Your Order Has Shipped!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

them0nk

ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2009
San Bernardino, CA
neither of my batteries had Any life, at all.

One did charge faster. pretty damn impressed with the results.

Must not ever get fierce or high liquid again lol... my heart is racing like crazy. haha.

only grip is the button is somewhat hard to get to fire, and that the size difference to have used the 18500 battery would have been .2 inches bigger on the diameter, which wouldn't have been That much bigger, and would probably triple the battery life (900mah to 2700mah i believe)

The threads on the adapter seem to have been machined under tolerance. they fit lose and will definitely get worn out fast. (i ran a lathe, bridgeport, and a haas CNC mill at a machine shop for 3 years, i know what loosey goosey threads feel like, cut some loose threads in my day...) I don't know what their process is in making the adapter is, so blaming it on PS would be benign, it could be a part they insert from another mfg. If not... casey go yell at your mfg!

all and all I'm really happy so far :D

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2008
USA
only grip is the button is somewhat hard to get to fire, and that the size difference to have used the 18500 battery would have been .2 inches bigger on the diameter, which wouldn't have been That much bigger, and would probably triple the battery life (900mah to 2700mah i believe)

But that is .2 in diameter ... in the PV world, that is a HUGE difference. Especially when you can replace an 18500 with (2) CR2's ... Would have made the Protege much beefier ;)

You should check the ID tolerance on a protected battery ... there pretty much is none ;) LOL

Plus, the 18500's from Tenergy (who I go through) are only 1300mAh ... All of 400 more mA than a 14500 .... If it was 2000+ mAh ... I may have thought about it .... :D

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2008
USA
The threads on the adapter seem to have been machined under tolerance. they fit lose and will definitely get worn out fast. (i ran a lathe, bridgeport, and a haas CNC mill at a machine shop for 3 years, i know what loosey goosey threads feel like, cut some loose threads in my day...) I don't know what their process is in making the adapter is, so blaming it on PS would be benign, it could be a part they insert from another mfg. If not... casey go yell at your mfg!

m0nk ... The brass or the 303?

a2dcovert

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2009
Louisiana
The threads on the adapter seem to have been machined under tolerance. they fit lose and will definitely get worn out fast.

I don't know what their process is in making the adapter is, so blaming it on PS would be benign, it could be a part they insert from another mfg.

all and all I'm really happy so far :D

You must not own a stock e-cig. Now there is some sloppy tolerances.

Kevin

them0nk

ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2009
San Bernardino, CA
the brass... where the atty connects, all 3 of my attys including the one from u guys seemed loose... i was sort of afraid to tighten the thing down all the way cause of it... but it works... just wont be rough with it...

and my memory was jacked its the 18650 that i saw that was a 2600mah but its a little longer than the 18500 i think... any which way... all i was shooting at is a slightly bigger device could be a huge amount of battery

I'm betting there is a cool way to make a 5v device small like the protege somehow... i don't know anything about the battery sizes though...

i do own a normal dse801 kit and a smoking everywhere gold... they didn't feel loose

i'm really not trying to give you all a hard time its just in my nature to micro-analyze things... being a machinist RUINED me cause i always think of how to improve things or find things wrong...

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2008
USA
and my memory was jacked its the 18650 that i saw that was a 2600mah but its a little longer than the 18500 i think... any which way... all i was shooting at is a slightly bigger device could be a huge amount of battery

i'm really not trying to give you all a hard time its just in my nature to micro-analyze things... being a machinist RUINED me cause i always think of how to improve things or find things wrong...

18650 is WAYYYYY bigger than a 14500 or 18500 ... 2 very different beasts ... LOL .... The Prodigy Barely fits an 18650 :)

Hey, i'm all about micro-analyzing things ... Its what makes us and our products better :) Reason for the tolerance is do to several factors, including a long range of different types of manufacturers of atomizer. We kept things as *open* as possible to suit every atomizer made, and I believe, we pretty much have :)

lotus14

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2009
Columbia SC
the brass... where the atty connects, all 3 of my attys including the one from u guys seemed loose... i was sort of afraid to tighten the thing down all the way cause of it... but it works... just wont be rough with it...

I'm betting there is a cool way to make a 5v device small like the protege somehow... i don't know anything about the battery sizes though...

i do own a normal dse801 kit and a smoking everywhere gold... they didn't feel loose

A tendency to analyze or have a good critical eye hardly qualifies you as ruined! Quite the opposite - great skills if you know how to use 'em :thumb:

As for a smaller 5v device, I think Steve is about to show us a great one in the Prodigy V2. Bigger than the Protege or course - it has to be if you want decent battery life. But I'm betting he's going to push the size down pretty hard from anything we've seen before and still have good battery life.

No pressure Steve. ;-)

seven

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
Fringe HQ Chicago
Got my Batteries yesterday....

now where's my protege (order 20762) j/k.... ill be patiently waiting till those darn 510 adapter come in.

Casey must feel like this after my emails back and forth --->
lalala.gif

them0nk

ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2009
San Bernardino, CA
A tendency to analyze or have a good critical eye hardly qualifies you as ruined! Quite the opposite - great skills if you know how to use 'em :thumb:

As for a smaller 5v device, I think Steve is about to show us a great one in the Prodigy V2. Bigger than the Protege or course - it has to be if you want decent battery life. But I'm betting he's going to push the size down pretty hard from anything we've seen before and still have good battery life.

No pressure Steve. ;-)

all the pressure is on Steve. Cough Cough... oops i mean We're counting on you Steve... i mean No pressure Steve... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread