Yuck! first time i have smoked a pack

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamesam1243

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2010
Midland Michigan
this is the first time in over 3 months that i have smoked a full pack, but this is also the first time in over 3 months that i have had to concentrate for an extended period of time. i have diabetic neuopathy in my legs and i have to come up with a plan to fight off gangrene or lose my legs and can't be bothered with the nuisance of an ecig that really doesn't replace a cigarette well. i just popped in a Stonewall Java to try to replace these damn cancer sticks while actually using my mind to do other things except "stop smoking"

any suggestions for me to seriously concentrate and still not smoke, while my mind is nearly idle the ecig is a nice gadget to play with but i just don't have time for it just now.

James :unsure:

August 21 smoked 19 cigs, 21 less than my usual 40 cigs a day 3808 cigarettes not smoked in 109 days by using snus, Stonewall, Joye 510, Hello 016, Ken's BoxMod, MadVapes 2xAA Box mod, WetBox Vaporizer (ecig) and 19 bottles of ejuice partially used , $0.28 per cig X 3808 Cigs = $1066.24 diverted from cigarettes to Vaporizer (ecig). OMG I have spent over $1496 in 92 days on ecigs alone but bare in mind that i have 3 months worth of supplies and my old cigarette cost was $330 a month

Garrell6888

ECF Veteran
I have one idea I cannot discuss here. I will PM you.

Vaping and snus, I've heard works well. If you must smoke to stay content enough to finish your work, do so with lots of care, as for some people like me, one cigarette will turn into a pack a day 4 days later.

Maybe light a cig, take only 2 drags, and then put it out. The less smoke, the less chance of readdiction.

Sunflower seeds. Natures quit smoking device.

Last edited:

jamesam1243

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2010
Midland Michigan
For me just the thought of losing my leg would be all the motivation I need to quit everything, even e-cig. I would rather be able to walk than be able to enjoy smoking/vaping...

Lemon-aid

well then, you have just thought about it, are you still using that nicotine that destroys your circulatory system and saying "oh hell, i have years before i have to face that"?

gangrene is not just for diabetics anymore and if you eat an American diet you too will have diabetes before you are 70. The sugar in a typical "American diet" will force your body to leach out all your body's reserves to process the sugar, the deficiencies will not show up in a standard blood test until your body has run out of reserves to support it and then without those reserves your body will not be able to digest the substances it needs even if you ate them, with or without the extra sugar.

James

August 23 smoked 19 cigs, 21 less than my usual 40 cigs a day 3859 cigarettes not smoked in 110 days by using snus, Stonewall, Joye 510, Hello 016, Ken's BoxMod, MadVapes 2xAA Box Mod, WetBox Vaporizer (ecig) and 19 bottles of ejuice partially used , $0.28 per cig X 3859 Cigs = $1080.52 diverted from cigarettes to Vaporizer (ecig). OMG I have spent over $1496 in 92 days on ecigs alone but bare in mind that i have 3 months worth of supplies and my old cigarette cost was $330 a month

Last edited:

KayleePup

ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2010
Albuquerque, NM
What is it that takes you back to smoking? Killing time? The taste?

Everyone smokes for a different reason, everyone wants to quit for their own reasons. Take some time and really think about it.

I found when it came right down to it, I have an oral fixation. I like to chew on things. Food, pens, pencils, finger nails. I used to chew on my hair as a child. Getting a picture? I did. I smoked to occupy my time, to make people leave me alone (people don't surround a smoker) and to keep me from eating. I tried patches, allergic to adhesives, gum, loosened a filling, chantix, started eating. So back to smoking I went. Being a diabetic also I couldn't excercise, out of breath too fast. Then the heart attack. On Thanksgiving last year. Have you tried a hospital's heart patient diet for Thanksgiving??? I do not recommend it! I got out of the hospital and we weren't even out of the parking lot and I was pulling out a cigarette (after being told every 4 hours for 4 days that I needed to stop).

So with all of that I had to really look at what I wanted. If you want to smoke, then smoke. If you want to fight then fight and find YOUR reason for making the switch, then do it! I can't even have a pack of cigs in the house, I will light one up (as an experiment....lying to myself to justify it). So, as with every other time I tried to quit, I set a date, August 1. No more cigs, just vape. I did buy 1 pack, made my boyfriend help me smoke them all 1 day (can't just toss them, would be a waste of money.....silly). Not 1 cig since. Not to say I haven't thought about it, just haven't thought about it long enough to actually do anything about it.

Sorry this was so long, but being diabetic and having a friend who has loss toes and fingers to amputation due to his diabetes, I had to reply and let you know that it is possible to do it and move on and to turn the tide! But you are the one that has to start the waters moving.

Best wishes!

KayleePup

THE

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2008
USA
this is the first time in over 3 months that i have smoked a full pack, but this is also the first time in over 3 months that i have had to concentrate for an extended period of time. i have diabetic neuopathy in my legs and i have to come up with a plan to fight off gangrene or lose my legs and can't be bothered with the nuisance of an ecig that really doesn't replace a cigarette well. i just popped in a Stonewall Java to try to replace these damn cancer sticks while actually using my mind to do other things except "stop smoking"

any suggestions for me to seriously concentrate and still not smoke, while my mind is nearly idle the ecig is a nice gadget to play with but i just don't have time for it just now.

James :unsure:

August 21 smoked 19 cigs, 21 less than my usual 40 cigs a day 3808 cigarettes not smoked in 109 days by using snus, Stonewall, Joye 510, Hello 016, Ken's BoxMod, MadVapes 2xAA Box Mod, WetBox Vaporizer (ecig) and 19 bottles of ejuice partially used , $0.28 per cig X 3808 Cigs = $1066.24 diverted from cigarettes to Vaporizer (ecig). OMG I have spent over $1496 in 92 days on ecigs alone but bare in mind that i have 3 months worth of supplies and my old cigarette cost was $330 a month

Joel's Library - Motivating Nicotine Smokers to Quit

At all my clinics, I always tell the story of the lady who eight years ago had a circulatory condition, Buerger’s disease, and had to have her right leg amputated. As you may recall, she quit smoking and had no further circulatory complications for three years.

Then one night at a party, a friend offered her a cigarette. She figured that since she had been off cigarettes for so long, she now had control over her addiction. If she liked the cigarette, she would smoke one or two a day. If she didn’t like the cigarette, she just wouldn’t smoke anymore.

Well, she took the cigarette. She didn’t particularly like the cigarette, but the next day she was up to her old level of consumption. Four days later she lost circulation in her other leg. She knew the reason. After three years with no problem and only four days after going back to smoking her circulation was affected. Her doctor told her that if she did not quit immediately, she would probably lose her other leg.

She enrolled in a smoking clinic that week and quit smoking. Almost immediately her circulation improved. The doctor took her off anti-coagulant drugs. She no longer needed them. Soon, things were back to normal.

Nine months later, I called to ask her to serve on a panel. At that time, she replied, “I can’t come. I have been in the hospital the last two months.” When I asked what had happened, she replied, “I had my toes amputated.” She had gone back to smoking. She tried one because she just couldn’t believe she would get hooked again. She was wrong. She lost circulation, had her toes removed and eventually had her leg amputated.

I have had other clinic participants with similar experiences. The reason I talk about this story is I again ran into her about 3 years ago, at which time she told me she had finally quit smoking. I told her I was surprised, I thought she had permanently lost control. After all, she had her leg removed, the toes from her other foot, and eventually her second leg. When I confronted her with that information she replied, “The doctor finally convinced me. He said, ‘You might as well keep on smoking, I’ll just take your arms off next.” That scared her into quitting smoking. Her next comment to me was unbelievable. She looked me straight in the face, dead seriously, and said “I didn’t need a house to fall on me to tell me to quit smoking!”

I still have periodic contact with her, and whenever I bring up that conversation, we both find ourselves amazed that she could ever have made such an irrational statement. She happens to be a very rational, bright and inspirational individual. She gets around on wooden legs, socializes, and even occasionally sings and dances on stage. Once she had broken free of the drug’s effects and the smoker’s psyche, she knew she could do anything.

THE

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2008
USA
Pfffft. People that make these kind of commercials need to be shot in the head.

I usually agree with you man.. but those commercials are made for a reason!! I saw someones feet turn BLACK before... the doctors told him a few weeks before that they could save them if he didn't smoke

The guy ended up dying under a truck that fell on him but it was almost better than the suffering he was doing for his cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread