Status
Not open for further replies.

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
MD
i got my ud gobling built it to 0.45 2.5diam 26gauge at 8 wraps.
vaping at 30-40 watts spits juice in my mouth like a whole blob?
There plenty cotton inside theere so why is it doing this?
Also its leaking from the refill hole at the bottom even though its tight and was dry when i filled it in?
Why why why?
Thanks
It's your wicking. Spitting hot juice, flooding, and /or leaking are all wicking issues. Try watching Trevor Jones goblin build video on YouTube, the wicking part starts around 29 minutes in, his method is pretty easy and works well. Good luck getting it sorted out, once you have it wicking correctly it shouldn't leak, and the vape is quite nice. You may think its leaking out the fill port somehow, but generally its actually leaking from the airholes on the deck.

Last edited:

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
i got my ud gobling built it to 0.45 2.5diam 26gauge at 8 wraps.
Vaping at 30-40 watts spits juice in my mouth like a whole blob?
There plenty cotton inside theere so why is it doing this?
Also its leaking from the refill hole at the bottom even though its tight and was dry when i filled it in?
Why why why?
Thanks

I do not have the Goblin but I do have the goblin Mini.

The spitting sounds as if your wick is too loose in the coil. This could also explain why it is leaking.

milescadre

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2014
Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
As others have said; Spitting generally comes from the cotton being too tight or too loose in the coil. you want it to be snug, not forced through but not fall out either.

As for flooding, make sure your wicks are, quite literally (And literally as mentioned in the little paper they give ya), crammed in the juice channels. You want the wick to be in them nicely. More wick for higher pg juices, less wick for higher vg juices.

Alas, the leaky fill screw is a design flaw. knock on wood, mine hasnt leaked yet, but some plumbers tape helps to keep it from leaking. HOWEVER, as others have pointed out, if youre flooding due to poor wicking, your probably not leaking from the fill hole.

happy vaping!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread