Status
Not open for further replies.

BigJimW

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 17, 2009
Warwick, RI
www.moonport.org
I bet your don't have them backed up either. Did they even send you a email?

Just like how paypal canned me.....(I'm so flipping mad)

I had them backed up, but the computer I had them on crashed in July and the hard drive had many of them. I'm going to take an inventory this weekend and re-upload the ones I have saved.

And no notification whatsoever. Today I even got the monthly email of new videos from people I subscribed to have uploaded.

I have a feeling they don't want to let me know why.

BigJimW

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 17, 2009
Warwick, RI
www.moonport.org
Do you still have the Hard drive?

There are a few ways to get your data back, even with a dead/dying drive.

No, the drive is dead. And I don't want to spend thousands to recover the data. I'll just re-do what I lost and go forward from there.

Besides, I have new toys to play with to enhance the videos a bit. So it's just as well. :p

Mr_Slippery

ECF Veteran
May 9, 2009
Well i wont drag the point out other than to say, If the data is recoverable at all you can do it yourself for next to nothing, maybe even free, depending on the setup.

Anyways, sux about youtube.

I just love how all the do-gooders love to talk about free speech until some one actually speeks about "true freedom" ,"freedom of choice", "liberty" etc.

BigJimW

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 17, 2009
Warwick, RI
www.moonport.org
bigjimw2.jpg

It's just as well. I think my videos could stand for improvements anyways, don't ya think? :D

jimik

ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2009
Spring Hill, Fl
Without notice, my YouTube channel and all videos have been canned by YouTube.

We have a new channel YouTube - BigJimW10's Channel so re-subscribe. I have a few new ones planned. I will upload the ones I have.

Guess the truth can't be told. Oh well.

What did youtube get you on? I've enjoyed most of the videos you had up, and was a subscriber. As far as I saw, you did not violate any terms of agreement. I'll subscribe to your new channel, but honestly I've grown tired of youtube. This such garbage, honestly I am disappointed that they have done this to you.

We really need to all just give up on youtube, their policies are severely lacking.

Oogie

Sep 28, 2009
WV
Big Jim

I'm very sorry to hear of your misfortune. I'm highly curious what "terms" they want to use as to why they acted as they have regarding your channel. They have struck a minor blow is all.

As you may have heard before, from another source - try Vimeo. I've seen youtube do this to another person not that long ago. There was such an outcry over the cancellation, Youtube had to reverse. If you want to research the matter I can point you in the right direction. (It's not something I would like to discuss openly.) This wouldn't be the first time Youtube would be boycotted. Just don't be surprised if they try to ban you for having two accounts - one that was cancelled and one to try to get around the cancellation.

Vimeo became home to the other person I know who had his channels disabled. Better video and sound quality- no censurship.

Please let folks know what's going on. Wishing you the very best.
oogs

BigJimW

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 17, 2009
Warwick, RI
www.moonport.org
If you include those improvements I don't think most people would be paying attention to you :p. May get you more views tho!

It's not like people were paying any attention to me looking at a boring backdrop of a wooden panel wall. LOL

Thanks for the support and encouragement gang. I have 8 videos up so far. I lost quite a few, but I'll just remake them with new knowledge. It will take time, but I think they will come out good.

Remember if you subscribed, you will need to resubscribe again.

Also, if anyone saved a copy of that experiment of the analog vs the e-cig video, please let me know so I can reupload it. That was one of the more important videos and I do not have a copy of it. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread