Status
Not open for further replies.

lotus14

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2009
Columbia SC
damn
so does it take more than 2 hours you think?

I think about 3 1/2 on the first couple charges. It was like watching a tennis match - look left at the gorgeous Protege, look right at the red light. Rinse and repeat. ;-)

I couldn't take it so I left to run some errands and came back to the green light :lol:

adam07specb

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2009

a2dcovert

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2009
Louisiana
It worked well I charged them at 1C.
I use lithium poli and ion batteries in my RC planes and helis.
Started them at .9 amp and as the voltage on the cell went up the charger lowered it down to .1 and then done.

Well I hoped you were using an adjustable charger. You have the right equipment for doing that. I was concerned that someone else might read your post and try that with a standard 7.2 volt charger. You know most of us don't have one of those expensive chargers. I'm into RC but I run nitro monster trucks.

Kevin

M0rbeus

Oct 2, 2009
Upstate, NY
yeah had to get one. i switched all my receivers and transmitters to li-ion and lipo. I can now go an entire season on my radios with 1 charge and fly for 2 days straight on my helis with one charge. little more bulk cuz the cells are bigger and also a regulator but way worth it. will have to switch my nitro car also. that one has not made the switch yet.

seven

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
Fringe HQ Chicago
Ok guys, here's the update.

Orders 20608-20765 are heading out tomorrow. EXCEPT any orders for 510 adapters. We're waiting on a few more to come in (sent them back to replace the center posts with longer ones). If your order is between those #'s and includes ANY 510 ADAPTERS, it will NOT be shipping until they come in.

what about the 510 adapters that had to be replaced with the longer centerposts?

them0nk

ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2009
San Bernardino, CA
It's monday. It's California. USPS Doesn't run today. <insert little kid tantrum here>.

USPS is the suckage. Please switch to UPS or FedEx. I would have paid the difference on mine and I'm sure other people would too. Or give more shipping options to include UPS.

USPS is somewhat unreliable on tracking (OK Completely unreliable).

them0nk

ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2009
San Bernardino, CA
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT Got mine.

Just waiting for a green light...

i wonder if it will charge ONE in the charger faster than TWO... or if it's the same....

not sure why... or if there just hasn't been an updated one, i got a Prodigy Card with my Protege... in which for basic operation is one thing... but the back says some interesting stuff about the battery... i could imagine someone buying the wrong battery or something in the future for it...

go green light go!

lotus14

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2009
Columbia SC
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT Got mine.

Just waiting for a green light...

i wonder if it will charge ONE in the charger faster than TWO... or if it's the same....

not sure why... or if there just hasn't been an updated one, i got a Prodigy Card with my Protege... in which for basic operation is one thing... but the back says some interesting stuff about the battery... i could imagine someone buying the wrong battery or something in the future for it...

go green light go!

I think most of these chargers will charge one battery a bit faster. The second one will be charged before you run down the first :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread