• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Your E-Cig Biography

Status
Not open for further replies.

timothymass

ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2009
Springfield, Mo
I was just going to give you guys an idea about what things ive been through as far as the e-cig world is concerned it started about 9 months ago.
i started with blu/m4048 they worked great for me to begin with but with in 1 month both batteries had died on me so i used the warranty and after 2 weeks both of the new batteries had died on me. so then when i tried my buddies 510 (Titan, etc.) it totally changed my perception about e smoking or vaping so I ordered one of the 510 kits from a place called cigtechs.com compared to the blu it puts an exponential amount of vapor with more heat it gives you a great throat hit but then i hit a bearier with the stock product the battery the stock battery only lasts 1 1/2 hrs. or so when one battery was done charging the other one was dead so you always had to be around a charger finally after about 2 1/2 months of use the batteries died so i started looking to see what else was out there i had seen on the forums posts about mods so i looked into it I came upon a company called puresmoker located at puresmoker.com which had a great reputation and basically. connection to the proprietary atomizer connection of the 510 which i came to like quite a bit so i decided to order the protege which takes a 14500 lithium ion running at 3.7 v the same as the stock battery only instead of 100 mah it has 800 mah so you can get the performance consistently for long periods of time the product ran great the only problem i was having with it was the threads on the end cap was deteriorating so i decided it was time to go with something new i had tried the device at a true 5 v throough a usb extension with a dummy battery and it was awesome to the least the flavor was incredible and the throat hit and the heat of the liquid more closely resembled an actual cigarette the only problem was i couldn't move from my desk with it so i decided to move to the other device at puresmoker called the prodigy supposedly the big brother of the protege except it was the 5v counterpart when i first got this device in i was in love with it i mean it was a little bulky but i mean the amount of vapor you get on these things with it being a portable device is amazing YouTube - PRODIGY V2 FROM PURESMOKER.COM FOLLOWUP But i noticed something when i got the prodigy in the atomizer sat sideways in the threads and as i continued to use the device it continued to get worse until it wouldn't hold the atomizer all together so me and my uncle decided to do some afro engineering of our own and took his oxy cedlin torch to it with some silver solder and a 510 atomizer connection that i had left over from my psp mod that i created and got it working with that being the second product that i purchased from puresmoker with inferior quality i decided to get this one fixed with warranty so i contacted them and let them know what the problem was they told me that i would have to purchase one which i wasnt having being that their product was flawed to begin with so i told them i would begin to make a video of how the quality control measures of puresmoker leaved a lot to be desired so they finally told to me to send it in i had to pretty much fight with them to get it done but finally they're going to which it used to not be that way I decided along with multiple other friends that we were going else where so I started looking for another company that produced 510 5v mods and i came across a company called super t manufacturing http ://supertmanufacturing.com/ which has top of the line quality the owner makes each individual e cig by hand and has been creating turbo system for over twenty years so i decided leave puresmoker in the dust being as they got to big for there own good. I was going to go with there 6v device the super six until i was reading the forum and it came to my knowledge that there was something called low resistance atomizers which only use a 3.7 v device and are supposed to mimmick the same vapor quality and amount as what you get from 5v/6v devices but also leaves the ability for the device to be much smaller and super t manufacturing had just such a device called the precise which was exactly what i needed and wanted a device that was made with precision and thats where im at today waiting for it to arive in the post It has grown into a hobby which i find enjoyment in and am able to meet new people around the world everyday because of it and I am not killing myself with poisonous smoke any longer the only poison im getting is nicotine which as far as its properties goes is fairly similar to caffeine i guess i made this entirely to long but i dont want people to make the same mistakes as i did cause it can get expensive quickly. sorry that was so long but hopefully that will help someone out there it would be appreciated if you guys would contribute maybe i can get further in my ecig experience.

Last edited:

defdave

ECF Veteran
Jul 25, 2009
Springfield, MO
Long story short, a little under a year ago my wife came home and told me about how one of neighbors had their parents over for a visit and they were vaping. I was very curious so I researched for countless hours online and eventually decided to take a sample of this new phenomenon by purchasing a horrible, sloppily-made piece of junk from China for under 10 bucks.

I enjoyed it while it lasted (about a day or so). I took it to work and introduced my co-workers (including my buddy Kurt who is a member of this forum as well) to vaping.

I immediately ordered a 901 kit (which took nearly a month to arrive) and was pleasantly surprised by how satisfying it was. I vaped on my 901 for several months and gave up analogs. Then my buddy Kurt brought with him to work his new 510 and wow. I eventually bought it from him as he upgraded to a Prodigy.

I vaped on the 510 steadily until recently. My ac adapter died, so I obviously can't recharge the batteries. But thanks to the generosity of some of this forum's members, I'll be back to vaping very soon. :)

kdd121s

ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2009
US Central Standard Time
Timothymass, all I can say is ZOMG. That is a mini novel that you just hatched. My biography is going to be simple. In October of 2009 DefDave introduced me to a sad little Chinese vaping device. The little thing was basically useless, but the seed had been planted. As soon as I got home, I got on the web and lost about 5 hours of my life in the pursuit of further knowledge in relation to vaping. Within a couple of days I ordered a Pure Smoker Protege V1, but I had to wait a month to get it, so I also ordered a basic Joye 510 kit from Midwestvapor. I really liked the 510 kit, but I had my heart set on a mod from the start. As soon as my Protege V1 arrived, I sold my 510 kit to DefDave. Several months later Timothymass exposed me to high volt vaping, I decided that I wanted a high volt mod as well, so I ordered a Pure Smoker Prodigy V2. My Prodigy V2 arrived in late February of 2010. I soon became enamored with high volt vaping. Not all good things last forever though. Within two months my Prodigy V2 has become the bane of my existence, due to poor manufacturing practices at Pure Smoker. With the advent of low resistance atomizers, I have decided to revert back to a 3.7v mod that is paired with a low resistance 510 atomizer. I ordered a Super T Manufacturing "Precise" 10440 Model. The unit should be in sometime next week. Well, that is about it for me to date. I look forward to hearing more about other Missouri vapers journey through the world of vaping. Cheers :D .

Update: 04-21-2011: I wound up returning my Super T "Precise" 10440, because it's native battery capacity was too short for my needs. Luckily Pure Smoker has got their act together again and I am the proud owner of a Prodigy V 3.1 6v mod. This new toy has been rocking and rolling for awhile now and is near bomb proof. I have been officially smoke free for over 1.5 years now and have saved over $5,400 in the process.

Last edited:

trukinlady

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2010
Missouri, USA
Hey everyone;

I thought I'd share a little of my bio as well. I was web surfing when a news blog about e-cigs caught my eye. I read it and was fascinated by the concept! I googled e-cigs, and found ECF. I joined right away and spent the next 3 weeks reading, reading, and more reading. At first, I was overwhelmed by all of the available information here, and for a while, I was on information overload! I wanted to try vaping, I just didn't know where to start.

I posted a desperate plea for help, and within 5 minutes there were several replies to my post! Members helped me wade through redundant information so I was able to make an informed choice. I don't know what I would have done without their great advice. Many thanks to ECF!!

I finally chose the Joye 510. I was thrilled when it finally arrived! I actually opened it in the parking lot of the post office!

The first time I vaped later that day, I thought the taste wasn't as good as it was made out to be. Then I actually read the instructions, and discovered I had been vaping primer!! :oops::) After removing the primer from the atty, I was impressed by the entire experience of vaping!

While I haven't given up analogs completely yet, I've gone from 2 packs a day to 1/2 pack. Now I'm "outgrowing" my 510, and ready to move on to something different. Eventually, I'm sure I will try other PVs. Now I have an eGo and so far, I like it a lot! It won't be long before I give up analogs for good!

I'm glad Eighttrucktires started this group! Thank you ETT!! (If you need a secretary, just let me know! :)) I enjoyed our first group meet, and I'm looking forward to many more!

defdave

ECF Veteran
Jul 25, 2009
Springfield, MO
Remember that really crappy one I brought to work, timothymass? The one from China that looked like a real cigarette? You tried that one didn't you? I know kdd121s did. That was our first foray into this magical new world of vaping. :) The first day or so it was cool, then it crapped out on me. I still have it somewhere around here.

Anyway, man that thing was a piece of junk. But when I first tried it (I also opened it in the post office parking lot hehehe) I was amazed. I had been reading about vaping for weeks, then when I took that first hit I knew I was going to be hooked. That first couple hits lived up to everything I'd been reading about and more. But then a day or two later it stopped working and I knew I HAD to get a real e-cig so I ordered my 901 kits.

I need to find that old piece of crap e-cig just for old time's sake and a laugh. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Severic

May 3, 2010
Missouri
i started about the same time kdd121s did. last October he started talking about it and it enticed me so i went online found me a Chinese 901 and ordered it. and it worked great till the 4 batteries went dead then i found out that my charger was crap. so instead of getting a new charger i went one Midwest Vapor and got me a nicer 510 and loved it since day one. well about march came around and the batteries stopped holding charge so i went back to analogs (STUPID MISTAKE I KNOW). been on those since cause i didnt know of a good PV. so much had changed since i got my 510 finally i decided to go with Pure Smoker's Icon as a birthday present to myself. Just shipped today and im stoked.

jerry2111

ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2009
Liberty, Mo.
A friend of mine was talking about his e cig at work, he said he was going to return it, he let me try it out it was a cartomizer type that looked like a cig. and it tasted like sh-- but it got my mind on e cigs. I went on line and got a 401 the box only said electronic cigarette so I don't know the brand. And I dont remember where i got it, but it did taste better then I found ecf and learned about refilling with juice. when I started trying all the different flavors I thought this is something I could use. about jan 2010 I got my 901 and the vapor was a lot better, feb 2010 I made a flashlight mod at 6 v and that was better. Then I found the 902 with the extralarge cart holds 20 drops in july, thats when I stoped smoking and only vaping. In aug. Igot a screwdriver from madvaps and it came with a 510 cartomizer I have used it till Igot my gold rush last week, and i'm in love with it. And I still use the 510 cartomizer, now I'm trying to get a 510 second edition carto but everyone is out of stock.

Last edited:

tyrible

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2010
usa
A friend of mine was talking about their batteries dieing on their e-smoke. I had to ask what it was, and now in the 8th month I sit vapor plumes hanging about. I did the basic, gave up hours of time deciding how I was gonna waste my money. I ended up on ECF and from there went to Cignot and got a 510 kit. Out of that kit I have only had 1 atomizer die on me. I can't complain about that. So now I have 2 passthrus and a few mods and am in pursuit for that perfect juice.

I had never heard anything about vaping or ecigarettes - until I happened to be watching the news one day.

There was a story on about Northampton, MA (about 1/2 hour north from me) and how the town was trying to ban e-cigarettes. People were at the town meeting vaping and try to show their point of view.

I said, "What is that??" and went to internet to see what I could find.

Found this site, and a post about a good deal on an eGo - I ordered it and waited 3 weeks for it to arrive from China.

It lasted two days before dying...I then went to an intelli-cig, and then an DSE801.

Finally, I found V4L and have stuck with it ever since.

well my story is. my wife was on my case about all of her clothing and the house always smelling like smoke. she brought it up for a long time and i keep saying i would try to quit. witch i knew would prolly never happen. so one day while at dirty cheap buying a carton of smokes i saw a e-cig kit for 50 bucks. it was the Envy Bliss, i bought it and the carton of smokes. started by switching back and forth all day from ecig to analog but the battery kept dieing. kit only came with one. so i got on there web site and got some spare stuff, about 70 dollars worth(totally spending 120 now). still wasnt working, the thing has a auto battery with like a 5 second cut off, wasnt enough. so i started doing more research, found a 510 kit and some eliquid at a good price of 25 for the kit and 15 for 30ml of liquid from tasty vapor(total 160). this was working for me. the manual battery was great, but still died to often. so i got a mod, the screwdriver MKII for 100 bucks and it works, it was pretty much perfect(total 260).so i should of stopped there but i didnt, sale ego batterys on sale at tasty vapor, got one and loved it. so i had to have more for some reason. i could keep going on with this story but to make it shorter, i have now found what i like, my SD MKII and EGOs. for eliquids i love a custom flavor i get from tasty vapors of pineapple/orange/lime. i also switched from attys to cartos, so much easier. i must of spent weeks trying to figure out the best cart mods, never really likeing any of them. cartos are just so simple. but all and all im about 2 months in and have prolly spent half a grand on this stuff but i do love vapeing now. so its money well spent.

STLDiceDealer

ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Well, my mother and I were at the mall in summer of 09 I believe? We came across a smoke51 kiosk and were severely intrigued by the concept. So we bought the starter kits. I absolutely hated it after using it for 24 hours or so, I just wasn't satisfied at all. So I gave my kit to my mother. Fast forward to 2011....I did some research on PV's (coincidentally right when the smoking ban took effect in St. Louis and I could no longer smoke indoors at work). I ordered my 510 kit from thevaporpro.com around the 4th of this month, got it Monday the 6th and had a completely HORRIBLE time finishing my pack of analogs, I just couldn't stop vaping!!! Well as of the 7th, I'm a full time vaper and have NO desire to go back. Furthermore, I just ordered my inferno-t from volcano cigs and cannot WAIT to get it!!! I'm a vaper and I'm NEVER going back to that nasty habit again!

Dirgon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2011
Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
Let's see...

Started smoking for dumb reasons at 21 (now 24) but after I started simply did not want to stop. Met a girl at 22 (whom I'm now engaged to) who hated that I smoked. I quit the day I met her (for my own reasons, she didn't find out until I started again), but that only lasted ~ two months, I was stressed, angry, and bleh, so I started again.

Always chewing gum, always with the body spray and the lotion to hide the smell, always going outside, not because she made me, of course, but because I didn't want to be offensive. When I dated a chick who smoked when I was a teenager, before I started, I hated smelling it on her.

Anyhow, my sister bought an Envy Bliss from Dirt Cheap and tried it out, I thought it was pretty cool, read into e-cigs a bit, and bought my own envy bliss kit. Hated it. Absolutely freaking hated it. No vapor production, terrible battery life.... I kept going back to cigarettes. Gave up on that, it wasn't satisfying like a cigarette.

At the end of January, I read an article somewhere about e-cigs and thought "Hmm... I should really give them another go." so I tried the Envy again, and I still hated it a year later. So then I went online, did some more research, tried to find one with better vapor production and longer battery life, and a kit with two batteries so I could use one while one charged.

Found the Red Dragon e-cigs; they weren't terrible, good flavor, throat hit, vapor production, but the battery life was poo, and the cartomizers were 11 bucks for 4 and I was blowing through a carto a day, so I returned it, but not before...

Finding this forum, and reading about the Joye eGo. I ordered a starter kit from TheVaporPro, with two batts, two 510 atties, 5 prefilled carts and 5 empty carts and a 30ml bottle of juice. Filled up my first cart, slapped it on, took some puffs and.... eww. So gross. I remember reading about dripping, so I dripped, immediately it tasted right. I later found out I was puffing on primer, but alas.

I shipped back the red dragon, and about 3 days into vaping the eGo I was fed up with topping off my cart. Read about the eGo-Tank, went to cignot, ordered 2 tank atties, 10 empty tanks, and a 1000mah passthrough (just because :p) and been going on juice tasting sprees since.

FSUSA's juices were all meh to meh, and I read a post on ECF about blue mist vaping's great prices on sampler packs, so I ordered caramel tobacco, robacco, ry4, cafe caramel, and clove tobacco (I was planning to switch to cloves just before the FDA banned them)

I LOVE LOVE LOVE caramel tobacco, RY4, and cafe caramel. The caramel tobacco, especially, I think is going to be may all-time must vape forever vape. Before I found that liquid, I was seriously reconsidering vaping. My VaporPro juice was killing my chest (still does, all VG so it's not a PG problem) and my FSUSA juices were just... meh. Once I found my all day vape, though, I haven't been happier.

Three weeks into vaping, two nights ago, actually, I tried an analog because I was out for the evening and only took my one filled tank with me, which didn't make it. I took one drag and threw it away, I forgot how freaking horrible they taste when you don't smoke 20 of them a day.

Last edited:

Levitas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2011
Saint Louis
Simple. I'm 26 years old, been smoking for 10 of those years. I have a son and a soon to be wife (who smokes also). I've seen many advertisements for Blu and TheSafeCig and GreenSmoke so one day I just said f#$^ it, I'm going to invest and try it!

After much deliberation back and forth, I couldn't decide who to go through. TheSafeCig or GreenSmoke. So I googled and googled until I finally stumbled upon this wonderful site here.

The AWESOME people of ECF showed me that it WAS possible to quit smoking with a PV. People who have smoked twice as much as me for twice as long could do it, why not me! So, I made a forum handle, ask the newbie questions, got the eGo recommendation, bought the kit and have been stuck since.

I've spent about $120 in 3 days on back up equipment and juices but I'll never smoke again. That was about 5 days ago (joined the forum) I've been vaping for 4. In exactly 2 hours, it would have been 4 full days since my last 'analog'. It's a wonderful thing.

webgeek

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2011
Missouri
I've been smoking off and on for close to 20 years now (I'm currently 36). My dad was a two-pack-a-day smoker for most of my life, and I headed down that same road. I quit for about 3 years, flirted with analogs again before my daughter was born then started smoking a pack a day or more when I was getting divorced. For some reason, I had a devil of a time cutting back. An acquaintance at work had a kiosk-brand ecig that looked cool, so I decided to buy one. Bought a No. 7 at a local smoke shop. Big mistake. No taste, no vapor, still smoking analogs. Made me back off the ecig for a few months.

Then I found this site and started doing some research. I ended up buying an Inferno T, which I used happily for several months. Although I liked it, I still wasn't able to quit analogs. It just wasn't close enough to the hit I got from burning tobacco. However, I just got an Infinity and some IKV cartomizers. This is much more to my liking, and I find myself craving my PV more than my cigarettes.

The analogs are starting to taste like .... Don't think it'll be too much longer before I won't ever want one. I'll just fire up the Infinity and go to town.

kdd121s

ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2009
US Central Standard Time
Update: 01-18-2012:

After a year of non-stop use, I sold my Puresmoker Prodigy V3.1 (6V Setup) and upgraded to the Innovapor Alpha UltraMax with RES (6V Setup). I purchased the UltraMax 06-16-2011 and have used it religiously for 7.5 months. About a month ago I got the New-Mod-Itch and order a Super T Manufacturing Precise Plus 18650 (6V Setup).

Since the advent of the carto-tanks I have retired dripping. As soon as the Kick from Evolv hits the market my Precise Plus 18650 will be a Variable Voltage toy. As a final note, I will be adopting a rebuild-able atomizer/ tank system after they have been on the market for a few months and have been run through their paces.

Well, that is all for now.

Regards,

kdd121s

Dirgon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2011
Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
Update: 01-18-2012:

An update sure does sound like a good idea, 'eh? :p

Since last Feb when I posted mine, I've gone through a few hardware iterations. I purchased a VV Box from Madvapes that I liked, but at the time I was using CE2 clearos and they didn't work very well at higher voltages, so I stuck with my eGo clone batts.

Last month I picked up some 801 Fusion cartos and slapped them on my VV Box and vape them at ~ 9 watts and freaking love it. I grabbed a j-tank 5ml and 3ml from electronicstix.com and a saddle valve from lowes to punch my cartos and I couldn't be happier now. An entire day's worth of longetivity out of both my battery and my tank (2-3 days off the 5ml tank) makes me very happy.

Now I'm waiting on my penguin tin mod from smartvapes.com and my 18650 batts from Super T, which should be arriving sometime next week. The reason for upgrading is my madvapes box has been acting funny lately, I think the regulator's going out, and it's not a very power efficient regulator and the penguin/altoid tin mods have better regulators. I didn't want a provari or lavatube (don't like tube mods) and didn't want to blow a ton of cash on a darwin (inability to replace the battery yourself is a bit of a deal breaker there) so I settled on the tin mods from smartvapes, I'll update later on on how I like it.

Maybe one of these days I'll show up at a meet and show off my hardware. :p

As far as juices go, I can't stand any of the juices I liked last year anymore. Once my taste buds fully recovered I got very picky. Hypnotic Mist from flavourart @ 15% is my all day vape, now, and I change it up sometimes vaping 10% cappuccino and 5% caramel mix.

Other mixes I like from flavourart:
wintergreen @ 5%
cantaloupe @ 15%
5% toasted marshmallow 5% french vanilla.

Sadly, the wintergreen will destroy polycarbonate (the material used to make the tubes in tanks) so I can't use that in a tank. =\

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread