Youtube reviewers

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigdaddybrink1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2012
North Texas ya'll
Man, this is a gig i'd love to get into, these guys/gals get a bunch of stuff for a discount or better FREE. Here's my question, considering i've gotta face made for radio how could I start this? Just start a youtube channel and hope vendors send me stuff?? How did they get into it. I mean, grimmgreen, sure he's gotta bunch of reviews/vlog, etc. I dont mind his reviews, but i wanna do some too. I mean, i'm willing to sit infront of a webcam and tell ya'll what i think of devices, liquids, tanks, heck just tell me what i gotta do to start....aside from get a youtube channel, cause :facepalm: thats obvious. thanks!!:vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor:

Auntie Mame

Verified Member
May 26, 2014
Southern CA, United States
A face made for radio? Have you seen some of the folks on you tube and Vape TV? :) If you're only doing it to get free stuff, it probably won't work. It would be like someone reviewing books who isn't really into reading. Many (like me) live in areas where vaping is still out of the norm and again, like my town, there are no vape stores. Some one wanting information about how to get started, how to find good rigs, juices etc turn to the internet. Be personable, be real and above all be knowledgeable.

bigdaddybrink1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2012
North Texas ya'll
A face made for radio? Have you seen some of the folks on you tube and Vape TV? :) If you're only doing it to get free stuff, it probably won't work. It would be like someone reviewing books who isn't really into reading. Many (like me) live in areas where vaping is still out of the norm and again, like my town, there are no vape stores. Some one wanting information about how to get started, how to find good rigs, juices etc turn to the internet. Be personable, be real and above all be knowledgeable.
Honestly to get my views out more than free stuff. Itd b a budget vapors guide I guess......

Sent from Tapatlk jacked up msg apologizes........ Note3

The Torch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2012
Montreal
I won some free high-end flashlights for reviewing because my first review was so great. Here's my take.

The real trick is: do it for the love of reviewing and give your 100% honest impression. If you don't do it for the love of reviewing or helping others, it will show and/or you will just get tired of it, period. The rest is just tricks to help yourself and those who watch, read or hear your reviews:

Have a standard list of features to cover that everyone needs to know about or should be interested in.
Have a standard format people will recognize when they see/hear/read you.
Videos are easier for people to check out since it takes all the reading out of the way for them and audio is hard to synchronize with sound (you still can make a Youtube video without showing your face, though... but no one cares what you look like as we don't know you to start with and we don't watch Youtube videos to look for a date.)
If you make a video, talk lively. Just compare old videos from Rip Trippers and newer ones... I definitely got bored watching his older videos, but they did contain more pertinent information... take acting courses if need be!

Other than that, just buy a lottery ticket and review how you lost 2$. The downside of that is that the price will be the same, winning odds will be the same, but the wins might be lower. Positivism benefits everyone, but no to the extent where you are lying.

ProjektMayhem

ECF Veteran
Aug 8, 2014
Mooresville, NC, USA
Lol I was thinking about that the other day while I was watching Rip. He was reviewing an authentic mod that I've really wanted and he said he got it sent to him free and I was thinking I need to get into the reviewing business. But I want in for all the wrong reasons. When I watch Rip Trippers or PBusardo I watch them because they are very detailed reviews and because they have good personalities. I think that's why a lot of people are drawn to them. Rip is just a nut and that's the main reason I watch him.

So I guess just having a very outgoing personality and being thorough and honest in your reviews would get you some views.

VA Vince

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2014
Virginia
I would like to see a lot shorter videos, say part 1,2 and so on. I just can't sit and watch 30-45 minutes of talk and than going off onto another subject than back to what whomever is reviewing. Also you can do giveaways, say you have some juice you do not care for, give it away. People like free stuff and that may help getting viewers. Heck, just do a few reviews and put them up and see what happens.

Shipmonster

Aug 13, 2014
Paradise
Man, this is a gig i'd love to get into, these guys/gals get a bunch of stuff for a discount or better FREE. Here's my question, considering i've gotta face made for radio how could I start this? Just start a youtube channel and hope vendors send me stuff?? How did they get into it. I mean, grimmgreen, sure he's gotta bunch of reviews/vlog, etc. I dont mind his reviews, but i wanna do some too. I mean, i'm willing to sit infront of a webcam and tell ya'll what i think of devices, liquids, tanks, heck just tell me what i gotta do to start....aside from get a youtube channel, cause :facepalm: thats obvious. thanks!!:vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor:

Robert Rodriguez said it best in a film school speech "The best directors have something to say, they're not doing it to be rich and famous"

I make my review to help people quit smoking, that's it. I've disabled all the ad's on my videos and I'm not doing this to acquire free things. So as long as you have goals and something to say, popularity will follow my friend.

Shipmonster

Aug 13, 2014
Paradise
I would like to see a lot shorter videos, say part 1,2 and so on. I just can't sit and watch 30-45 minutes of talk and than going off onto another subject than back to what whomever is reviewing. Also you can do giveaways, say you have some juice you do not care for, give it away. People like free stuff and that may help getting viewers. Heck, just do a few reviews and put them up and see what happens.

+4073

I can't stand these loooooooooooooooooooooooooooong videos. I'm not going to sit for an hour to hear a person review something. That's why I do all my footwork before I film that I hate seeing people vape on camera. I feel awkward watching someone vape lol. But I shoot to keep all my videos 5 min and below. I only go over that mark if it's updates or something, not a review.

bigdaddybrink1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2012
North Texas ya'll
Robert Rodriguez said it best in a film school speech "The best directors have something to say, they're not doing it to be rich and famous"

I make my review to help people quit smoking, that's it. I've disabled all the ad's on my videos and I'm not doing this to acquire free things. So as long as you have goals and something to say, popularity will follow my friend.
Ok ok i wldnt mind getter nicer stuff in the long run. But I wanna help people quit smokin. Moreover people on a budget. Yall have provided mostly great feed back ty!!

Sent from Tapatlk jacked up msg apologizes........ Note3

VA Vince

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2014
Virginia
+4073

I can't stand these loooooooooooooooooooooooooooong videos. I'm not going to sit for an hour to hear a person review something. That's why I do all my footwork before I film that I hate seeing people vape on camera. I feel awkward watching someone vape lol. But I shoot to keep all my videos 5 min and below. I only go over that mark if it's updates or something, not a review.

Nice video, short and to the point. E Juice Dailey!

The Torch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2012
Montreal
5 minutes sounds short for a review, but that depends on if you have a specific set of characteristics you are aiming to bring into the light. It would make sense for budget gear though...

A little advice for anyone shooting videos: SOUND CHECK! I can't stand videos where I have to crank the volume up or down because the volume is just completely off from whatever I had playing before. Even worse are videos where the introduction theme song is loud as hell and then I can't hear anything at all... just do some sound tests and use the same settings for all your videos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread