Status
Not open for further replies.

RuDawg7890

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
Sinking Spring, PA, USA
That is awesome, thank you for telling me Rudawg!

from my galaxy s4

You're welcome!
I emailed AiV once to ask about their ratios. I love some of her flavors, but I have the PG sensitivity. She wasn't willing to share, and recommend that we try "Alice" style first, but any ratio could be requested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
You're welcome!
I emailed AiV once to ask about their ratios. I love some of her flavors, but I have the PG sensitivity. She wasn't willing to share, and recommend that we try "Alice" style first, but any ratio could be requested.

What is "Alice" style? I know the flavors I got said they were 100% VG including flavorings or I would not have tried them. BTW I got their sampler pack and they are only 3ml. I don't know about you, but that's not really enough to put a juice through it's paces. Some liquids are really changed by the equipment.

What I do is the toughest test of all; ego with ce4 clearo/evod/aro. I still grab those to throw in my purse and run out the door with. Simple, easy, lightweight and brainless. IMO that's the test eliquids need to pass. All eliquids taste better dripping or in a rebuildable, so I don't really get that one (other's do it too).

The one I haven't tried yet is HHV's purity line and I hear they do their own extractions. Potion Vapes is another one I haven't tried yet either.

There's one I've heard has excellent vanilla's and that's Quackers (?). Has anyone tried that one?

Another one that's worthwhile is Nude Nicotine. They also do their own extractions plus you can buy the flavoring on the side which allows you to customize with extra flavor shots or mix 'em up. I also like the fact their flavors are really concentrates in that most are mixed at lower than 5%. Nature Flavors (as an example) requires up to 20% or more.

Otherwise many of these 100% VG lines are sourcing their flavors from similar manufacturers because their aren't too many with PG free flavors.

There's a blog that lists PG free eliquid manufacturers.

Last edited:

RuDawg7890

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
Sinking Spring, PA, USA
What is "Alice" style? I know the flavors I got said they were 100% VG including flavorings or I would not have tried them. BTW I got their sampler pack and they are only 3ml. I don't know about you, but that's not really enough to put a juice through it's paces. Some liquids are really changed by the equipment.

What I do is the toughest test of all; ego with ce4 clearo/evod/aro. I still grab those to throw in my purse and run out the door with. Simple, easy, lightweight and brainless. IMO that's the test eliquids need to pass. All eliquids taste better dripping or in a rebuildable, so I don't really get that one (other's do it too).

The one I haven't tried yet is HHV's purity line and I hear they do their own extractions. Potion Vapes is another one I haven't tried yet either.

There's one I've heard has excellent vanilla's and that's Quackers (?). Has anyone tried that one?

Another one that's worthwhile is Nude Nicotine. They also do their own extractions plus you can buy the flavoring on the side which allows you to customize with extra flavor shots or mix 'em up. I also like the fact their flavors are really concentrates in that most are mixed at lower than 5%. Nature Flavors (as an example) requires up to 20% or more.

Otherwise many of these 100% VG lines are sourcing their flavors from similar manufacturers because their aren't too many with PG free flavors.

IIRC, AiV is not 100% VG, but they are 100% all natural. "Alice style" is what she believes is the best ratio for optimal flavor of each juice. The FAQ page at vapeland says they are higher on the VG side, but you can request your own preferred ratios.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Arch

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2014
United States
casaa.org
I've had the same juice rotation for awhile now, and all of them are high VG for dripping.

- 'Nana Cream (Max VG) - Bombies
- Polar Bear (Max VG) - Grizzlyvapes
- Honey Pearry (70VG/30PG) - The Vapor Chef

Honey Pearry was always my favorite juice to vape in tanks, so I was hesitant to get it in a higher VG mix in fear that it'd lose it's taste. Let's just say, it didn't.

~Sue~Feb2012

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2012
USA
You can request AiV in 100vg?!?! That is the best news ever! If that is true, I'm going to be up tonight ordering me some Afternoon Tea!!!

from my galaxy s4

Yes, their PG/VG ratios are super secret, but you can request any ratio in the comments of your order, including 100%VG!

I was under the impression that their flavors are PG-based, so even asking for 100%VG, still would get PG in the flavors. Which is it? TIA:)

PirateHooligan86

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2014
Florida
I don't see anything about VG/PG levels in Vaping Rabbit. That's a PIA. I get tired of emailing asking for the most basic ingredients. Grrrr. No eliquid is that good.

Everything I've ordered from The Vaping Rabbit has "99.9% VG" listed on the bottle if that helps, lol. The same for all 8 flavors that I've gotten from them so far.

Last edited:

~Sue~Feb2012

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2012
USA

I tried QUACKERS Gizzard juice and it has some PG. They were kind enough to send me a sample when I emailed and asked about PG/VG, saying that they had about 5% PG at most. I thought I'd give them a try but nope, even 5% PG gives me burning, swelling, itching, etc. and almost as bad as if it was lots more :(

All the HHV 100%VG purity line were good for me and I pretty much liked them all. I'll reorder from them and AVEjuice occasionally, when I want/need those flavors and my own DIY doesn't satisfy those cravings lol.

+1 for the nude nic flavors. I have about 15 now and like most of those in my DIY's. Good stuff.

~Sue~Feb2012

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2012
USA
I forgot to add, I've recently tried tetra vape and killer liquid , both offer 100%VG. Killer only has about 5 in the lineup and are fruit/citrus flavors and I've tried the blood spatter and Freddy's dream. (weird/creepy names IMO lol).

Tetra has both alcohol and non-alcohol based but, oddly, I think I have bought all the organic flavors for my DIY arsenal that they are using, except for the tobacco flavors they offer (I don't do my own extractions). I get a kind of eugenol effect...a numbing sensation as if too much cloves or something. I'm letting them steep before I say more though.

Thundernoggin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2014
MI
I was under the impression that their flavors are PG-based, so even asking for 100%VG, still would get PG in the flavors. Which is it? TIA:)

Mine was max VG, not 100% VG. I am PG sensitive and the 4 I tried max VG did not bother me at all. Here are the details from their website.

Q: What are your PG/VG ratios and do you make custom PG/VG ratios, or off-list nicotine concentrations?

A: We optimize the PG/VG ratio for each flavor, but in general, most of our Juices are higher on the VG side, with a few exceptions. And If you have an allergy to PG, we are happy to make your liquid >90% VG. Please mention any special instructions when you are ordering. We’re happy to accommodate your specific needs by offering step-down nicotine concentrations. We can do extremely low nicotine concentrations as well (e.g. 2mg).

I don't see anything about VG/PG levels in Vaping Rabbit. That's a PIA. I get tired of emailing asking for the most basic ingredients. Grrrr. No eliquid is that good.

Drives me nuts too. No excuse for it and I won't buy it because of that.

Last edited:

~Sue~Feb2012

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2012
USA
Mine was max VG, not 100% VG. I am PG sensitive and the 4 I tried max VG did not bother me at all. Here are the details from their website.

Drives me nuts too. No excuse for it and I won't buy it because of that.

Ditto. Max VG meaning it has 10%PG is waaaay too much PG for me. I keep seeing people say you can ask for all VG but they fail to mention it means you still get 10% PG, yikes!

EKat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2013
USA
I'd really love all your recommendations for great, STRONGER-tasting juices here. A week after cutting out as much PG as possible, I'm still having trouble with taste. KIND seems to be the strongest flavors I've had so far.

I always ask the vendor for double flavor and they do it if they can...highbrow does for sure and is great!

PennyLynn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 28, 2014
Rockledge, FL, USA
Penny have you had Velvet Cloud Vapor??, their flavors are delightfully strong to me. I am a flavor junkie...

from my galaxy s4

Actually, no. I got Sour Skittles and Night Shift locally, and I don't get much of anything from either of them. I am hoping I'm still in "recovery."

~Sue~Feb2012

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2012
USA
Penny have you had Velvet Cloud Vapor??, their flavors are delightfully strong to me. I am a flavor junkie...

from my galaxy s4

Actually, no. I got Sour Skittles and Night Shift locally, and I don't get much of anything from either of them. I am hoping I'm still in "recovery."

In late Nov. (maybe early-December) I bought 6 flavors from them, (Choc. Pudding, Night Shift, Maple Mountain Vanilla Custard, Mewlew's Magic and Campfire) which all were vague tasting at first. However, after about 2 months just sitting on the shelf, they became too strong for me. (All became very dark brown in color and Too sweet as well, but I can dilute with my DIY nic base.)

~Sue~Feb2012

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2012
USA

Thundernoggin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2014
MI

You probably still are in recovery as I've found Velvet Cloud to have strong flavor as well. I am cotton wicking my Protank Mini heads though so equipment could make a difference also.

chapeltown

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2013
United States
Equipment makes a massive difference...and so often you don't even realize it until you expand your horizon. . For example, even though I love my drippers, the Protank is still my go to topper. I had absolutely no idea how much silica affects taste until I started rebuilding with cotton. I love the cotton wick so much in fact that I only throw stock coils in there if I am out of rebuilds and don't have time to use anything else.

from my galaxy s4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread