You never know what you have until its gone! What are you most grateful for on ECF ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2008
USA
I seemed lost the last 2 days without ECF as I know many of you guys did too ... :(

That being said, plus the holidays, what are you most grateful for when it comes to ECF ?!?!?!

For me, its the companionship of so many friends on here. I have met soooo many unique and interesting people, that I am happy to now call some friends! This place being down, had me lost and wandering for 2 days online. PerezHilton, lakers.com, nba.com, etc... just couldn't cut it!

So, I am grateful to all the members I have met, and will continue to meet !!!!

Happy Holidays everyone, and a Special Thank you to SJ for all his hard work the past 24 hours! Long live ECF ! :D

Zolabud

Verified Member
Nov 28, 2008
East Sussex.UK.
I'll second that Cash....

There is only one other website I really use.On my favourite erm...Tomato growing website.
But it was on that very forum I was steered towards E cigs in the first place.And I had never heard of them until about 3 weeks ago.

I can't believe how hardly any of my friends had heard of them either.
I love showing it off....
And I'm very pleased I bought a 901.Little workhorse.I love it. :thumbs:

Thanks to you all for a wonderful site.
And thanks to whoecver it is who got it back on track....:D

Wahay!!!!!!!!!

yo han

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2008
the Dutch mountains
Hm, after over 12 years of internet experience I know how you feel but I can't say that I feel the same way anymore. I've seen forums come and go and heard all the dramatic farewells and what not more before. But I don't believe in friendships like this anymore and just enjoy things as long as they last. If this blackout had lasted for a few weeks then everyone would have gone his/her way like none of this had never existed. But hey, that's just my opinion :)

SMILIN

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2008
CHITOWN USA
www.vapor4life.com
I seemed lost the last 2 days without ECF as I know many of you guys did too ... :(

That being said, plus the holidays, what are you most grateful for when it comes to ECF ?!?!?!

For me, its the companionship of so many friends on here. I have met soooo many unique and interesting people, that I am happy to now call some friends! This place being down, had me lost and wandering for 2 days online. PerezHilton, lakers.com, nba.com, etc... just couldn't cut it!

So, I am grateful to all the members I have met, and will continue to meet !!!!

Happy Holidays everyone, and a Special Thank you to SJ for all his hard work the past 24 hours! Long live ECF ! :D

Well said, Happy holiday's to all my new friends:thumb:

JP_Guinness

ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2008
Washington, D.C.
Good company, intelligent conversation and some laughs ;)

I agree. I used to lurk, but lately I was inspired to post and I definitely do not regret doing so. I usually stay away from forums because of all the 'you're a NOOB' cyberspace bigotry, etc. People here seem like they really want to contribute in a meaningful way, also allowing many opinions and schools of thought.

Also, we're all nicotine addicts here, and that gives me some type of support group feeling even though I'm not discussing my addiction per se.

Anyway - great people; very welcoming. Good to know all of you...

e-pipeman

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2008
Brown Edge, England
Hm, after over 12 years of internet experience I know how you feel but I can't say that I feel the same way anymore. I've seen forums come and go and heard all the dramatic farewells and what not more before. But I don't believe in friendships like this anymore and just enjoy things as long as they last. If this blackout had lasted for a few weeks then everyone would have gone his/her way like none of this had never existed. But hey, that's just my opinion :)

Are you saying that communication between people is superficial? That's a bit sad at this time of year imho...

ApOsTle51

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2008
UK
this place has great entertainment value and that's thanks to the enormous variety of peeps who dwell here.

A wealth of information and idea's , theories and support. A gathering point for those with a common interest.

I've suprised myself with how i have come to respect some people on here for their varied input to the forum.

Welcome back ECF....Merry Christmas....

GabbyD

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2008
Southern U.S.
Well, being new here, I missed the information most. My only contact with the world of my new "hobby" was getting a shipment notice from Steve. LOL!

I disagree about internet relationships being superficial. I've made real friends online for years now and have met many in person and have continued relationships outside of failed forums for over a decade, sharing kid photos, Christmas presents and even vacations at times.

Glad to see this place back up!

Tetsab

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 10, 2008
East Sussex, UK
Yes, the people are what make me smile more than anything else here.

But what I really missed badly whilst mooching arond looking in other places, finding links to suppliers I'd never heard of etc - immediately thinking 'must go and look this up on the forum to see if anyone else knows anything about it', hotly followed by 'dammit, CAN'T' hotly followed by 'waaaah'...

Many have said it elsewhere over the last couple of days but one thing this forum undeniably is, is a treasure trove of information about something it is REALLY difficult to get unbiased opinions about (never mind hard facts) anywhere else at all.

I suppose I could have spent hours looking through the other forums but somehow... I just didn't. This is home. And it's awfully good to be back! :cool:

yo han

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2008
the Dutch mountains
Are you saying that communication between people is superficial? That's a bit sad at this time of year imho...
Time of year doesn't really matter does it? ;)
But yes, that's what I'm saying. I believe in friendship, as long as it lasts. Sure I've had people who I could share everything with, be it sad or happy things. But most of them disappeared over the years and I don't even know where they are right now. It's not that I'm trying to be cynical here, it's just something I've experienced a lot of times.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread