Status
Not open for further replies.

supermarket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Near Atlanta, Georgia, US of A
I'm just curious what everyone elses experience is with clearos. What are your top clearos , as far as vapor, and flavor go?

The Kanger Pro Tank (the first one, version one) worked (and still does) very well for me. Unfortunately, the cinnamon juice I was vaping melted the glue out of it, but thankfully Kanger re-did their pro tank1, and it is now glueless. Out of all clearos, I found the kanger pro tank to have fantastic vapor, although the flavor is average I'd say. Especially when compared to carto tanks, or rebuildables, etc. For a clearo though, the flavor isn't bad....like I said, average.

EVOD BCC - Fantastic clearo. GREAT flavor and vapor. My only gripe is that it is polycarb plastic. In fact, I like it so much, that it is actually the ONLY delivery device made from polycarb that I have and still use (although it hasnt really gotten any use in a month at least).

The kanger pro tank and the evod bcc were both my first delivery devices, my first clearos, and the best on the list of the ones I've tried....

Smoktech Pyrex Aro - It seemed to be hyped quite a bit when it first came out, and for good reason. It was similar to an evod bcc, but with 2 improvements....1) it was bigger/holds more e-liquid, and 2) its pyrex/metal!
Unfortunately, I found my smoktech aro to have a weird underlying taste, almost metallic that I have yet (after nearly 2 months) to get out. That is a deal breaker for me....since flavor is everything to me. Also, it only takes its OWN coils...which makes it a PITA, of course I can rebuild them so its not a huge issue, but still....
I was really routing for the smoktech pyrex aro to be a great clearo, and it isn't bad....but it is starting to collect dust now, and hardly gets used anymore

Aspire BDC Pyrex vivi nova-like edition - These are relatively new, and I think they perform pretty well. I've been using mine, along with a kanger pro tank that has an adapter which allows it to take aspire bdc coils, for a few weeks now. I'm pretty impressed by the vapor that the dual coils produce....but the jury is still out on this one. Sometimes it works flawlessly , other times I get burnt /dry hits when the coils are still new, and there is over a half tank left.

Overall, I have to say I'm pretty disappointed with the performance of clearos. ALL I want is a clearo that I can use, which is low maintenance, and provides great flavor and vapor. Is that too much to ask for? :)

What are your experiences with clearos. Have you found 'the one' yet? Which ones work, which didn't?

kenmuir

Verified Member
Jan 23, 2014
AB, Canada
I've been using mine, along with a kanger pro tank that has an adapter which allows it to take aspire bdc coils, for a few weeks now.

Do you have a link to the ProTank's adapter? I've got a ton of Aspire BDC coils somewhere in the postal system (and the pyrex vivi novas and mini vivi novas to go along with it too). If I can standardize so I only buy one type of coil (as I'm not confident enough to do my own) then my wallet will be much happier.

HawaiiVPR

Moved On
Oct 19, 2013
808 State
Try an innokin iclear16 since those are only about 4-6USD. Since it appears all your clearos are BCC, might as well give a top coil clearo a go, you might like it better, or maybe not. I personally preferred the iclear16 and iclear30S over everything I had until I got my RBA/RDA. Unfortunately, the iclear16 tank is polycarb, so some juices may react to the plastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread