The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Your Order Has Shipped!!

Discussion in 'Puresmoker' started by Minna, Oct 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. nevergonnaleavetn

nevergonnaleavetn Super Member ECF Veteran

May 2, 2009
    1. Is the battery in correctly... + in toward the atomizer

2. Adapter not overly tight.

3. Fully depress the button

2. adam07specb

adam07specb Full Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 25, 2009
    yes yes and yes

I even tested the batteries on a multimeter and they both tested fine

3. nevergonnaleavetn

May 2, 2009
    Sorry, that's all I got. Since you have a multimeter maybe someone can walk you through checking for current to the adapter. Out of my league I'm afraid. Good luck !!!

4. adam07specb

Jul 25, 2009
    I'm pissed... I have been waiting for this thing all week

5. Gibby

Gibby Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 4, 2009
    Fairfax, VA
    Prob your switch, try pressing it harder. Thats about all the help i can be unfortunately.

Gibby

6. nevergonnaleavetn

May 2, 2009
    I'm sure you're not a happy camper. Maybe Steve or Casey will be on later to help.
    They will take care of you but it sucks that it's friday night.

Have you used e-cigs before?
    Is the atomizer getting warm at all?
    Did you make sure all threads and connections are clean?

7. nevergonnaleavetn

May 2, 2009
    adam07specb, maybe you should start a new thread with the word "help" in the subject line. It's probably gonna get buried here. There are plenty of smart, helpful people here if they know someone needs assistance.

8. vapn

vapn Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jul 10, 2009
    UK
    Exactly what I would suggest. I got mine today and was having the same issue so I put my multimeter on it and found that I have to really mash the hell out of the switch to get it to fire. Hopefully it will break in like my Pass thru did.

Hope this helps you with you sweet little Protege...

9. lotus14

lotus14 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

May 3, 2009
    Columbia SC
    The threads on my adapter on the atty side were stiff at first - I had to snug my atty up pretty tight to get it to fire up at first. After changing attys a few times it's nice and smooth.

Also some people have reported having to press the switch pretty hard, though mine is perfect.

10. adam07specb

Jul 25, 2009
    Yes, i have been vaping for about 6 months
    It wasnt getting power when i tested it on a multimeter, not the switch does nothing and it is always on
    The connections were fine

I sent them a message but it is Friday night so i dont expect a quick reply ( i know i wouldnt give one)

I am going to... My new problem is that now it wont shut off... as soon as i screw the atty on its starts sizzling away (i burnt an atty but i have quite a few so i am not too worried)

I pressed the switch real hard and now it wont shut off :(

The threads were all fine... the atty went right on and i didnt want to over screw it

11. lotus14

May 3, 2009
    Columbia SC
    That sucks. Might try loosening the adapter to get it to shut off. If it starts working great, otherwise I'd take the batt out personally.

Sounds like you've got:
    Probably have to send it in. Hopefully they'll have spares for sale before long.

12. adam07specb

Jul 25, 2009
    If they replace this one i will definitely pick up some spares also... That one really good puff i got off it makes it worth it... I hope the wait isnt too long to get a warrantied replacement in... i have a feeling this thing rocks!!!

13. nevergonnaleavetn

May 2, 2009
    You're feeling is right !!!!

14. lotus14

May 3, 2009
    Columbia SC
    Steve just mentioned in another thread he would put some up on the site this weekend.

And yeah, they do rock!

They seem to be very well built, so I'm not expecting many problems from 'em.

15. Tecratk

Tecratk Senior Member ECF Veteran

I have a small question.. do I need to buy the optional switch housing to use the Prodigy at 6v? Or is the switch housing just for limiting the current to 5v? Thank you.

16. vapn

vapn Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jul 10, 2009
    UK
    Yes you will need the optional switch housing without the resistor to use your Prodigy at 6v. If you get that switch without the resistor you will ALSO be able to use the huge 18650 2500 mAh battery. I actually prefer that battery and really enjoy the freedom to use my Prodigy at what ever voltage I am in the mood for. 3.7 (with the 18650 without resistor), 5v (2- rcr123s with resistor), and 6v (2- rcr123s without resistor)

That 18650 3.7v battery really is strong and puts out a lot more vapor than the regular 3.7v. And it lasts me for a whole day of really heavy vaping.

That switch without resistor was the best purchase I made.

17. Casey@PS

Casey@PS Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Apr 14, 2009
    Nashvegas
    Hey Adam, your switch probably isn't making contact with the adapter. Take the adapter off, batts out, and take a pen with the cap on and push the switch up so the contact is above flush with the tube. Then reattach everything and you should be good to go!

18. M0rbeus

M0rbeus Full Member

Oct 2, 2009
    Upstate, NY
    waiting on my green light!

19. lotus14

May 3, 2009
    Columbia SC
    M0rbeus, you're about to have 2 major problems.

The light won't turn green for what seems like 2 days.
    You won't be able to put the Protege down once it does. :oops:

I know it's hard to believe, but the Protege vapes even better than it looks and feels!

20. M0rbeus

M0rbeus Full Member

Oct 2, 2009
    Upstate, NY
    damn
    so does it take more than 2 hours you think?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.