Your Ego Batteries and Some atty issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonyorion

ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2010
Michigan
I am getting very frustrated with my ego/Tornado batteries (not from you). Of the 10 I had (5 regular and 5 mega), I am down to 4. They just fail after a while and will not take a charge or light up. (Since April of '10).

In addition, I have 3 Riva style which have a soft switch. All three have failed due to the soft rubber like material of the button wearing out quickly and collapsing into the housing.

For all of the issues that I have had, this style of battery has been my favorite when out and about since it is not too obstrusive and large. In frustration, I have ordered an ICON which is a 14500 style PV and relatively small. The batteries will fail but at $3-5 they are a lot cheaper than egos. The Icon is far far perfect since it is a purely mechanical device. Vaprlife has some products with 14500 fixed voltage, but I am one of the victims of their garbage products and wretched customer service. I will never deal with them again.

I favor the 14500 because it is a good compromise between size and mAh.

First question, is your ego similar to the Riva? I just do not trust the switch

Second question, I have a whole bunch of attys that I got in Nov (26 total 10 regular and 16 HV 510) that have failed. They are dead. I did write to Tim, but I do know that my email account did get hijacked so my email may have ended up in the spam folder.

The order number is 4420 ordered on Nov 2 2010. You can see that it is an inordinatley high failure rate.How do we handle this?

Thanks

tonyorion

ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2010
Michigan
Sorry for any misconceptions. My ego's failed because of issues not related to the switch. I actually like the original ego switch as well as the the Tornado from TW, but I believe the Tornado is actually an original ego. They mostly just died; however, two did short dramatically which caused the egos to start smoking and become dangerously hot. Fortunately, I was not in a spot that could have caused serious issues such as driving.

My 3 Rivas failed due to switch problems. In the meantime, I received my Icon. It's a small, compact unit with decent sized 14500 batteries. It seems to be well made and is not as obstrusive as some of my other units (DSE 905, Screwdriver, Indulgence, a Buzz for high voltage and an ordered ProVari). I drip at home only.

I do miss having an indicator light for the battery status, but then again neither does my screwdriver or my indulgence.

Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread