Your thoughts on the vision eternity?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vapalicious1100

Apr 3, 2013
France
I was thinking about getting a new toy, so I looked at my local B&M's website and I saw the vision eternity. It seems perfect to me, I really want to start building coils, and it will also look nice on my eGos. But it does seem like a pricey little thing at 22€, which is about 30$ for all the Americans on the forum. But as I said, it seems like a cool new toy, I just thought I would run it by the forum first to make sure no one has had any bad experiences with this device. And just one more issue, I don't have any mods (yet) so I won't be able to check the resistance of any coils I build. Will this be a problem or can I simply adjust my twists until it tastes right?

Any replies are appreciated :)

Anne99

Verified Member
Jun 26, 2013
Virginia
I love the Vision Eternity, I only use it as a dripping atomizer. I tried the tank configuration but did not like the plastic or the draw on it. This is the only rebuildable I have so far and it has been great. I am using it now as a matter of fact! You will need something to check resistance though. My understanding is that it is not safe otherwise. The other thing I like about it is the cooler drawl when dripping. The length gives the vapor more time to cool down and I prefer that but you may or may not!

Good luck!

jandrew

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2013
Winnipeg
I have two of the Vision ET's and have no problems with them -- easy to use, easy to rebuild. Get a multi-meter -- you can make sure you are in the Ohm range you want and nothing is shorted (a multi-meter is cheaper than frying batteries, or worse).

Fasttech recently listed an Eternity clone (actually more like a Venus clone) for a reasonable price:
$13.12 Eternity Electronic Cigarette Rebuildable Atomizer - 1.8-2.4
I'll probably order one of these sometime just to see how it compares.

UncleChuck

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
Portland
And then hated it some more after my posts got loose.

This.

The posts on the et are garbage. To secure your wire you are forced to press down a little block onto the posts. Doing this over and over will loosen the post, and the positive will start shorting out against the base. There is no way to fix this once it happens, and your $30 atty is shot due to a tiny design flaw.

Aside from that, it's plated brass, not stainless steel. You are also severely limited on what gauge wire you can use due to the blocks on the posts. The vape is extremely cold because there is such a huge distance for the vapor to travel, and this also mutes flavor quite a bit.

If you really really like how it looks, or really really need the option of a tank (a janky ego-t tank at that) then you might be able to get over the other issues. But there is still the issue with longevity and durability. Mine crapped out after maybe 10 coils? I don't know, it's been awhile. Doesn't seem much point in getting an RBA that has a known fault which will render in inoperable.

For the price, you could get four or five higher quality drippers from Fasttech. Even if you buy locally (or local online I mean) you could still probably get at least a few drippers for the price of the et, and they will be better quality. I know here in the states things like the Igo-L, Igo-W, Chimbus, and other cheap but quality drippers can be had for about half the price of the ET. I'd imagine the costs would be similar to you as well.

Overall, it doesn't perform terrible. I hate cold vapes, but that's personal preference. What isn't personal preference is the stupid binding posts and blocks, they are a weak point, and would be a deal breaker for any RDA I was looking at, regardless of how nice anything else was about it (and the et has very little nice about it IMHO)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread