Your Thoughts on MV's USA juices

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garnoch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2010
NYC
Sometimes when we FINALLY find our all day vapes, we start to slow down on testing juice. Sometimes though I think I'm getting a little tired of my two main vapes so I was seriously curious what everyone thought about some of these USA juices. So to kick this thread off, I though I'd start testing some. With my latest order, I ordered some small bottles of MAR BLEND, BIG COUNTRY, HAVANNA & ISLAND BLEND. I usually test on Sidesho atomizers but I'm considering testing these with 902 cartomizers. Either way, I'll post back with my thoughts - not full fledged reviews because I don't like writing subjective juice reviews. Love reading them though.

Subservient

Jul 28, 2011
Afghanistan
I currently have three flavors of MV. Their PG/VG Cherry, PG RY4 and PG Energy Cow. These are all very fresh, having just come out of the package about 14 hours ago. If the flavors change as they steep, I'll post back here with further thoughts.
As of now, their standings are Cherry in first, Energy Cow in a close second, with the RY4 in a distant third.

The cherry is pleasant as long as you like the flavor of cherry syrup. Its not candy cherry, but it is sweet. Kinda reminds me of cherry cough syrup, which I like the flavor of. Throat hit is good, with long drags off the passthrough making me cough a bit if I go too long. Without anything else to compare it against besides my other two flavors, its good, but not great. 4/5

Energy cow is an enigma. My nose says YEAH! That's the energy drink you have mainlined while playing Call of Duty! My mouth says something a little different though. I don't know if its the sweetener used in the liquids, but it has the same hint of cough syrup that the cherry has, but definitely tastes something like the energy drink. If you've ever had Red Bull with ice and let it sit a couple minutes too long, that is the exact flavor it makes me think of. Throat hit is heavier than the cherry, and you can really tell when you inhale just a bit too much when it hits you like a scratchy board to the back of the throat. Very tasty, but that medicine undertone is what's getting me. Again, good but not great. 3.9/5

RY4. What can I say about you. Im trying to like the fluids I've got, because they're all I've got for a few more weeks, but this one just isn't cutting it. The description says its a smooth smoky blend of tobacco, vanilla and caramel. That sounds like sex in vapor, but I don't get any of those things besides smooth when I'm vaping this. It tastes like brown sugar somewhat with an overbearing flavor of something else. I don't know what that flavor is, but it makes me cringe a little. Its almost half-sweet, I guess, as I can tell that the sweetness is there. I don't get even a hint of the three primary flavors, be it tobacco (burnt or fresh), vanilla or caramel. Even the brown sugar flavor is the minor flavor in the mix that I taste. That overbearing almost chemical taste is the one that's putting me off the worst. I can't really judge throat hit, as I can't get myself to take a big enough puff of the stuff but it seems smooth from what I can get. Is it vapable? Yes, but only as an emergency vape. I'm hoping and praying that it gets better with age, because as of now, I have 60ml of stuff that I don't think anyone would really enjoy. As it stands, I won't be ordering this particular blend again unless it ages very, very well. Overall 1.5/5.

Garnoch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2010
NYC
Thanks for those! I actually like the Energy Cow more than the drink but don't vape it much. I'm honestly not sure I've tried their PG RY4. I've very interested in the Cherry though because its their own USA blend and I haven't had it yet which surprises me now that I think about it because I've tried just about every Cherry out there trying to find that cherry tobacco taste. I haven't found it yet and it probably will never happen but I like cherry anyway. Nice to hear about the TH and vapor.

Subservient

Jul 28, 2011
Afghanistan
An update for the RY4 flavor.
After letting the RY4 sit for around a week (and running out of my other two flavors), I decided to give it another chance. To my surprise, the chemical taste is almost completely gone. Its flavor to me can be described as slightly nutty and sweet, but other than that there isn't much to it. They're both very light flavors, so its kinda hard to get a bead on them. Vapor production is far less than the Cherry and Energy Cow I've been vaping, but still there and throat hit is severely weak unless I can get the carto warm to the touch. I don't know if this stuff has a slightly higher vaporization point or what, but initial puffs are almost always lacking. These improvements are a good thing, but its still not up to snuff with the other two. Revised score: 2.5/5

Update on Cherry:
As this stuff steeps, it gets much better. After even a few days, the flavor starts going from the cough syrup to a more candy type flavor, and I suspect that it would have gotten better, but I vaped this stuff with abandon and have run out. 20 ml lasted me about 3 and a half days of heavy vaping.

Update on Energy cow:
This stuff is great as long as you keep your carto cool. If you get it too hot, it takes on a bitter taste that ruins the flavor and it seems to persist in the cartos. I ruined a fill up by keeping my auto battery attached and walking in the wind, resulting in not only a dead battery but a cooked cart of energy cow. I made sure that I hadn't burnt the filler by taking one of my empty cartos and doing a fresh fill, and then vaping heavilly for about an hour. As soon as the carto starts to get warm to the touch, the flavor changes. Odd, but as long as you don't vape like a mad man, its woderful. I have a feeling that this stuff will go very well with some of the new Dual Coil carts that MV is selling, seeing as they should burn cooler.

That's all I've got for now. I'll keep y'all updated as I learn more.
Cheers

Garnoch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2010
NYC
Thanks for the update! I have one myself for the following MV USA PG/VG 18mg juice (MAR BLEND, BIG COUNTRY, HAVANNA & ISLAND BLEND).

I'm not good with juice reviews and they are very subjective so I'll simplify the way I talk about these. The good news is that these are all unique flavors, form each other and other juice i've used - and I must have 200 bottles of barely used juice in my house haha. More good news is that the vapor production is daily impressive. The other good news for some of you but bad news for me, is that these are light on throat hit. I expect that the vapor and TH is qualities are due to the VG in the juice. My least favorite is the MAR BLEND. Then again, a lot of people love the Halo original classic tobacco flavors and I don't. I prefer the MV's PG USA MIX over MAR BLEND, which used to be named after Marlboro as well. I enjoyed the flavors of HAVANNA & BIG COUNTRY though, and I loved the flavor of ISLAND BLEND. I usually can't pinpoint what flavors juice actually taste like, but I tasted some fruit in the ISLAND BLEND. Very interesting. For what its worth, I think I taste almost a carbonated pepsi in the BIG COUNTRY and a touch of spice to the HAVANNA. Again, very interesting and very good. MAR BLEND maybe had a slight nutty taste. So, three of four of these I'd vape on a daily basis if the had more throat hit. But I know a lot of people like trying different tobacco blends and prefer vapor production over TH. So those people may find at least one of these that they love as a daily vape. Good luck, everyone.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread