• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Your favorite book of the bible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stormynights

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2009
Bristow, Ok.
I would hate to choose one book out of the whole Bible but if I did have to pick a favorite it would have to be Job. There is so much in that one book that we need to learn. Job's friends were well meaning and cared about him and still put him down thinking they were doing it for God. I think a lot of churches are still doing this. In the end Job had twice what he had to start but he didn't have double the amount of children. I think this means that the children he had were never permanently lost to him. They were still his children. This was a great comfort to me when my daughter was killed many years ago. I know she is still mine.

Jobs friends came to visit me.

Last edited:

Arizona Dad

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2009
Southern Arizona
For me, it has to be Acts. That's what my faith is built on (and my church's). I'm an Apostolic Pentecostal. (People used to call us Holy Rollers). We truly believe that it is right to praise the Lord, Jesus Christ (and sometimes we can get kinda vocal). Yes, we speak in tongues and sometimes run around in church; because we are so filled with the Holy Ghost we cannot contain ourselves. It's truly a wonderful thing to be living for Jesus and to raise my children to know Jesus.

My favorite verse: Acts 2:38.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread