YUCK! What Happened To My Favorite Flavors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

angelique510

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
For the past couple of months I have been vaping B&H and 555 almost exclusively. Other flavors are good, but those are the only two that I can vape and not want an analog afterwords. I truly enjoyed both of them.

The past couple of days they have tasted like burnt I-don't-know-what. I get really bad cotton mouth too. Suffice it to say, it is no longer enjoyable. I have three different models of PV and it is the same with all of them. I even soaked the atties in PGA and it hasn't helped.

What happened? It can't be the e-cigs, because there is no way the could have all gone bad at the same time. It must be me. What happened to my taste buds?

What do I do? I don't want to quit vaping, but if I can't enjoy it - what's the point? Please help.

~A

voltaire

ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2009
Florida
You should always get into the habit of shaking your liquids before use. The flavoring often tends to separate and rise to the top. Could be that you have vaped the most flavorful parts of your liquids and are now left with the least flavored.

It sounds like you've tried multiple attys and carts, but if you haven't, I posted about burnt taste getting trapped in carts (and how to fix it) towards the end of this thread:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ps-avoid-harsh-burnt-taste-510-atomizers.html

maureengill

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2009
Trainer PA
www.freedomsmokeusa.com
For the past couple of months I have been vaping B&H and 555 almost exclusively. Other flavors are good, but those are the only two that I can vape and not want an analog afterwords. I truly enjoyed both of them.

The past couple of days they have tasted like burnt I-don't-know-what. I get really bad cotton mouth too. Suffice it to say, it is no longer enjoyable. I have three different models of PV and it is the same with all of them. I even soaked the atties in PGA and it hasn't helped.

What happened? It can't be the e-cigs, because there is no way the could have all gone bad at the same time. It must be me. What happened to my taste buds?

What do I do? I don't want to quit vaping, but if I can't enjoy it - what's the point? Please help.

~A

I had the same problem this afternoon...couldn't taste any of my favorite flavors....find what drink goes well with them...usually mine go well with iced tea, but not today...after 2+ months of vaping i couldn't taste either of them...try something different with them...something that you like to drink...you'll be surprised....

Maureen

Shortstuff116

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Bellingham, MA
Strangely enough switching to totally "different" flavors for just a day or two might do it for you. If you are into the B&H and 555 which are tobacco flavored for the most part, switch to a couple of fruits, candies or drink flavors. After a day or two give your original favorites a try and it just might surprise you that "they're back"!

I don't know why all of a sudden favorite flavors taste like crap, maybe it's the start of a cold or flu, but I just look at it as my brain telling me to give it a break and try something different for a change.

It can't hurt to try.

:thumb:

~A
Same thing happened to me. I had 3 flavors I absolutely loved, seriously almost always had 3 bottles of it, and breaking into one of those 3 triggered me ordering 3 more. I put a post in the experts forum. "Every liquid is tasting funny" (sorry can't do links yet)

Long and short of story: Everything, but burning taste went away, and burning taste went away following suns directions. It just seemed to be some super phase change of taste buds for a few days. I did break into every other flavor I had and tried them all again. Maybe this triggered the change back?

Glad I finally found someone else this happened to, wish their was more info out there on this.

I get severe cottonmouth and breath that could kill in the morning. I've been looking at walmart for that gum you can chew to "replenish" moisture in your mouth. Those two problems started happening 2 days after last analog.

I wish someone would come up with a juice that "quenched" your thirst and killed bad breath while you vaped! ;)

angelique510

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Same thing happened to me. I had 3 flavors I absolutely loved, seriously almost always had 3 bottles of it, and breaking into one of those 3 triggered me ordering 3 more. I put a post in the experts forum. "Every liquid is tasting funny" (sorry can't do links yet)

Long and short of story: Everything, but burning taste went away, and burning taste went away following suns directions. It just seemed to be some super phase change of taste buds for a few days. I did break into every other flavor I had and tried them all again. Maybe this triggered the change back?

Glad I finally found someone else this happened to, wish their was more info out there on this.

I get severe cottonmouth and breath that could kill in the morning. I've been looking at walmart for that gum you can chew to "replenish" moisture in your mouth. Those two problems started happening 2 days after last analog.

I wish someone would come up with a juice that "quenched" your thirst and killed bad breath while you vaped! ;)

Sounds exactly like what has happened to me!! I have been vaping for about three months, and a couple of days ago I finally said "I refuse to buy more analogs!"

I am drinking tons of water and still feel dehydrated. The only liquids that I can stand are amaretto and mint. And I just got rid of about 30 bottles of different flavors that I didn't like when I first tried them :(

Everything tastes like burnt metal or rubber. I'm half tempted to go back to smoking so that my vape tastes right, but the last analog I had tasted awful!

It is good to know I am not alone in this, but that doesn't help either of us. Let's keep in touch and see how things go.

~A

One bit of quick advice, Arctic menthol tasted exactly the same during the weird taste change. If you have any super strong minty stuff try that for a bit, and it seems to have happened at about the same time for us. After quitting completely.

I was already done to 2-3 a day, I just got sick of the taste of cigarettes. Seriously, I don't see how I started this habit, I'm actually extremely picky about things, and it just doesn't make sense now. A few days later everything I vaped was awful.

Also try dripping some, it didn't help me, but it was betterish.

Right now everything is going good, I'm on my 3rd cart refill today, funyish tasting but I blame that mostly on me spiking the nic level. Days when I can use straight juice no spiking everything is tasting normal again.

Hope you can make it through the rough patch, it was almost down to me going back to cigs.

Bogalu

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Silver Spring, MD
Your getting your sense of smell/taste back. I noticed at first 555 and RY4 was great for me... now RY4 is alright and 555 is awful, i mean its AWFUL like soggy cigarettes mixed with sour .... But you may notice flavors with a high spike can restore a bit of desire for these flavors. For instance DK redbull for one day will allow me to enjoy vanilla and RY4 for the other day. 555 is still awful though. lol

Oh and make sure your cart is saturated, now that your taste/smell is coming back, the slightest overheated filler can taste TERRIBLE! I advise dripping. 2-3 drops on the bridge of the atty and pop on an empty cart (no filler) and vape away. Pure flavor instead of the filler makes a huge difference to me. Good luck!

Last edited:

5th Element

ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2010
Ohio
www.myspace.com
I too have been having this problem for about 2 months, the only flavour I can now tolerate is coffee.....and sometimes some of the DV flavours. I thought my taste buds would come back but they haven't......:(

oh no dont say that lol! everything used to be awesome. cigs became horrible tasting! now id rather smoke a cig atlest i dont gag on it! wtf

jedrojam

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 12, 2009
Central USA
I had the same thing happen to me once when I let an atty get too dry. It lost its wicking capability and everything tasted "skunky". I soaked the atty in cola overnight, blew it out, and let it dry for a few hours. Then, with the atty off the battery, I dripped directly on the wick about 10 drops until the liquid came out the battery connector end. I wiped that off and blew through the battery end a little bit to get the excess liquid out. After letting it sit a few minutes, I popped it on a battery and was back in business. No more nasty.

5th Element

ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2010
Ohio
www.myspace.com
I had the same thing happen to me once when I let an atty get too dry. It lost its wicking capability and everything tasted "skunky". I soaked the atty in cola overnight, blew it out, and let it dry for a few hours. Then, with the atty off the battery, I dripped directly on the wick about 10 drops until the liquid came out the battery connector end. I wiped that off and blew through the battery end a little bit to get the excess liquid out. After letting it sit a few minutes, I popped it on a battery and was back in business. No more nasty.

this is with diff attys, ones that are good, new ones. refilling cartos, new carts, diff filler, like 8 diff juices. 3.7v or 6v any combo i can create. all taste horrible. gag factor status. been about two weeks. i vaped some u.s. clove and the next day my throat was sore and everything has tasted off since!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread