Your Top 3 Tasty Vapor Flavors!

Status
Not open for further replies.

feebee

ECF Veteran
May 9, 2010
South of Sydney, Australia
This Almond Horn sampler that I got should of had plenty of time to age, and it is not that it has a bad taste. I just don't see that it really has a taste at all. I even added nicotine to it to see if that would help. It is the color of water. Should it have a color to it? I seem to go for the milder flavors like tastyfinger and caramel popcorn, but I need a little flavor, lol. Oh well, I surely didn't need another favorite, lol. I have plenty of TV favorites to spend my money on. I was just to figure out what all the fuss was about, because so many people seem to love it.:blink:

Hailey, I'm just wondering where you got your sampler from? I'm thinking if it wasn't directly from TV (& they don't do samplers) it *may* have been cut with VG/PG, or even mislabelled...

I admit that when I first tried AH, I didn't taste much either, but now it is pretty much my favourite all-day vape. It is subtle, but in a yummy, creamy almond sort of way - reminds me of an almond puff pastry with cream (although apparently a 'real' almond horn is a little different) If it helps any, both caramel popcorn & tastyfinger are a couple of my favourites, & the AH is a similar sort of subtle/mild.

The colour of yours has me wondering too. It definately should not be clear. Mine is a medium to dark amber sort of colour. I know that nic will darken with exposure to oxygen, but I don't think it could have been *that* light to start.

VaporingQueen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2010
Virginia
Hailey, I'm just wondering where you got your sampler from? I'm thinking if it wasn't directly from TV (& they don't do samplers) it *may* have been cut with VG/PG, or even mislabelled...

I admit that when I first tried AH, I didn't taste much either, but now it is pretty much my favourite all-day vape. It is subtle, but in a yummy, creamy almond sort of way - reminds me of an almond puff pastry with cream (although apparently a 'real' almond horn is a little different) If it helps any, both caramel popcorn & tastyfinger are a couple of my favourites, & the AH is a similar sort of subtle/mild.

The colour of yours has me wondering too. It definitely should not be clear. Mine is a medium to dark amber sort of colour. I know that nic will darken with exposure to oxygen, but I don't think it could have been *that* light to start.

Hailey got the sample from me and it was not cut or messed with in anyway. I don't understand it either, It is clear and I can't get a flavor pop out of it either but I thought it was just me since a swear by the A/C and I have to have extra strong flavors to be happy. On another note Belletrist tried it and loved it.

feebee

ECF Veteran
May 9, 2010
South of Sydney, Australia
Hailey got the sample from me and it was not cut or messed with in anyway. I don't understand it either, It is clear and I can't get a flavor pop out of it either but I thought it was just me since a swear by the A/C and I have to have extra strong flavors to be happy. On another note Belletrist tried it and loved it.

Ok, through the co-op then. Sorry, got me beat why it's different! :)

Maybe being such a subtle flavour, we all pick it up differently - my girlfriend doesn't get much taste from it either, but she is still on the analogs at times too. Still not sure why the colour difference though....

VaporingQueen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2010
Virginia
Belletrist came over today and she had some Almond Horn with her so I tried hers on a brand new atty and got the same thing as I had gotten before. I think it is a personal thing with taste buds, mine just screams for A/C all the time and now with a side of Tasty Vapors Cherry Cola, Lord that is the good stuff!!!

Poeia

Bird Brain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
NYC
Alphabetical

Caramel Popcorn/Tastyfinger (I don't know whether they stimulate the same taste buds or what it is, but these two are related for me. They don't taste the same but if I get a craving for one of them, I can grab a carto of either to fulfill it.)

Mint Chocolate Chip

Peppermint Raspberry - together or separately
I've had a carto of Peach Cobbler in my mouth pretty much full time for the last two days. If I have to kick one off to make room for it in my top 3, MCC goes.

haileymadison

ECF Veteran
Apr 21, 2010
indiana

The colour of yours has me wondering too. It definately should not be clear. Mine is a medium to dark amber sort of colour. I know that nic will darken with exposure to oxygen, but I don't think it could have been *that* light to start.

It was from the co-op, so it was a doubler. I even added quite a bit of nicotine to it and the color is still clear a week later. Oh well, I have several tasty vapor favorites. I just wanted to taste what all the fuss is about, and I couldn't taste a thing. I may as well been vaping water. I guess maybe it is my taste buds. I like the mellower vapes. I can't vape AC and even the Cherry Cola is too much for me these days. Everyone's taste buds are different. I am sure years of smoking took its toll. I didn't care for the Blueberry cheesecake a month ago and today I love it, so go figure. I will try the Almond Horn in a couple of weeks and see if there is any change.

I just received Boston Cream Pie a couple of days ago and I am not getting too much out of that one either and everyone is raving about that one too. I love the Banana Cream and it is full of flavor. I realize I need to let it age, but I tend to have problems detecting vanilla in anything too.

Last edited:

redgirl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brunswick, MD
I've had a carto of Peach Cobbler in my mouth pretty much full time for the last two days. If I have to kick one off to make room for it in my top 3, MCC goes.

What?! 8-o

J/k. But that peppermint/raspberry does sound really good. Maybe I could do a mint/chocoloate/raspberry?

Poeia

Bird Brain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
NYC
I just received Boston Cream Pie a couple of days ago and I am not getting too much out of that one either and everyone is raving about that one too. I love the Banana Cream and it is full of flavor. I realize I need to let it age, but I tend to have problems detecting vanilla in anything too.
Funny, Boston Cream Pie is one that has too much flavor for me. The icing on BCP is that very rich, slightly bitter chocolate. I only like that in small doses -- I doubt I eat BCP once a year. And the chocolate in the e-liquid is an exact match.

I also over-taste anything with rum or cinnamon. I ODed on AC and can't vape it any more and now I find that all but a touch of cinnamon is too much for me in any liquid.

chainvapor

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2010
Kodak TN
Funny, Boston Cream Pie is one that has too much flavor for me. The icing on BCP is that very rich, slightly bitter chocolate. I only like that in small doses -- I doubt I eat BCP once a year. And the chocolate in the e-liquid is an exact match.

I also over-taste anything with rum or cinnamon. I ODed on AC and can't vape it any more and now I find that all but a touch of cinnamon is too much for me in any liquid.

Yeah, I just made a mistake on a custom flavor of Vanilla/Butter Cream/Cinnamon. I told them to go heavy on the Cinnamon and should have told them the opposite. I didn't realize that the cinnamon in the "Customize your own" section and the AC Cinnamon are the same. I always think of cinnamon as like cinnamon sugar on toast or waffles or cookies or something like that. Live and learn I guess! At least I know I can add just a few drops to any other flavor to get a little Cinnamon if I want it. This may be the cinnamon I was looking for, maybe it is just so strong that it seems like the AC. Anyway, at least I have my Banana Nut Bread/Caramel Cookie mix to keep me happy for awhile!! It is the best custom mix I have ever made!! 75% Banana Nut Bread and 25% Caramel Cookie Doubler and I am in Vaping Heaven!!

CV :D

P.S. Thanks Redgirl!!!

Last edited:

mrsblackross

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 6, 2010
Alpharetta, GA
Dawn-how did u like the pina colada?

The Chocolate Covered Cherry wasn't my thing either, unfortunately :(

It was really mild, I liked it but mostly as an alternate if I run out of my faves at work.

I actually re-tried the chocolate covered cherry I had left, and I like it a LOT more than I did.
very weird how tastes change.

chainvapor

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2010
Kodak TN
BNB is on sale this week. :D I am just about out too. I ordered a doubler and 48mg bottle so I should be good for a while, on BNB at least.

Yeah, I already had a 4oz doubler and a 48mg bottle, but my 48mg is down to about 10ml left, so perfect time to re-order at $10.!!!! Heaven forbid I ever run out of the BNB!! Tasty Vapor RULEZ!

CV :D

Cuffss

Apr 17, 2010
New York
1. Tobacco (daily vape, best tobacco mix ever)
2. Almond Horn
3. Bananas Foster

I have coconut cream pie and Peach Melba on the way so this is subject to change. Still have not made my own blend but was really leaning toward a strawberry, banana, hint of orange for bite and a dairy base. I really wish there was a little Tasty Vapor store across the street from my house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread