YouTube Vape Channels Being Deleted!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CloudyFutures

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2017
Has anyone heard about this? YouTube is deleting vape-related channels. I don't know if it was just DashVapes but he had some funny videos, really going to miss them.

I'm having a hard time figuring out what the strikes are for. I don't think it's for promoting links directly to vapor products because vapers know that is a no-no on youtube. Does anyone know anything more about this situation?

Shadav

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Westfield, IN, USA
thehelpline.info
Terms of Service
The following restrictions apply to your use of the Service. You are not allowed to:

5. use the Service to distribute unsolicited promotional or commercial content or other unwanted or mass solicitations;
8. run contests on or through the Service that do not comply with YouTube’s contest policies and guidelines;
10. use the Service to (a) sell any advertising, sponsorships, or promotions placed on, around, or within the Service or Content, other than those allowed in the Advertising on YouTube policies (such as compliant product placements); or (b) sell advertising, sponsorships, or promotions on any page of any website or application that only contains Content from the Service or where Content from the Service is the primary basis for such sales (for example, selling ads on a webpage where YouTube videos are the main draw for users visiting the webpage).

YouTube Community Guidelines & Policies - How YouTube Works

Links in content
Links that send users to websites featuring content that violates our Community Guidelines are not allowed on YouTube.
If you're posting content
Don't post content on YouTube if it aims to directly sell, link to, or facilitate access to any of the regulated goods and services listed below. Making the sale of these items or facilitating the use of these services possible by posting links, email, phone number or other means to contact a seller directly is not allowed.
  • Nicotine, including vaping products
What happens if content violates this policy
If your content violates this policy, we’ll remove the content and send you an email to let you know. If this is your first time violating our Community Guidelines, you’ll get a warning with no penalty to your channel. If it’s not, we’ll issue a strike against your channel. If you get 3 strikes, your channel will be terminated. You can learn more about our strikes system here.

We may terminate your channel or account for repeated violations of the Community Guidelines or Terms of Service. We may also terminate your channel or account after a single case of severe abuse, or when the channel is dedicated to a policy violation. You can learn more about channel or account terminations here.

CloudyFutures

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2017
Terms of Service
The following restrictions apply to your use of the Service. You are not allowed to:

5. use the Service to distribute unsolicited promotional or commercial content or other unwanted or mass solicitations;
8. run contests on or through the Service that do not comply with YouTube’s contest policies and guidelines;
10. use the Service to (a) sell any advertising, sponsorships, or promotions placed on, around, or within the Service or Content, other than those allowed in the Advertising on YouTube policies (such as compliant product placements); or (b) sell advertising, sponsorships, or promotions on any page of any website or application that only contains Content from the Service or where Content from the Service is the primary basis for such sales (for example, selling ads on a webpage where YouTube videos are the main draw for users visiting the webpage).

YouTube Community Guidelines & Policies - How YouTube Works

Links in content
Links that send users to websites featuring content that violates our Community Guidelines are not allowed on YouTube.
If you're posting content
Don't post content on YouTube if it aims to directly sell, link to, or facilitate access to any of the regulated goods and services listed below. Making the sale of these items or facilitating the use of these services possible by posting links, email, phone number or other means to contact a seller directly is not allowed.
  • Nicotine, including vaping products
What happens if content violates this policy
If your content violates this policy, we’ll remove the content and send you an email to let you know. If this is your first time violating our Community Guidelines, you’ll get a warning with no penalty to your channel. If it’s not, we’ll issue a strike against your channel. If you get 3 strikes, your channel will be terminated. You can learn more about our strikes system here.

We may terminate your channel or account for repeated violations of the Community Guidelines or Terms of Service. We may also terminate your channel or account after a single case of severe abuse, or when the channel is dedicated to a policy violation. You can learn more about channel or account terminations here.
But these are old videos. At least 4 years old.

In addition, Ruby Roo, Tia Vapes, and Ryan Hall have received strikes. Vaping Vic also lost his channel but got it back.

Shadav

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Westfield, IN, USA
thehelpline.info
um, older videos are (that was or not are, sorry) not, if they still go against their TOS...not much to be done...

youtube has been slowly putting the banahmmer down for a while now, and it's not only vape related videos...a lot of content creators have been demonetization, videos deleted, temporarily banned, etc....

just because they may have posted something and it lasted a long time, doesn't mean that it doesn't go against their TOS and well it is their site so you are bound to their whims...

Last edited:

CloudyFutures

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2017
um, older videos are not, if they still go against their TOS...not much to be done...

youtube has been slowly putting the banahmmer down for a while now, and it's not only vape related videos...a lot of content creators have been demonetization, videos deleted, temporarily banned, etc....

just because they may have posted something and it lasted a long time, doesn't mean that it doesn't go against their TOS and well it is their site so you are bound to their whims...

IDK man... I think all social media platforms or any publicly used facilities have rules they need to follow... like amendments. Otherwise what's to stop Internet hosting companies from saying hey, "We are shutting down your site for placement of vapor products" or "You cannot sell sex toys, sorry".

Shadav

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Westfield, IN, USA
thehelpline.info
IDK man... I think all social media platforms or any publicly used facilities have rules they need to follow... like amendments. Otherwise what's to stop Internet hosting companies from saying hey, "We are shutting down your site for placement of vapor products" or "You cannot sell sex toys, sorry".
um...obviously you've never ran your own sites
most hosts do not allow specific content, and if you are hosting said content your site will eventually be shut down
and then there are DMCAs
and then there are local government rules, so if your server is hosted in a place that doesn't allow said content, you're screwed...which is one reason why such said sites are all located in specific regional areas....

so you have to abide by not only your hosting providers TOS, your ISP providers TOS (if you self host), your server providers TOS and their local government laws, but also any scripts that you are using's TOS, and then your registers TOS, your nameservers TOS, etc, etc, etc....now typically registers and nameservers don't really care but if they wanted to....

AND AS FOR YOUR VIDEO....um yeah no that's not allowed on youtube, it does go against their TOS (and yes I did report it), so what was your point? And as far as here on ECF, that is not at all allowed as it is not work friendly safe (and yes I did report it)....NSFW thank you good bye

CloudyFutures

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2017
um...obviously you've never ran your own sites
most hosts do not allow specific content, and if you are hosting said content your site will eventually be shut down
and then there are DMCAs
and then there are local government rules, so if your server is hosted in a place that doesn't allow said content, you're screwed...which is one reason why such said sites are all located in specific regional areas....

so you have to abide by not only your hosting providers TOS, your ISP providers TOS (if you self host), your server providers TOS and their local government laws, but also any scripts that you are using's TOS, and then your registers TOS, your nameservers TOS, etc, etc, etc....now typically registers and nameservers don't really care but if they wanted to....

AND AS FOR YOUR VIDEO....um yeah no that's not allowed on youtube, it does go against their TOS (and yes I did report it), so what was your point? And as far as here on ECF, that is not at all allowed as it is not work friendly safe (and yes I did report it)....NSFW thank you good bye
Why are you so hostile towards me? It is a thread topic. Be hostile at the thread. Do not direct it at me?

Thank you for letting me know. I took it down myself.

Shadav

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Westfield, IN, USA
thehelpline.info
Why are you so hostile towards me? It is a thread topic. Be hostile at the thread. Do not direct it at me?

Thank you for letting me know. I took it down myself.
um yeah a bit hostile towards your inappropriate video....um, that's nothing to do with the "thread topic" you chose to post a NSFW video, nothing to do with ecf or vaping or the topic at hand, you posted an explicit video....other than that, no i'm not hostile towards you.
just like youtube, or any place else, has it's rules, same here, ecf has it's rules...
now if one reads said rules and abides by said rules is a completely different story (but by joining said site, you agreed to their TOS), and said person may get by with it for some time before someone decides to take actions (that's up to the site owners/maintainers)
but just because people do things that goes against the rules and it may be years before anything is done, doesn't mean that said people were in the right...they just chose to go against said rules and eventually it caught up with them.

CloudyFutures

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2017
On the other hand there are vaping channels that keep making content sooooo :p dash Vapes must did something wrong
What is being implied through rumors in the news is that DashVapes and these other channels did nothing wrong. Youtube is slowly cracking down on vape channels... starting with videos on JUUL.

CloudyFutures

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2017
um yeah a bit hostile towards your inappropriate video....um, that's nothing to do with the "thread topic" you chose to post a NSFW video, nothing to do with ecf or vaping or the topic at hand, you posted an explicit video....other than that, no i'm not hostile towards you.
just like youtube, or any place else, has it's rules, same here, ecf has it's rules...
now if one reads said rules and abides by said rules is a completely different story (but by joining said site, you agreed to their TOS), and said person may get by with it for some time before someone decides to take actions (that's up to the site owners/maintainers)
but just because people do things that goes against the rules and it may be years before anything is done, doesn't mean that said people were in the right...they just chose to go against said rules and eventually it caught up with them.
Why am I the only one defending vapers here? are we not all vapers on ECF?

You say the same thing that Dash said in his interview with Pbusardo. Youtube threw the rule book at him, and he has to figure out what he did wrong. Why the vague answer? Why cant youtube just tell him. Go ahead and throw another youtube defense at me....

yea yeah blah blah, youtube doesn't have time to write responses... ty

Shadav

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Westfield, IN, USA
thehelpline.info
What is being implied through rumors in the news is that DashVapes and these other channels did nothing wrong. Youtube is slowly cracking down on vape channels... starting with videos on JUUL.

except that if you read, which I posted above, youtube's tos, then yeah they went against youtube's rules...
rumors or not, they promoted vaping products, they linked to vaping sites to buy said products and most of these chanels hosted giveaways....

Shadav

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Westfield, IN, USA
thehelpline.info
Why am I the only one defending vapers here? are we not all vapers on ECF?

You say the same thing that Dash said in his interview with Pbusardo. Youtube threw the rule book at him, and he has to figure out what he did wrong. Why the vague answer? Why cant youtube just tell him. Go ahead and throw another youtube defense at me....

yea yeah blah blah, youtube doesn't have time to write responses... ty
um you're not the only one defending vapers....but as mentioned, any site has it's own rules...and well, what more is there to say

go to another platform? host your videos on your own site?
do I agree with youtube, no, but is it clearly stated in their tos, yes....sorry

Superuser187

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2020
Athens
I hope they had taken down some reviewers that are complete jokes unskilled even after building thousands of attys I see them make build tutorials and I cringe and I am sure they get leaks and spitbacks or problems and they just edit the video and seems nothing bad happend and then they tell us their opinion!!!!!! pfffff. :p
Shame on them cause when you are new to vaping u cant realise their noobness and u trust them....many bad rewiewers man...like ok I understand taking money to say a product is good but making tutorials or advices that are bad it's a shame :p
YOU KNOW WHAT? I AM WITH YOUTUBE ON THIS !!!!

Hahahahaha jk

CloudyFutures

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2017
When I found out what was going on I thought people here would be outraged. But so far it's just jokes and Youtube defense.

I guess you guys are just fed up with the downpour on vaping everywhere, and on the outside, it doesn't look like anyone cares or is too exhausted.

You guys can sit there and roll with the punches. But I am going to make a stink about all these issues, and all the backlash vaping is receiving.

I will always stick up for vaping. Like if your mother lies, cheats, and steals... Are you still going to stick up for her, will you still love her?

We can make a difference guys! come on man.. PUSH BACK!

• Creative
Reactions: Sloth Tonight

Shadav

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Westfield, IN, USA
thehelpline.info
backlash is one thing....going against a sites TOS is something completely different!

No one's stopping them from posting their videos on another source that doesn't go against their TOS
or hosting their videos on their own site...

this isn't an issue about antivaping, this is an issue about a sites TOS, whether you agree with their tos or not, sorry, find another platform.

you are confusing issues here...youtube caters towards family friendly content, so an age restricted product wouldn't be allowed.

there's nothing to push back against youtube...it's part of their TOS

CloudyFutures

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2017
backlash is one thing....going against a sites TOS is something completely different!

No one's stopping them from posting their videos on another source that doesn't go against their TOS
or hosting their videos on their own site...

this isn't an issue about antivaping, this is an issue about a sites TOS, whether you agree with their tos or not, sorry, find another platform.

you are confusing issues here...youtube caters towards family friendly content, so an age restricted product wouldn't be allowed.

there's nothing to push back against youtube...it's part of their TOS
I did not know JUUL product reviews were against TOS.

Yes, I am very very confused. Why do they have age restriction settings on Youtube? if a user flags a video for age restricted content the video goes in the 18+ bucket(the video doesn't get deleted). In this case, the channel was deleted. What do you mean by "Family Friendly"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread