Status
Not open for further replies.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
I don't care what people say but on this http://e-quit.com/ they list brand names from Big tobacco/others and I feel like reporting them to the Big tobacco companies, call me a snitch but these people are fraudsters.

Reynolds filed a trademark infringement in case in NC against JAMES SPARGO, TOTALLY VAPOR, LLC and JJDS ECIGARETTES LLC (Knockout Vapor's parent company) in March, 2013, so perhaps things will trickle down - although these cases are often just a slap on the wrist.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Hopefully time will tell with them. After a new customer gets swindled, hopefully they will do some research, find ECF, and see that they are grossly overpaying for things. There are so many different options, and different suppliers, any one place that immediately discredits everyone else raises a red flag to me...

What upsets me is that their target consumer likely wouldn't have the first idea of how to find ECF.

madmach

ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
El Paso Tx
Was up in las cruces and had to stop at the mall and the guy started his sales pitch in me play with him for a bit then let him have it and told the three people standing there about ecf and to look on line as to not get ripped off with junk stuff.The young man was not to happy to say the least but the people did walk away from the stand.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Look at vapor corps prices. They are publicly traddd

Vapor Corps is like all the other "As Seen On TV" companies. I'm bothered more by Spargo (et al) since they have been around the vaping community and represent themselves as peers, not scam artists.

He was called out about his prices in another forum last year and he responded (with typos):

Everyone else's online prices?? Not competing ONLINE not everyone lives on a computer. Would highly recommend you look into the expense of having store front online is not for everyone. You all should be ashamed by not acknowledging simple business practice. People are more then welcome to go wherever they choose. You obviously have no idea as to what it takes to run a business. If I priced to what you believe is correct many more people would be dyeing from traditional tobacco products as mall kiosk would not be in business. If you know so much about this subject I suggest taking a long hard look at our products and then tell me its a joye tech. And yes a full blown USA made 510 threaded unit with pcc case is in the works. Not everyone shops online some people actually prefer human contact. Be happy jobs are created and lives are being saved. Use your time to spread a positive word and help save lives instead of wasting your time here.

ETA: That reads so strange to me. "I suggest taking a long hard look at our products and then tell me its a joye tech." So he's proud of selling an over-priced clone?

Last edited:

Paraflier

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
Pierce County, WA
Everyone else's online prices?? Not competing ONLINE not everyone lives on a computer. Would highly recommend you look into the expense of having store front online is not for everyone. You all should be ashamed by not acknowledging simple business practice. People are more then welcome to go wherever they choose. You obviously have no idea as to what it takes to run a business. If I priced to what you believe is correct many more people would be dyeing from traditional tobacco products as mall kiosk would not be in business. If you know so much about this subject I suggest taking a long hard look at our products and then tell me its a joye tech. And yes a full blown USA made 510 threaded unit with pcc case is in the works. Not everyone shops online some people actually prefer human contact. Be happy jobs are created and lives are being saved. Use your time to spread a positive word and help save lives instead of wasting your time here.

You're joking. This couldn't have been written by an adult.

:facepalm: Wow.

Last edited:

SilverCloud

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2013
Central Fl. USA.
Rawr
cheetah_icon_by_topazdragon19-d35u537.gif

I don't want to take over chelle's thread any longer with my posts about TKO (a.k.a. Knockout Vapor). Totally Knockout Vapor

The company's prices are outrageous. A kit containing ONE 650mAh rebranded or cloned eGo Twist, ONE rebranded or cloned Vivi Mini Nova (two heads included) and a USB charger for $149.95; ONE replacement carto for $9.95; ONE rebuildable clearo (2 extra heads) for $29.95...

What bothers me even more than the prices is that it's an American company run by a guy familiar with the vaping community. He knows exactly who he is ripping off. He is taking advantage of people desperate to quit smoking who don't know where, or may not have the resources, to get good information. His company is involved with kiosks (who da thought?) and has loads of subsidiaries - but what has set me off tonight is a PDF I found. http://www.cebutech.com/knockout/training/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/Turbulence-Letter.pdf

It appears to be a creepy, "touchy-feely," motivational commitment letter to be a KOV (Knockout Vapor) retailer (or customer?), complete with directions on assisting customers (or the buyer?). No vaping experience necessary. Here are some highlights

Problem: My Electronic Cigarette doesn’t give enough vapor, enough “throat hit” or gives me too much vapor.
Solution: Use the owner’s manual to properly clean and take care of your unit, and if that doesn’t help, consult your friendly KOV Vapor Technician (found at all KOV locations across the US) to see what parts can be adjusted on your kit that can help you get the desired effect. Your kit can be fitted with many different performance pieces to adjust your vapor!

Problem: I feel that my nicotine level is too strong, or too weak.
Solution: Visit your local KOV Vapor Technician for advice on how to increase or decrease nicotine levels.

There are some really priceless solutions, but I can't quote them all; however, this one floored me:

Problem: I found a company that will sell me my E liquids for less money, how do I know if I can trust them with my health, lungs and life?
Solution: The simple answer is that you can’t. Over 98% of our so called “competition” imports their E liquids from China, and as many as 16% tested by the FDA has been found to contain dangerous contamination. Not only can these contaminates damage your E Cigarette, think about what they may do to your body! At KOV, we only sell the absolute best E Liquids made with Kosher grade FDA approved ingredients right here in the USA!

Pretty good answer from a company that sells premixed 18ml bottles of e-liquid on their site for $21.00 ($5.00 flat-rate shipping) and no indication of the pg/vg ratio.

And what does it take to be a "KOV Vapor Technician?" I imagine the requirements are the same as what TKO recently posted on craigslist:

TKO VAPOR/Customer service (Animas Valley Mall)
Customer Service and Sales (Animas Valley Mall, Farmington)

TKO Vapor is proud to announce positions available with us in the Animas Valley Mall. Now seeking a few individuals to assist our clients in excellent customer service and sales of the best electronic cigarettes on the market..

Must be able to stand for 5 to 6 hours at a time.

Must be able to dress professionally.

Must be dedicated to the work that they do 100% of the time.

If you are looking for work and are serious please call Mike at 505 453 4201 to set up your interview.

We will be interviewing, hiring and training new employees Monday and Tuesday - April 21st and 22nd. Looking forward to hearing from you. Paid weekly. Salary plus commission
Rawr!
cheetah_icon_by_topazdragon19-d35u537.gif

Less than 2 years ago the company posted their "Core Story" on youtube. It's so nice to know they care.

Excuse me while I go cough up a hairball.

Wow. And the ......ed "spokesperson" in the video has the personality and screen presence/vitality of a used condom. Incredible.

Well...it's not surprising. Tons of little kiosks have been popping up in all the malls here throughout Florida, pushing drastically overpriced cheap chinese E-cigs and the like. All with an eeriely- likened sales pitch. I love stopping by them while vaping on my two-tone brass/stainless Poldiac... :2cool:

The looks I get from the salesmen AND the customers is priceless! :D And many of the Salespeople" I noticed don't even vape!

Tripster

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2011
Now, if you (as an ECF member) didn't already know what this lovely l'il mega-clawed hunny bunny is doing, would this video give you the slightest clue.

Not only is one drop of liquid equivalent to one cigarette but a 20ml of juice is equivalent to 200 cartons of cigarettes...I see them telling that to window shoppers that approach their kiosks.

Sigh!

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
we cant babysit everyone. customers really need to research and shop online, and be savvy. when i first wanted to try vaping, i passed up the gas station e-cig in search of a cheaper option. i didnt know there was anything but disposables, and i wanted to get the best price possible. so i came online, and found the mecca that is ECF. i never did end up buying that disposable. or any disposable.

what this company is doing is horrible. theres no disputing that. however, take a look at Best Buy and Radio Shack. they sell $3 cables for $30. same thing. the more you dig, the more youll expose things like this happening everywhere. be a smart consumer and youll be fine.

CandyTX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Austin, TX, USA
candybeauchamp.com
Wow, the prices are, indeed, outrageous.

But, I dunno. I mean, that's part of everything, right? We've all gotten overcharged before because we didn't know any better. That's part of living in the US, there is no price-fixing (in either direction). Having said that, I'm a research fiend and I remember stumbling on that site last month and going "uh, no". But, as a consumer, that's my right to NOT buy from them.

Oh the other hand, I have people contact me for pricing all the time in my business and tell me I'm way too expensive. It's a service business, so a little different, I know... in some cases, you really do get what you pay for. In others, like this one... well, you just have to shake your head, tell the newbies to avoid the price gouging and go on (seriously, that's WAY too expensive... his mark up is embarrassing).

I own a bookkeeping firm and I'd LOVE to see his P&L, serious bank. Or not, sometimes if you're too high, you push yourself out of the market. I suspect that will be the case here as people learn more and more about vaping. I live in Austin and we have several B&M stores, but the vast majority of vapers that I've met a pretty online savvy, so hopefully they look before the buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread