Your Last Cigarette

Status
Not open for further replies.

zer0xity

ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2010
Northern California
Did you try and make your last cigarette "special" in some way or another? My longest abstinence from cigarettes started on 10/10/10 at 10:10PM after 10 years of smoking. That lasted a couple months before I got back on analogs in December when a friend of mine who's a real heavy smoker stayed with me for a week. I couldn't keep waiting on my (then) Green Smoke battery to keep charging when I could have just gone outside on the balcony and smoked with him. Plus we were drinking practically every night which has a strong tendency to cause a relapse.

I'm on my second longest stretch right now at just over 21 days and going strong. I tried to make my last cigarette to date memorable by having a couple on the night of my 30th birthday and haven't touched one since. Have no desire to and I hope to keep this going.

Just wondering if you guys tried to make your last cigarette "special" somehow through some significant date, time or event, etc.

jamezelle

ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2010
Ohio
im right there with you on starting to vape last year in july, then I vaped for about 3 months but it wasn't just working for me right. the tech was much younger than it is today. Ive been smoke free for about 3 and a half weeks now and I dont think I'll ever smoke again after getting my provari and some good ce2's.

wow, that was totally off topic lol. but no i didnt really do anything special with my last smoke. it was more like i vaped and smoked at the same time then one day i just smoked one analog and then vaped the rest of the day and then the next day i just vaped and had no analogs, and has been that way for 3+ weeks now.

iball

ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2011
The Desert
I just switched over completely the day I got my Volt starter kit. No issues with it, no analog cravings.

People ask why I quit analogs and I always tell them "Because like Krusty the Clown I'm a lazy, lazy man. Since I don't like smoking in my shack I would have to go outside to smoke. Ever smoked in a 70+mph sandstorm? Sucks doesn't it? Now I don't have that problem and can get more work done sitting at the desk and skipping all the little 'smoke breaks' others take."

jj2

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Hundred Acre Wood
Actually I was getting on a plane the next morning to go see my daughter (the reason I bought an e-cig--her and family hate the smell of smoke).
I lite it up and thought that was going to be it for the next 3 weeks. Also figured I'd be counting the days until I got home and back to them.
Took a shower after, got on the plane (no I didn't take any analogs with me), and about six months later, I gave away around 5 cartons of them.

Glam

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2011
La Salle, Illinois
I also quit on Thanksgiving day. My new pv kit was sitting still unopened when I took the turkey out. While it was "resting", I decided to put my kit together and give it a try. My familiy gathered around......that experience made the baked bird the only turkey in the house after that, I became a "steamer" instantly, never lighting up again. And I still am loving every draw.

I smoked my last cigarette thinking about my morning cough, the offensive smell of the smoke, my new grand daughter and not being smelly grandma, having to go outside and getting eaten by mosquitoes (hope they got sick). Then I started my new e-cig and have never looked back. 20,080 less cigarettes later...I think about how lucky I am to vape and not smoke everyday.

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
Nope - it was just a cigarette I had while I was figuring out how to use the ecig. And then I was using the ecig and fine on that. In addition, twice in the first 2 weeks, before I had enough redundancy and enough chargers, I was caught with no charged battery and I had a cigarette while waiting for one battery to charge enough to start using it.

Mindfield

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
Toronto, ON
The first time I switched (I had an issue with bad juice that led be to go back to cigarettes for a time) I wasn't actually expecting the last cigarette I had to be my last. It just so happened that when I had my first vape I loved it so much and it worked so well for me that I simply didn't smoke anymore. The second time (after I discovered the problem was the juice I was vaping and not vaping in general) I didn't do anything special, I was just really, really anxious to be rid of the cancer sticks once and for all. I guess I'd rather celebrate my next juice test than my last smoke. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread