly. The height is adjustable so it even handles thick steaks. It also flips open to a flat position so you have two flat surfaces for making things like pancakes. It runs at a higher temperature, and the handle makes it easier to press down. IMHO, the drip collection is a lot neater than on the Foreman. You can also use both flat and ribbed plates. But as with most things in life, you pay for quality.

Anyway, $10/pound for a processed meat, even if it organic? You can get rib eye or NY strip at Sam's or Costco for a lot less than that.

nice! but how does it do with roadkill :laugh:

It's okay CES....I was just funnin' LK. I have several cases :)

I figured that - i was just funnin' too- but since i was not yet caffeinated i forgot to add the smilies :facepalm:

:):D:):D:)

Allazar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2011
Austin
In keeping with the holiday spirit, here is the latest addition to Allazar's recipes... made it over the holidays and it was a huge hit... feel free to substitue roadkill or "mystery meat" for those so inclined! ;)

Allazar's Trailer Park Queso

Ingredients:
2 Cheese blocks of easy melt cheese (or Velveeta if you prefer namebrand)
2 lbs. Sausage (Hot)
1 Can chili (hot no beans) (Wolf for those that like name brand)
2 Small cans Rotel tomatos
1 Large bottle of Pace picante sauce
1 Small block Cream cheese
1 Small container of sour cream
1 Small package of Guacamole
Add Worcestershire sauce to taste preference

Directions:

1. Brown Sausage.
2. Cut up the cheese into smaller chunks to facilitate melting.
3. Place cutup cheese in pan, empty Rotel dip cans and Pace bottle into pot.
4. Once cheese is nearly melted add the can of chili and the browned sausage.
5. Stir continuously and then add a cutup block of cream cheese, the guacamole and the sour cream.
6. While continuing to stir (never stop for too long or the pot becomes a mess to clean) add the Worcestershire sauce to taste. (Note: you want to put a good bit because this is a large recipe)
7. Stir until all ingredients fully mixed and melted and remove from heat for approximately 30-45 minutes.
8. Serve with chips or other preference to go with the Queso.

This definately qualifies as trailer park, but God is it good! :2cool: :toast: :p

Last edited:

Lady J

ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2011
Ohio
sigh, Allazar, I am now hungry and craving this delicious monstrosity of goodness. It is much more complex than the "Velveeta and Rotel" dip I'm used to. Sadly I am in the land of "These people seriously do not eat Velveeta? What?" and will not enjoy the melty wonder until February. Until then, I shall enjoy what I can :D

also I'm craving a fried bologna sandwich. or fried hot dogs. I like to slice them into little coins and fry them with BBQ sauce. such a refined palate I have.

Allazar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2011
Austin
sigh, Allazar, I am now hungry and craving this delicious monstrosity of goodness. It is much more complex than the "Velveeta and Rotel" dip I'm used to. Sadly I am in the land of "These people seriously do not eat Velveeta? What?" and will not enjoy the melty wonder until February. Until then, I shall enjoy what I can :D

also I'm craving a fried bologna sandwich. or fried hot dogs. I like to slice them into little coins and fry them with BBQ sauce. such a refined palate I have.

WHAT!?!?!? :ohmy: They don't eat Velveeta? But... but... but... that's just WRONG!!!

You must really love that BF to be with a family of heathens that do not eat melted cheese! :lol:

P.S. My Queso evolved over many years from that simple Rotel dip you mentioned. Give it a try when you return to civilization, or use it to make some converts in that heathen land you are currently residing in! :)

Last edited:

CES

optimistic cynic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2010
Birmingham, Al
Just cause he doesn't eat cheese (or velveeta, which is good, but something other than cheese) doesn't mean you have to abstain!!

that recipe sounds great Allazar, and I'm sure I'd love it were someone to make it for me. I'm into easier stuff though. Take one jar of cheese wiz and one can of hormel chili, mix them together over heat, and scoop with doritos. one important note- you do have to keep it hot, cause it will congeal into a dorito-breaking solid mass if allowed to cool down.

Last edited:

Allazar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2011
Austin
I like to just throw the can of Cheese Whiz in the fire.....

LOL... I expect the results would be entertaining, but I hope you do not have any electronic devices near the fireplace! *has a mental image of a cheese grenade going off in living room*
Thanks LK... made my morning a little brighter with that imagery! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread