The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Your Order Has Shipped!!

Discussion in 'Puresmoker' started by Minna, Oct 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. vapn

vapn Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jul 10, 2009
    UK
    LMAO.... Nice one Casey.

2. Gibby

Gibby Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 4, 2009
    Fairfax, VA
    Are you sure it was .25mm? Cause if its .26mm you are effed.
    haha.

Gibby

3. dokebilee

dokebilee Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 1, 2009
    Queens, NY
    Sweet thanks!

4. dokebilee

Mar 1, 2009
    Queens, NY
    haha I have no clue, just looked at the gap once and then I did a measurement on the top of my head.

5. vapn

vapn Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jul 10, 2009
    UK
    Louis,
    Most of my atomizers fit the same way on mine. There is no problem with that gap. That is like that to accommodate for the differences in manufacturers tolerances. You may come across an atomizer that will bottom out and others that will fit like yours.

So like Casey said, "Gaps are good." Make sure you keep it wet and you are good to go... lol...

6. dokebilee

Mar 1, 2009
    Queens, NY
    lol thanks, I'll keep it wet :p

7. M3Tyler

M3Tyler Senior Member ECF Veteran

Sep 28, 2009
    So. Cal
    Got my Protege today as well, can't wait for these batteries to go GREEN! The only downside I can see is that I'll never want to put it down :evil:

8. Trox.Shawn

Trox.Shawn Super Member ECF Veteran

My batteries just turned green! just took my first few hits... very nice... very nice... a little more punch than a normal 510 battery, and the vapor production is great as well

9. lotus14

lotus14 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

May 3, 2009
    Columbia SC
    I got no gap :oops:

Did at first on both adapters (510s) and on both the atty that came with the Protege and an old one. But they wiggled a bit and didn't look quite straight until I tightened them up a bit. Now no gap. Which to me looks much better and so far is working fine.

Very very nice PV :thumbs:

10. seven

seven Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 28, 2009
    Fringe HQ Chicago
    cash/casey - did the 510 adapters come back from the manufacturer yet (to adjust the center posts)?

11. ShinKun

ShinKun Senior Member ECF Veteran

Sep 18, 2009
    Seattle
    Dang! My are still red and as much as I like my Protege it's kinda boring with no power!

12. youtubecommercial

youtubecommercial Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 2, 2009
    Florida
    Got my Protégé today! It is so small and the vapor is AMAZING!! I have sit back in my chair and took a good look at it .. How does something this small and beautiful put out just as much vapor as all my big mods do??? I don't know but it sure does! I am shocked and surprised! This is defiantly a take everywhere mod without compermise... it fits in the palm of my hand without being seen... Just amazing! Great job Steve!

13. lotus14

May 3, 2009
    Columbia SC
    Couldn't agree more. A small, great looking, classy PV that vapes like a beast!

14. Trox.Shawn

I couldn't agree more with you... the size is insane. No matter how many pictures/videos I seen I was still not expecting it to be this size. I cannot put it down very worth the money, and for my first mod to purchase I do not think there could have been any better choice.

Like I said I find the throat hit to be a little more than with my normal 510 battery (I was using my 510 until the batteries charged) but the vapor production is much better. I already took it out to the grocery store, and no one noticed nor did it feel any different from having my 510, with the exception of the better switch and better performance

15. ShinKun

ShinKun Senior Member ECF Veteran

Sep 18, 2009
    Seattle
    OMG! OMG! OMG!

Everything you have read is true!! As soon as my lights turned green I stuck a battery in my Protege and took the atty off the the 510 batt.

WOW!!! What an unbelievable difference! Stunning!

If you are thinking about a getting an e-cig don't waste time with the stock batts. You get over the "need to look and feel like a cigarette" thing real fast and this is more satisfying. And consistent every time!

16. Trox.Shawn

I personally prefer the look over the stock batteries, and honestly there is not much of a size difference.

17. Gibby

Gibby Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 4, 2009
    Fairfax, VA
    Did you know that if you stand beside, and stare at your protege batteries in the charger that they actually charge faster!!!!! Its true, they told me.

Gibby

18. DelMartian

DelMartian Full Member ECF Veteran

Sep 8, 2009
    If you are thinking about a getting an e-cig don't waste time with the stock batts. You get over the "need to look and feel like a cigarette" thing real fast and this is more satisfying. And consistent every time![/quote]

Think about how much money, time and aggrevation you would have saved if you just started out with a Protege. It is exactly what I hoped for when I started vaping.

Of course, if you started out with it, you might not fully appreciate how great it is!

19. lotus14

May 3, 2009
    Columbia SC
    I'm very surprised to find that I agree. The stock batteries look, well, stock. This little beast has style and class. Took all of 5 minutes for me to get comfortable with holding it in my palm and using my thumb on the button. Very natural.

And yeah, it hits and vapes better than a stock 510 batt ever did.

20. adam07specb

adam07specb Full Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 25, 2009
    My Protege showed up around noon EST today and I charged it until the lights went green, and then put a battery in it, and then I i put a 901 Atomizer on it (making sure not to tighten it to hard) and it doesnt work... I tried the other battery and nothing happened, next i tried 4 different atomizers and it still wont work...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.