your opinion on the best rta out to date ......

Status
Not open for further replies.

rogergendron1

ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
woburn ma
The paramiters i am looking for are not for me they are for my finance. ..

It has to be a single coil based tank, no messing with dual coils she likes a single 26g macro/micro coil at .75 to 1 ohm ish

It has to hold a days worth of constant moderate vaping ... i would say 5 mils

It has to have good air flow for direct lung inhales but able to crank down at bed time for moulth to lungs

Flavor has to be outstanding or at least up to snuff with a basic dripper .... she uses the zenith double cross now and want a tank cause she is tired of the hastle of dripping ... so i want her to experiance a tank that is up to the task as not to turn her away from them.

It also has to be ... well built like a brick sh#t house case she runs only one mod and only one juice and uses it for everything an brings it everywhere.

rogergendron1

ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
woburn ma
I keep eying the lemo, but it seems like though it has all she wants it would be a sacrafice of build quality and durability due to its thin light nature

Then there is the billow but its dual coil and she doesnt want leaking in single mode

Its like everything is a sacrafice lol

Is there a single coil tank that can do it all like the lemo but is built like a sherman tank ? Cost is no option as it will probably be the only thing she uses day to day till the next bigger better thing comes out

rogergendron1

ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
woburn ma
Yeh i keep looking at the sub tank too

The glass tank is fine as long as i can buy like 2 spares lol it has to last and take a beating ...

I mean i have lagitamatly never in my life seenanyone drop sutch an expensive mech so often lol i shoukd have just got her clone crap like i buy lol

But nope every night no fail .... bammmmm 100$ king mod and authentic 120$ zenith hits the floor ... 3-4 times a day ... lol and she wants a tank so i am at a loss of what the heck i can get her that suports single coil only builds and wont break on day 1 !!!

I am open to glass as lomg as i can get replacements and there is also a ss option

I mean srsly every day the mod hits the floor at least 4 times !!!! I never seen anything like it. I dont think i have dropped my mod 4 times in 2 years !

Aptivus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2014
United States
Sub-tank comes with one spare already, and the glass is thick. Lung hitting a kayfun is no problem, but it's nothing compared to the sub-tank. To be fair, I haven't tried the 4s kit, which is supposed to improve the airflow. I have both, and if I'm wanting the flow I go for the sub-tank every time. No SS option though.

Last edited:

rogergendron1

ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
woburn ma
So my my options are
kayfun v4 ss tank
Lemo
Kanger sub tank

Well the sub tank is at the top of the list right now cause i currently build her coils .... so if i am not around ..... she can pop in a factory coil and go till i get home to fix the deck ! Thatsounds nice to me lol

Is there a ss tank out for the sub tank ?
Can i replace the glass?
And how long do the premade coils last

I have never used an rta i am a siplistity vapor and use mechs and rdas but i know how to build a tank and make it wick i just never use them so i dont really know whats out there as i havent looked at a tank since the protank 1 rofl ...

rogergendron1

ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
woburn ma
Ahh thanks ... i am gona check it out at my b&m on my way home from work tomorrow that is where i seen it first.

I wanna hold it in my hand and fiddle with all its parts before buying ... yes i am that guy, lol i will probably ask to see every tank he has and pull em all appart right in front of him and check over build qualiry and all that to compare lol

The vape shop guy hates me lol lol lol

ahmadmfz

ECF Veteran
Dec 9, 2014
red dot
If it's going to break get a lemo. It is easy to build single coils on it, very little parts, and there are glass replacements from fasttech. It is also very cheap. Below $40. You can get two lemos or more for the price of an authentic KF.

For the tank breaking, put a rubber ring (the one for drippers) around the glass. Helps absorb impact and won't shatter the glass!

Cullin Kin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
The 3Oh!3, Colorado
www.youtube.com
I agree with the Kayfun 4. You won't find anything more durable than it in full metal mode. :headbang: It's very easy to build and maintain. The only issue would be it's capacity. I think in it's full metal mode it can hold something like 4.2mL? Don't quote me though. Tobeco has a great clone out.

folkphys

ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Chapel Hill, NC
The Erlkonigin and here's why:

(of course it's real expensive.....but still)

Durable
Precisely machined and thus perfectly disassemble-able.
Every single part is replaceable
"Open" positive pole option = big airflow, especially with airflow ring removed, which doesn't cause flooding on account of the overall design precision
With the optional 'Nano Kit", she still holds a class-leading ~4mls. Standard tank = ~9mls.
Super easy tool-less and floodless top filling.

Bonus: so far, most of its clones tend to be on the Utter-Lee Schitt E. side of things, which in my opinion points to the ErlK folks' sheer mastery of subminiature machining tolerances, and those tolerances seem to me to be absolutely necessary for the thing to even function somewhat proper-like. And by "proper-like" I mean superbly.

The whole caboodle as described will certainly set you back a pretty pence - especially with the aforementioned "optional' additives included - but that's just the price of what I consider to be a complete set of the most desired Single Coil Tank Attributes all configured together into one perfectly functioning package.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
Both my Erlk clones work very well. I run them without the afc ring and without that wick ring. The big Yiloong holds 8ml. And they are conservative on juice so it really lasts a long time. I know some of them are garbage, but there is a huge clone thread here to help you know what to buy. The OP did say he was willing to buy an authentic though.

jaxgator

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
The paramiters i am looking for are not for me they are for my finance. ..

It has to be a single coil based tank, no messing with dual coils she likes a single 26g macro/micro coil at .75 to 1 ohm ish

It has to hold a days worth of constant moderate vaping ... i would say 5 mils

It has to have good air flow for direct lung inhales but able to crank down at bed time for moulth to lungs

Flavor has to be outstanding or at least up to snuff with a basic dripper .... she uses the zenith double cross now and want a tank cause she is tired of the hastle of dripping ... so i want her to experiance a tank that is up to the task as not to turn her away from them.

It also has to be ... well built like a brick sh#t house case she runs only one mod and only one juice and uses it for everything an brings it everywhere.

Single coil - check!
6ml capacity - check!
Lung hittable - check! (remove afc and or install 2mm posi pole)
Exceptional flavor - check!
Superb build quality - check!

What tank am I decribing? The Erlkonigin of course. Pictured is the Erlprinz ($40) with 21mm SS tank.

erlpss.jpg

snow blind

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2012
PA
I've use dozens and for best to date, greatest of all time all around... have to go with the KFL+!

It's not my absolute favorite... there are other tanks that are better in different areas... but overall in it's simplicity, function, durability, build quality and accessory market... NOTHING comes close.

You can put a KFL+ on an iStick and throw it off a mountain... ON THE MOON... and it will vape perfectly when you pick it up! :p

For satisfaction of deep dripper like vapor and lung hits the SilverPlay is where it's at... take all of the good about the KFL+ and add maybe 8xs the airflow (completely adjustable), dual coils, and the ability to mix and match with Kayfun parts and accessories. Doesn't get any better as far as sub-ohm tanks are concerned IMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread