Your thoughts needed - new vaper who has limited income and likes 6 volts

Status
Not open for further replies.

alisab

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2010
WI
I am helping someone purchase her first PV she has $200 to cover what she needs to begin and would expect to spend about $20 per month thereafter for juice and an occasional atty/carto and batts needed. She has been trying out my equipment and seems to more and more enjoy a higher voltage vape. She has used a P18 (loves it) and a cameleon (loves the button) and a Reo Grand. At first I had her vaping a P18 at 3.7 with an 18650 battery and a 2.8 ohm ce2 and also trying the others at 6 volt- over the last few days she has commented a few times that 3.7 isn't strong enough so I am afraid that 3.7 won't satisfy her any longer, though a 5 volt might work fine or even a vv. If she goes to mods she will need it all: the batts and a charger and attys/cartos and juices too enough to last about 1 month or 6 wks.

I want this to work for her and want your ideas and feedback to better help her. She doesn't have easy access to the internet either or I would have had her reading the forum and asking her own questions.

beetlespin

Oct 22, 2010
Al
I don't think it has to be a tube mod - she started eyeing my reo, especially liking the bottom feed aspect. As far a a Provari isn't that way to much $ for her budget? Don't give up though!

ProVari Variable Voltage with Digital Display - Lead time 3 weeks
1 MultiCharger/510 Cartomizers 5 pack of 510 Cartomizers3ohms/ Two 18490 AW IMR Batteries COST WITH SHIPPING $200.40 iF you add 510 atty 7.50 more

Last edited:

alisab

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2010
WI
Hi thanks for the replies so far - no, I don't have a 5 volt but I feel it is a possible fit since she did like the 3.7 with a LR type of carto (CE2) and was only recently saying - she wanted more. Also 6 volt isn't a true 6 volt especially when the batts have been used a bit. I don't think she would hate a 6 volt either and she could adjust by choosing diff attys etc too. I do think a vv is a good way to enter into this especially since she has had some HV vamping already. I am surprised that the Provari is as reasonable as you posted above - it might be an option for her yet. Still if she could have some wiggle room (re: $) she could get more than 1 atty and some juice too. I will run the provari by her though.

ScottinSoCal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 19, 2010
ProVari Nirvana
I will run the provari by her though.

If it's possible with her budget, I'd say go for it. I love mine. 5V is too much for me, but I hover between 4.0 and 4.5, depending on the juice and carto/tank. The nice thing about the ProVari is it can adjust as she adapts and as her other hardware changes.

cuseguy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2010
Texas USA
A Provari with 2 batteries and charger costs about $200 alone (I know, just ordered one). My first HV was a GLV-2 5V and it is still one of my favorites. You can get for around a $130 and they last forever. But really for the money, The Infinity fits that budget perfectly. Variable voltage for $100 delivered with 2 batts and a charger. Can't beat that bang for the buck

Last edited:

Scottitude

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2010
Metro Detroit
scottitude.net
Unfortunately, no; GLVs are either 3.7v, 5v, or 6v. The 3.7v & 5v models have resistors installed in the head-caps. You could theoretically get a 3.v Mini (but they're out of stock) and an extra GLV body (holds two batteries) and use the Mini head-cap to get a 6v vape.

The advantage of the atty placement is more of an advantage of the button placement. Since it's on the top of the battery tube, it can't accidentally fire while it's in your pocket or a case. It's also a natural ergonomic position, like the "fire" button on a joystick.

Some people prefer side or bottom mount buttons but they can be problematic.

Variable voltage units may be a little temperamental for new vapers, however if variable voltage appeals to you and your friend, the Infinity ∞ from Notcigs is much more affordable (and a little more basic) than the Provari.

Last edited:

beetlespin

Oct 22, 2010
Al
Imo would stay away from the Infinity. It has some problem like battiers don't fit unless you roll them to make them smaller "mashing the insides" O_O. Some of them also have draw problem that people are having to send them back. It cheap but it has had some problems.

Just go to notcigs in the forum and do some reading before buying.

Last edited:

beetlespin

Oct 22, 2010
Al
Yep, that's kind of what I meant by "temperamental". I've also read of some Provari issues as well; no new product is perfect but progress is good and both Notcigs and Provape seem to have have been diligent on making sure their customers are taken care of.

Only 2 issues I know of was provari. One was lo battery would go off to soon which has been fix and second one some people don't like the lo battery flashing. And they are working on second one so people can turn it off if they want to. Second one is more of a choice then a problem imo. But it still could be used.

One Guy that i seen post on the forum got one that was bad and they sent a new one right to him before he even had to send the old one back now that customer service.

alisab

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2010
WI
Thank you all for your excellent recomendations, I am aware that every one of the companies mentioned stand behind their products - all have great reputations. I was thinking of getting an infinity myself but I was disappointed in the final "look" of it - the huge infinity symbol. I have heard that there have been hiccups with the unit so I figured I'd wait for a while and let them iron it all out. Thanks too for explaining the thinking behind the GLV atty placement - now it makes sense. To vv or not vv, that is the question - I was thinking that it could be something that might make getting the right amount of TH easier for her, she simply doesn't have the $ to do much experimenting - but I would help her there a bit myself. I like the pv "standards" too because they are "ironed out" simple and reliable. That is why I wanted you all to respond so that she could have access to your thoughts and reasoning too. I really appreciate this discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread