Status
Not open for further replies.

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
Somewhere during the 12 Days contest thread, I remember seeing someone posting that they really loved Tribeca with some added coconut. Can't remember who, in the excitement and stress of the competition.;)

Anyone out there willing to share their recipes (with some detail allowing us to duplicate them) for using Tribeca as a very good tobacco base, but adding stuff to it to get a juice flavor variation which Halo isn't yet offering? (Hope this is appropriate for the Halo forum, and doesn't belong somewhere else on ECF.)

gopher_byrd

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2013
Peoples Republic of California
Somewhere during the 12 Days contest thread, I remember seeing someone posting that they really loved Tribeca with some added coconut. Can't remember who, in the excitement and stress of the competition.;)

Anyone out there willing to share their recipes (with some detail allowing us to duplicate them) for using Tribeca as a very good tobacco base, but adding stuff to it to get a juice flavor variation which Halo isn't yet offering? (Hope this is appropriate for the Halo forum, and doesn't belong somewhere else on ECF.)

I didn't really care for Tribeca when I first got it. I added a couple of drops of Sub-Zero to it to make it more like a menthol analog. Now it has been steeping for a couple of weeks I'll have to give it a second chance on it's own... :vapor:

BigBen2k

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2013
MA, USA
Alice isn't known for technical accuracy:
…the curiously indescribable White Rabbit!

Sweet and brilliant Morri, Winner of our ‘It’s Your Flavor Contest’, inspired, named and helped us create this beautiful flavor. She is a wonder in herself, a curious person of many talents, loved by all . . .
Make of it what you will (or check out the user reviews :D )

Supergrover

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2013
Rockaway NJ
Rabbit has a nice coconut hint, its a complex juice, I have tasted everything from white chocolate, pecans, to pepper and coconut, its one of my non halo favorites.

As for tribeca, it is one of my halo favorites, to me its like a butter snap pretzel with toffee or caramel hints, I have added belgian cocoa and shamrock to tribeca for a chocolate caramel pretzel butter magical concoction

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
I would think that adding a ripe banana flavor to Tribeca would lead to something special.

Tribeca would also make a great base for a fire-and-ice flavor with red hot cinnamon and koolada/menthol.

Agree with the banana, not so much with the red hots. just me.
But, that's really why I started the thread. I just have a suspicion based on BigBen2k's reply above, that there are folks who have started with Tribeca (and I'm not disparaging its goodness), and added non-Halo juices to it, and have ended up with something we'd enjoy, as a change of pace, but built on a Tribeca base.

JohnnyDill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Uranus
One to two drops of NicQuid pure menthol per ml of Tribeca makes a great menthol tobacco vape! Before, I was putting 2 drops per ml in various Halo tobacco flavors and this was a bit much for my taste. I backed off some and ended up with 40 drops into a 30 ml bottle. This is right on for what I am looking for. Adjusting the taste is one of the 1000 reasons that vaping is WAY better than smoking. Thank you Halo! :)

Last edited:

SeniorBoy

VapeFight.com Founder
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
vapefight.com
This is the mix that started me on my DIY journey. Although I've graduated from DIY Newbie school I love the journey, the challenge, and I learn new stuff every week. Although the following mix is no longer in my daily rotation, it's yummy, easy, and fun. I will always be grateful to Halo for starting me on my journey.

75% Tribeca
25% Voodoo

NOTES: Mix in a seperate container. Plastic is fine and Halo sells the bottles. Use the graduated droppers or visit Wallgreens for some el cheapo syringes to more accurately measure. Mix a 5ML or 10ML test batch first and adjust to your taste. SHAKE the mix vigorously for 30 seconds. DO NOT mix in the tank since that creates flavor pockets. If both components are the same NIC then you have no problems. If they are not, you can use a free and fantastic tool to due all the math and computations for you. Go to: http://ejuice.breaktru.com/

Both juices are "steepers" for many but not all the members of the cult. If you like them "fresh" then that's great. YES, you steep a mix and if one of the components is not steeped then you encounter what is called "seed steeping" which basically means the entire mix will reache maturity faster than the same mix with both components "fresh".

Enjoy the journey. That's the fun part. Embrace the journey and your experiments. Learn from your mistakes (I've made plenty). Above all, have a joyous and safe holiday season.

Virtual Hugs and my best to my favorite Cult and Forum.

/Steve

:)

Last edited:

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
This is the mix that started me on my DIY journey. Although I've graduated from DIY Newbie school I love the journey, the challenge, and I learn new stuff every week. Although the following mix is no longer in my daily rotation, it's yummy, easy, and fun. I will always be grateful to Halo for starting me on my journey.

75% Tribeca
25% Voodoo

NOTES: Mix in a seperate container. Plastic is fine and Halo sells the bottles. Use the graduated droppers or visit Wallgreens for some el cheapo syringes to more accurately measure. Mix a 5ML or 10ML test batch first and adjust to your taste. SHAKE the mix vigorously for 30 seconds. DO NOT mix in the tank since that creates flavor pockets. If both components are the same NIC then you have no problems. If they are not, you can use a free and fantastic tool to due all the math and computations for you. Go to: eJuice Me Up - Best eJuice Calculator

Both juices are "steepers" for many but not all the members of the cult. If you like them "fresh" then that's great. YES, you steep a mix and if one of the components is not steeped then you encounter what is called "seed steeping" which basically means the entire mix will reache maturity faster than the same mix with both components "fresh".

Enjoy the journey. That's the fun part. Embrace the journey and your experiments. Learn from your mistakes (I've made plenty). Above all, have a joyous and safe holiday season.

/Steve

That was all very helpful. I never considered the physical mixology aspects [not in the tank, steepages etc.]
Happy holidays to you as well.

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN

75% Tribeca
25% Voodoo

NOTES: Mix in a seperate container. Plastic is fine and Halo sells the bottles. Use the graduated droppers or visit Wallgreens for some el cheapo syringes to more accurately measure. Mix a 5ML or 10ML test batch first and adjust to your taste. SHAKE the mix vigorously for 30 seconds. DO NOT mix in the tank since that creates flavor pockets. If both components are the same NIC then you have no problems. If they are not, you can use a free and fantastic tool to due all the math and computations for you. Go to: eJuice Me Up - Best eJuice Calculator

/Steve

Ok, first of all....WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN STRANGER?????? Secondly, you should know better than to mix anything w/VOODOO! :mad:

I love Tribeca w/2-3 drops of Prime. It mellows out the sometimes overly sweet taste of Tribeca. I've added up to 5 drops of Prime and it's just yummy.

AmandaD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2013
So Cal
I still need to taste Prime! Luckily I found a local vape shop that has most of the flavors, so I'll try and drop in there today. But I do find testing at 0 nic is weird. Last time I went there to check something out I came home with the nastiest gunk you've ever tasted - couldn't tell that at 0 nic:blush:

Ok, first of all....WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN STRANGER?????? Secondly, you should know better than to mix anything w/VOODOO! :mad:

I love Tribeca w/2-3 drops of Prime. It mellows out the sometimes overly sweet taste of Tribeca. I've added up to 5 drops of Prime and it's just yummy.

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
I still need to taste Prime! Luckily I found a local vape shop that has most of the flavors, so I'll try and drop in there today. But I do find testing at 0 nic is weird. Last time I went there to check something out I came home with the nastiest gunk you've ever tasted - couldn't tell that at 0 nic:blush:

I totally agree with you on this. The nic adds the kick. Sometimes this is good and sometimes bad with certain flavors. I bet if you try Prime at zero nic, it won't be as good because it's kind of smooth even with some nic. Without, it may be lack luster. Not sure cuz I use 12 mg and never tried it at a lower nic.

I just find that it seems to mix well with other flavors because it's subtle and can change up or tone down a flavor that I may not like as much. I am loving my Tribeca/Prime mix.

CafeDigitalDiva

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2013
Northeast AL USA
I would think that adding a ripe banana flavor to Tribeca would lead to something special.

Tribeca would also make a great base for a fire-and-ice flavor with red hot cinnamon and koolada/menthol.

I've tried TriBeCa with Bananas Foster and it was outstanding!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread