Your Thoughts on Offroad Los

Status
Not open for further replies.

WerkIt

ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2009
I have refused to purchase anything by Offroad, at least as far as portions go, due to bad reviews by those who have used Offroad portions (although the cheap price of it worried me as well). However, the los seems to come HIGHLY recommended. On my last order, I ordered ten cans of assorted los, one of which was Offroad Cranberry los. I have been enjoying this snus VERY much. The smell, texture and FLAVOR is incredible. It is easily shaped, so works perfectly for even micro-hits (smaller hits than mini-portions). I am so glad I tried it based on the very good reviews of others and would most certainly buy it again. Offroad Licorice los also comes very highly recommended, so I have added that to the list for my next order.

For those of you who have used Offroad los, particularly in other flavors aside from cranberry or licorice, what are you thoughts on the los? What are you favorite flavors of Offroad los or what other flavors of Offroad los would you recommend?

Stubby

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2009
Madison, WI USA
I haven't been doing a lot of loose as of late, and when I did I was using the roll your own method using lipton tea bags. I suspect I'll be getting back into loose in the future in a bigger way. Very inexpensive way to do it.

The OR Licorice loose is very good. A rich black licorice flavor with none of the sweetness. If you like licorice your gonna love it. The Wintergreen was good, though different from the General WG. Hard to put into words what the difference is. If you like General WG it's worth a try. The Icemint was some foul stuff. One of the few cans of snus I threw out (the others were GR #2 and discreet original). Some people like it, so go figure.

I thought the cranberry portions were okay, and I recently got a can of OR Licorice portions that I haven't opened yet. This stuff is cheap enough to try um all. If you don't like something you're not out to much.

WerkIt

ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2009
Very inexpensive way to do it.

True that, but also:

1. Less burn - I think because it's not necessary to process the baccy to pass through portion material.

2. Less salt

The OR Licorice loose is very good. A rich black licorice flavor with none of the sweetness. If you like licorice your gonna love it.

SOLD!

The Icemint was some foul stuff. One of the few cans of snus I threw out (the others were GR #2 and discreet original).

I will check the reviews of Icemint. What was the issue with GR #2? Did you not like the juniper flavor? Was the GR #2 los or portion? I haven't messed with Discreet and am not sure I ever will at this point.

This stuff is cheap enough to try um all. If you don't like something you're not out to much.

True that. I really like to hear the opinions of others and buy carefully. I have yet to toss any snus that I personally selected, although I did trade that one can of Thunder ES, which was WAY too strong for my tastes, but that was tossed into an order as a free can. I NEVER would have ordered it myself.

WerkIt

ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2009
Cheap is fine but honestly I would prefer to go quality over quantity.

That's one of the main reasons I had avoided Offroad up to this point. However, so many raved about the los, in time, I couldn't resist.

OR seems to be the grizzly of snus, cheap and well cheap.

I personally wouldn't touch the portions, but I am beginning to wonder if I will ever again mess with portions at all.

Stubby

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2009
Madison, WI USA
I will check the reviews of Icemint. What was the issue with GR #2? Did you not like the juniper flavor? Was the GR #2 los or portion? I haven't messed with Discreet and am not sure I ever will at this point.

Yes, it was the juniper, and it was portions. I think GR #2 is a love it or hate it type of snus.

In my last order from getsnus I got a free can of GR #1. I haven't cracked it open as of yet, but I swear just looking at the can made me queasy, a bit week in the knees, and funny gurgling noises in the stomach. When I'm feeling unusually brave I'll try it.

I have some interesting loose and portion that was shipped yesterday from northerner.

Get snus shipped also I cant wait to delve into los Oden.

Got some interesting samples from RJR for free.

Looked like a cross between and fruit roll up and a fresh strip. Interesting. also a toothpick like version.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread